Pop Century Room Renovations

Finally here, my room is renovated. As a recap I'm in building 4, only one wing is completed and that's the wing that facing the grass. Rooms facing pool and behind is closed, but the rooms facing pool look complete from peeking in. Workers are here working.

We might be the first to stay in this room, it was dusty, and smells like fresh paint. Drains even had a chalky film. I basically had to clean the room but no biggie, it's something I would have done anyways. I'll update once I check the rest of the resort out.

I am disappointed to see the food court being not so clean, looks like they are short staffed too. Stayed here two years ago and things were not like they are now.

Will you start a similar thread for the All Star renovations?
. Anyone can start the thread. I’d recommend it be someone who wants to keep close eyes on the refurbishments so that they can keep a recap post similar to what we do in post 2. I’m guessing it won’t be most people here as our resort of choice for many of us is Pop as we have a vested interest in Pop.

We checked in last night. Got what we requested, top floor 70s so we’re pleased! I like the new rooms. They’re bright and clean and DD loves the Disney pictures above her bed. I have banged my leg twice on the Murphy bed already though. :sad2:

Try folding the bedding over and over, then tuck/stuff it into the space between the mattress and the frame (covering the foot-end of the frame, it that wasn't clear :D)

Then request extra bedding.

POST #2 is updated.

:wave2::wave2::wave2: ANYONE THERE OR GOING SOON ............ we are looking for a good update on Building 5. It seems to be on a different schedule. I was there in January and there were rooms about done yet reporting back seems like the building is on delay. If you can help with reports, photo or room numbers/description of areas open/closed it would help us update for others.

Will you start a similar thread for the All Star renovations?

We are POP people overall (I have well over 30 stays). I have been to Movies but not gone back in years. Someone who visits that resort regularly and would be committed to keep thread updates needs to start it so they can update it.

Good morning! A specific request to those who are at Pop or arriving soon.

If you have time, can you please provide an update on Building 5 (Baloo building)? We believe at least 1 wing is open (the one closest to Classic Hall with the Preferred Pool View rooms) but are not sure about the rest of it.

Thanks for your help!

POST #2 is updated.

:wave2::wave2::wave2: ANYONE THERE OR GOING SOON ............ we are looking for a good update on Building 5. It seems to be on a different schedule. I was there in January and there were rooms about done yet reporting back seems like the building is on delay. If you can help with reports, photo or room numbers/description of areas open/closed it would help us update for others.

We are POP people overall (I have well over 30 stays). I have been to Movies but not gone back in years. Someone who visits that resort regularly and would be committed to keep thread updates needs to start it so they can update it.
I arrive April 11th and will be more than happy to report back, should it still be needed by then. Thanks for all the help!

I also just noticed, that for my dates Pop isn't showing availability I hope that is either a glitch or due to ramp up of construction/lower inventory and not crazy crowds.

Good morning! A specific request to those who are at Pop or arriving soon.

If you have time, can you please provide an update on Building 5 (Baloo building)? We believe at least 1 wing is open (the one closest to Classic Hall with the Preferred Pool View rooms) but are not sure about the rest of it.

Thanks for your help!

Just happened across this post at the right time - my husband had a meeting at Pop Century today and said all of Building 5 is complete and open.

We arrived at Pop yesterday around 2:30, our check-in time was 3 so we expected our room to not be ready yet. About 2 hours after we checked in, we still hadn’t received a text so we decided to ask if they had an idea of when it would be ready so we could decide on whether or not to go to Disney Springs for dinner. They said it should be done by 5 but they weren’t sure so we went to DS and got the room ready text at 6! Overall, we still had a great first night! We walked over to AoA in time to see some fireworks from HS!

We are in building 5 with a lake view! I had requested 90s building and 4th floor but didn’t get either of those which is fine. I am in a renovated room and I love it! I especially love all the shelving we have. It’s really nice!

Just happened across this post at the right time - my husband had a meeting at Pop Century today and said all of Building 5 is complete and open.

Thanks for the update! We will get this fixed.

And give a big hug to that "baby" Rolf :hug: from the Loungers and ....
..... are we not ready to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY, again :cake::cake:

We stayed at Pop the first part of March. Just a few observations...No K-cups, our coffee maker was a dual cup Cuisanart. Housekeeping forgot coffee refills one day, no cups the next... Rooms looked great, but bathroom fan was on constantly. No on/off switch I could find. And our bathroom did not smell clean, though it did look clean. Not sure what was up with that. It had a Florida-moldy kind of smell that was quite strong at times.

We had three adults in the room and it was a very comfortable and functional situation. Loved the floors, even though they weren't perfectly clean. They should leave a Swiffer in the closet! We were not offered "no housekeeping" and I didn't call and request it. We were living in pretty close quarters, so having the room cleaned daily was definitely worth it, even though housekeeping left a bit to be desired. No issues with visitors checking the room.

Overall, I think one has to keep in mind that a "remodel" is just that. Don't expect everything to be perfect, as in a new space. I love that they have queen-sized beds now, but there's not much space when both are down. We never used the little table, as we were tired when we got back from the parks, so we left the Murphy bed down. Loved the lighting, plug-ins, storage space, big TV and pile of pillows. The white and the cute décor were great. The walk to Art of Animation was lovely. We enjoyed our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter