Pop Century Room Renovations

I brought wet and dry floor cloths (swiffer type) to clean the floors every couple of days. I never go barefoot but the kids do.

We are probably going to skip housekeeping so I may bring those too. I don’t plan to do much actual cleaning but probably will want to do a swipe of the floors especially the bathroom. I wasn’t going to skip housekeeping but with so many reports of poor housekeeping and them Skipping rooms anyway, might as well take the $140

Since you were in a renovated handicapped accessible room, did you have two queen beds or a King? If queens, was there room for the wheel chair in the room?
We had two queens. The room felt tight for us - without the additional cubbies (due to the different bathroom set up) it felt like there weren’t enough places for our things. But we also did not fully unpack because we had a short trip and had stuff for our cruise that didn’t need to be unpacked.

I am sure you can do it though... and if the one bed is up, there is lots more room.

I brought wet and dry floor cloths (swiffer type) to clean the floors every couple of days. I never go barefoot but the kids do.
I don’t go barefoot either but our niece did. She would walk around all of Disney barefoot if we’d let her.

Not as late as Hippy Dippy. Depending on what time if the year you go, none of the pools are open after park hours.

I called them from our room last month and my call was answered within 1-2 minutes. This was around 9pm or so and the items I requested were delivered to the room within 20 minutes.
DH also called them one morning and they answered pretty fast. We were on our way to a park so were in a hurry. There was a whole stack of towels and new coffee when we got back to our room that night.

I have a trip planned April 15. Will the 60s be finished by then?
Not by April. To the best of our knowledge, portions of the first 60’s building closed are still not reopened after 2 1/2 months. This is on schedule per previous refurbishments so not unusual.

The second building in the 60’s didn’t close until the end of Jan. Personally I don’t anticipate the majority of the building to reopen until May. Thus could all change, I’m just going by how long things have taken so far.

How much do you get for opting out of housekeeping? Can I get sheets and towels when I want?
You get $10/night not included your first night. We just stayed 5 nights so we got $40.

Idk about sheets but we called the front desk one morning for towels, coffee, and to empty our trash. We came back later that night to empty trash cans, more coffee (not much though), and a stack of towels.

Just checked into POP. Only request we made was for a king bed. Got a renovated king connected room in the 70's building. It is beautiful !! If any one would like pictures I can post tomorrow :) Regarding the shampoo and soap, we have a dispenser, but it has bottles, not a big clear dispenser like the other pictures I have seen. Me and DH just watched the fireworks. We are very happy with our room !!

Just checked into POP. Only request we made was for a king bed. Got a renovated king connected room in the 70's building. It is beautiful !! If any one would like pictures I can post tomorrow :) Regarding the shampoo and soap, we have a dispenser, but it has bottles, not a big clear dispenser like the other pictures I have seen. Me and DH just watched the fireworks. We are very happy with our room !!

Thanks for posting!! Question: is it connected to people in your party or strangers? Can you hear much happening in the connected room? Thanks!

Thanks for posting!! Question: is it connected to people in your party or strangers? Can you hear much happening in the connected room? Thanks!
Me and DH are here for our anniversary, so they are strangers. I can not hear the connected people at all, but I can hear the people walking by our door to the outside talking.

This is what is being installed in the rooms and that we have been discussing. Is this what you have?

66b37ba3-e882-4ccd-ad67-51bc2642ca36-jpeg.297078

This is what is being installed in the rooms and that we have been discussing. Is this what you have?

66b37ba3-e882-4ccd-ad67-51bc2642ca36-jpeg.297078
We had that in our room but it wasn’t screwed in all the way so it was super hard to get shampoo and conditioner with the bottles constantly moving.

We are at Pop now. Requested (through TA and touring plans fax) connecting, refurbished, upper floor and couldn't be happier. I couldn't do online checkin (kept getting an error message) but we arrived to find that we are in 4th floor, refurbished, connecting rooms in bldg 6. Both have two queens, though one will stay up most of the week. Storage and amenities are all fine. It is smaller than the Coronado Springs refurbished room we had last year, but very similar feel and overall execution. We have one tub and one shower room, bothers with the shampoo dispensers shown a few posts up. Good luck with busses so far.

I am disappointed that the pool closes by 8pm. It's a bit cool now, but we were planning to check it out after our warmer park days.

Other issues have been quickly resolved. We ordered from Safeway (wonderful!), but the bell desk delivered some extra bags to us the first night. Tried to call down and tell them, but figured out that our phone wasn't working.

One question, we declined Mouse keeping, and they said I would receive gift cards via email, but I still haven't gotten anything. How long should it take?

Let me know if you have any questions! I don't check messages often while on vacation, but I'll login a couple times.

We are at Pop now. Requested (through TA and touring plans fax) connecting, refurbished, upper floor and couldn't be happier. I couldn't do online checkin (kept getting an error message) but we arrived to find that we are in 4th floor, refurbished, connecting rooms in bldg 6. Both have two queens, though one will stay up most of the week. Storage and amenities are all fine. It is smaller than the Coronado Springs refurbished room we had last year, but very similar feel and overall execution. We have one tub and one shower room, bothers with the shampoo dispensers shown a few posts up. Good luck with busses so far.

I am disappointed that the pool closes by 8pm. It's a bit cool now, but we were planning to check it out after our warmer park days.

Other issues have been quickly resolved. We ordered from Safeway (wonderful!), but the bell desk delivered some extra bags to us the first night. Tried to call down and tell them, but figured out that our phone wasn't working.

One question, we declined Mouse keeping, and they said I would receive gift cards via email, but I still haven't gotten anything. How long should it take?

Let me know if you have any questions! I don't check messages often while on vacation, but I'll login a couple times.
We got our gifts card within 3 hours. We arrived at around 6:30/7 pm and had it before going to bed.

Go in to your email and do a search with word “gift” and see if it shows.

We didn't receive our gift card either. On check out day, I went to the desk to inquire about the card and they didn't believe me. I allowed them to search the email on my phone after they insisted I received it. The manager ended up giving me a physical gift card.

Would love to see more photos of a renovated king room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter