Pop Century Room Renovations

Might need to stay here a night or two this summer. When is estimated date of room renovations due to be finished? (Would be booking preferred room)
Also does it still hold true that the food court would not be undergoing after that?
Thanks! (Still planning our trip...)

Just checked into POP. Only request we made was for a king bed. Got a renovated king connected room in the 70's building. It is beautiful !! If any one would like pictures I can post tomorrow :) Regarding the shampoo and soap, we have a dispenser, but it has bottles, not a big clear dispenser like the other pictures I have seen. Me and DH just watched the fireworks. We are very happy with our room !!

Please post pictures of room with king bed.

We were there a week and half ago. Renovated room in building 6. I had some concerns pre trip but after stay there 4 nights and at Coronado Springs, the fam unanimously agreed Pop was the favorite. Now if I can get my DH to stop drawling over the Boardwalk villas

This is what is being installed in the rooms and that we have been discussing. Is this what you have?

66b37ba3-e882-4ccd-ad67-51bc2642ca36-jpeg.297078
Yes, I'm sorry, I saw a different picture :/

Yes, I'm sorry, I saw a different picture :/

YEARS ago there were plastic dispensers glued on the walls but they have been gone a long time. We've been getting small bottles, cute ones with Mickey Ears before they started putting these up.

Just got back from a stay last week at Pop (building 6- 6355) for 4 nights followed by 2 nights at Riverside (building 38- 3855).

Pop renovated rooms were my favorite and just made more sense than the old Riverside rooms. I won’t stay at Riverside until after they are refurbished which should be next year.

YEARS ago there were plastic dispensers glued on the walls but they have been gone a long time. We've been getting small bottles, cute ones with Mickey Ears before they started putting these up.
When I was here in August I got little tubes of H2o products. No Mickey ears. The former little bottles sound adorable !!

Might need to stay here a night or two this summer. When is estimated date of room renovations due to be finished? (Would be booking preferred room)
Also does it still hold true that the food court would not be undergoing after that?
Thanks! (Still planning our trip...)

My TA said the projected date of completion is by the end of May... Give Disney one more month for delay, so probably by end of June or early July. I have a booking for one night stay at Pop at the end of July. The reservation did not say anything about closure of food court due to renovation. It did however warn me about construction of Skyline.

My TA said the projected date of completion is by the end of May... Give Disney one more month for delay, so probably by end of June or early July. I have a booking for one night stay at Pop at the end of July. The reservation did not say anything about closure of food court due to renovation. It did however warn me about construction of Skyline.
Your TA is quoting what Disney originally projected but they will not be done by then. They still have 2 buildings not started, 2 buildings partially closed and 1 building completely closed. The average refurbishment is taking approx 80 days. The current projected completion date of the rooms is probably Sept/Oct if not a little later.

Your TA is quoting what Disney originally projected but they will not be done by then. They still have 2 buildings not started, 2 buildings partially closed and 1 building completely closed. The average refurbishment is taking approx 80 days. The current projected completion date of the rooms is probably Sept/Oct if not a little later.
Sounds like they are working on 3 buildings currently and two last buildings that will be the last to get done.
So, which two buildings are those, that will be the last done?

Sounds like they are working on 3 buildings currently and two last buildings that will be the last to get done.
So, which two buildings are those, that will be the last done?
Post 2 on page 1 has a lot of information. Take a look there as it has all the info plus maps to help see where buildings are at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter