Pop Century Room Renovations

2 ts credits?!?!? Per meal. Am I reading this correctly? I know the pizza was 2 but i fed a famiöy correct? That is sad

It's a huge upcharge for them delivering it to the room. If you pick up the pizza from the food court, it's 2 quick service credits.

2 TS credits IS ridiculous!!! I was sure it must be a typo in this thread but nope, clearly says that on the menu! Yikes!! In the past 2 QS credits purchased a family sized pizza plus drinks and possibly desserts. Is the pizza now 2 TS credits too?

I'll be walking my little feet to the food court whenever I want to eat!

I wouldn't even use 2 TS credits for the pizza. I'm sure I could find a piece of cardboard and some ketchup to smear on it. Will most likely end up with a tastier option that way.

I do have to say that my family really liked the pizza. We did not do the dining plan, so paid for the pizza out of pocket, but it was really reasonably priced. I think it was like $16 for a whole cheese pizza. My son walked to the food court to get it. He said there was no way he was paying for delivery when he could walk a few minutes to get it.

I wouldn't even use 2 TS credits for the pizza. I'm sure I could find a piece of cardboard and some ketchup to smear on it. Will most likely end up with a tastier option that way.
What, you don't think it's on par with dining in the castle? :p

I might have been tempted when we stayed at AoA in the Little Mermaid rooms. Saving that walk might have been worth at least a full table credit. ;)

Oh yes there was a menu in our room last week. I picked it up but .. darn I should have taken pictures of it.

Pictures of it on this site ... http://www.thecastleconcierge.com/renovated-rooms-disneys-pop-century/

Front is pizza and this is inside. No way I would use 2 TS credits but I'd pay cash for them to bring to me if it were raining or DS sleeping.

Pop-Century-Renovated-Room-063.jpg

This has to be new within the last year, I'm sure I would've noticed something this large since I was looking at the package in the room to see the bounceback. I always knew about the pizza. This is amazing that it is offered though, I still wouldn't use it. We stayed at AKL last year and I wouldn't even use their room service.

This has to be new within the last year, I'm sure I would've noticed something this large since I was looking at the package in the room to see the bounceback. I always knew about the pizza. This is amazing that it is offered though, I still wouldn't use it. We stayed at AKL last year and I wouldn't even use their room service.
Another move by Disney to "blur" the line between amenities offered at the 3 Resort levels-the end result being rising Resort prices.:)

Can't stop thinking about the in room dining. For 2TS I can eat at Boma 2x for a "value" of 110€. Or order wings and cheese cake and a coke. Are we sure Disney didnt make a typo. If anyone is on site. Please call and ask " am I reading this correctly you will charge me 2 TS for this?!" I am checking in on the 29th Aug and will also ask. I am not the type to b!tch but I am do tempted to give my .02 at resort management. Of course there are idiots who will pay for this. I just hope they read and comprehend as I can see many skimming and assuming QS as POP doesnt even have TS. And it makes logical sense

Can't stop thinking about the in room dining. For 2TS I can eat at Boma 2x for a "value" of 110€. Or order wings and cheese cake and a coke. Are we sure Disney didnt make a typo. If anyone is on site. Please call and ask " am I reading this correctly you will charge me 2 TS for this?!" I am checking in on the 29th Aug and will also ask. I am not the type to b!tch but I am do tempted to give my .02 at resort management. Of course there are idiots who will pay for this. I just hope they read and comprehend as I can see many skimming and assuming QS as POP doesnt even have TS. And it makes logical sense
I'm not on site, but I'm unfortunately pretty sure that this is correct about the 2 TS credits. It has always been for the pizza delivery that 2 adult table-service credits per meal are deducted from the meal plan. I cannot comprehend anyone agreeing to that, but that is just me thinking like you :crazy2: So for the in-room service meals delivered like you are talking about, I think it's right. I have always wondered like you why TS credits and not QS credits for a value resort. I've never even had any TS credits all the times we've stayed at Pop as we do the free QS dining plan, not regular dining plan.

Oh and we actually do really like the pizza at Pop and always do the 2 QS credits for the large pizza meal every trip. But we don't do delivery and I never would even if we had TS credits as the cost/value of the credits/food received is not there for us. We'd walk to get it. Most of the time we just stay down there with the buzzer and look in the gift shop while they make it.

I've heard this. Silly question, can you buy it by the slice?

You can get a "big" slice (which is the size of 2 slices, or a quarter of a pizza) + a salad for about $10 or 1 quick-service credit. Or, you can get a full pizza for about $16 or 2 quick-service credits. So, buying the slices, it works out to about $5 per slice (not counting the salad). Buying the full pizza, it works out to about $2 per slice. Much better value. You also skip the normal lines when you buy a full pizza which is valuable in itself. I always feel like I am cheating when I get the full pizza because it totally feels like non-Disney prices. lol, and you don't see too many people doing it.

They have always had the option to get pizza delivered to your room for 2 TS credits which of course is ridiculous, but that is nothing new. Anyone who does this is kind of crazy as you're essentially paying about $10 per slice of pizza. The only thing that is new is the option for delivery of foods other than pizza.

You can get a "big" slice (which is the size of 2 slices, or a quarter of a pizza) + a salad for about $10 or 1 quick-service credit. Or, you can get a full pizza for about $16 or 2 quick-service credits.

Thanks for this info! Great help! Since it's just my DD and I we would probably opt for the 1 slice plus salad. As much as it's a better deal I can't see us eating that much pizza at Disney when there are so many other great food choices.

It is good to know though to recommend to friends who travel in larger groups than us or, when we visit Disney with family! Thanks for the tip @CounselorX!

Thanks for this info! Great help! Since it's just my DD and I we would probably opt for the 1 slice plus salad. As much as it's a better deal I can't see us eating that much pizza at Disney when there are so many other great food choices.

It is good to know though to recommend to friends who travel in larger groups than us or, when we visit Disney with family! Thanks for the tip @CounselorX!

For sure! My wife and I get the full pizza once or twice on a 2 week trip - usually on an off day when we're not doing much. If we have leftovers we throw it in the fridge where it probably sits for a few days and then ends up in the trash. Hahah! We do love the pizza, though.

Any idea what my chances of getting a refurbed room January 27- Feb 3rd would be? Right now I have CBR booked as it's important for us to have queen beds. My husband is a big guy and we will be sharing beds with bed hogging kids and I want to ensure we all get proper sleep. I'm adding an extra day and was thinking of switching to POP to stay closer to budget and also avoid some of the construction. My TA is advising not switching as I can't be guaranteed a Refurbished Room with queen beds. Thoughts? The difference is about $300

Any idea what my chances of getting a refurbed room January 27- Feb 3rd would be? Right now I have CBR booked as it's important for us to have queen beds. My husband is a big guy and we will be sharing beds with bed hogging kids and I want to ensure we all get proper sleep. I'm adding an extra day and was thinking of switching to POP to stay closer to budget and also avoid some of the construction. My TA is advising not switching as I can't be guaranteed a Refurbished Room with queen beds. Thoughts? The difference is about $300

This is just my current wild guess, but... I would expect buildings 6 through 10 (70s, 80s, 90s) to be complete. I'm guessing building 5 will be close to finished or just barely opened, but hard to say this far out. Building 4 should be closed for construction. There will still be old rooms in the 50s; bldg 3 might be closed/closing depending on when 5 is opening.

Logically, at least half the rooms should be renovated by your trip - but your TA is right, there would be no guarantee.

Not sure if this has been asked yet. Has anyone put a pack-n-play in the new bathrooms yet? Is there enough room for the sliding door to close with it in there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter