• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

Apologies if this has been asked before but I wasn't interested in going through 287 pages of posts to try and find this info - I know there are a handful of rooms at Pop that still have king beds after the refurb, but does anyone have any experience in staying in one of them? I'm sure they're just as nice as the regular two-bed rooms but my husband and I are traveling down this November - we're childfree so we'd love to have a larger bed if possible. The regular room with the murphy bed up would probably be fine but I'd love to see if anyone has any feedback on a refurbished king room at Pop!

Is it safe to assume that all Pop refurbishments will be completed by August 2018?

We check in on 8/27 and our only request is connecting rooms, but I’d love two new rooms!

There was a noise I heard each night that I can't explain. It sounded like rain on the roof but I know that couldn't be since we were on the first floor. Any ideas? We had a great time, we'll diffently have to do a couples only trip again. If any questions please ask and I"ll try and answer.
This was the HVAC. I had the same issue in my refurbed room in the 90s. It was really bothersome. I had to jam my earplugs into my ear so I couldn't hear it. It is literally my only complaint about the refurbed rooms, and I noted it on my survey.

This was the HVAC. I had the same issue in my refurbed room in the 90s. It was really bothersome. I had to jam my earplugs into my ear so I couldn't hear it. It is literally my only complaint about the refurbed rooms, and I noted it on my survey.

Thanks, I'm a very light sleeper so I hear everything. This was the only noise that really bothered me. Oh, we noticed the bathroom fan had to be on a sensor because it only came on when we were in there. Not such a problem except at night when we went to the bathroom. lol

Thanks, I'm a very light sleeper so I hear everything. This was the only noise that really bothered me. Oh, we noticed the bathroom fan had to be on a sensor because it only came on when we were in there. Not such a problem except at night when we went to the bathroom. lol
I'm a light sleeper too. I always wear earplugs at hotels and usually it's fine. I had to jam them up my ears this time due to the HVAC noises. The reason why I deduced it was the HVAC is because I followed the noise the first night and it led right to the vent next to the fridge/coffee machine.

Yeah, the bathroom fan is definitely on a sensor for when you are on the pot. :rotfl:

I guess I'll give my review now. My room was not ready when I arrived, and there was a line at the front desk, so I just went right to MK because I wanted to see the FoF parade. Made it with plenty of time to spare and a great view. Anyway, I got the room text while I was on the bus. None of my requests were met. I requested 70s and highest floor. I got 90s and ground floor. HOWEVER, the 90s were basically dead quiet except for HVAC noises, so it didn't matter much in the end. And the walk across the parking lot made for a pretty short trip to the buses and Classic Hall, even though it seemed like I was in the middle of nowhere. :rotfl:

The refurbished rooms are EXCELLENT except for the aforementioned HVAC noise. They are absolutely perfect for singles and couples. If you don't have the murphy bed down, there's a TON of room, it really felt spacious. Certainly more spacious than a two queen room at a deluxe. The pictures don't do the refurb justice IMO. There's a TON of storage and so many outlets. The bathroom/sink area looks great (everything looked great really). It seems like they fixed the dirty floor issue as I wore white socks and they did not get stained at all- thanks to everyone who contacted Disney about this- THEY LISTENED!! Housekeeping was on point as well. Didn't opt out due to being solo. Everything was cleaned and replaced daily.

I can see the new rooms being an issue for families though. I didn't put the murphy bed down at all, but down it's definitely going to eat up a ton of space. Not a lot of room to walk with it down. I had a tub in my room, and I can see the sliding doors as opposed to a curtain being an issue for families trying to bathe young children. So definitely something to keep in mind for families.

Bus report: only had to wait a couple minutes getting to the parks every time. New bus screens are great. A couple times I had to wait 10-15 minutes (wasn't really timing it) on the way back from the parks, but it wasn't excessive. So I'm still pleased with the bus situation.

Overall, I was VERY pleased with my second Pop stay (last time was before refurb). I paid $120/night I believe, and it seemed like a bargain for what you get. Will stay here again in the future for sure!

Our fan would turn on randomly. If I was in the shower and the room was getting steamy it wouldn’t turn on, but if I waved my hand in front of it the fan would start.

I stayed DVC at BLT and AKL Kidani in January and the fan was like that in both bathrooms it was on a motion sensor.

Apologies if this has been asked before but I wasn't interested in going through 287 pages of posts to try and find this info - I know there are a handful of rooms at Pop that still have king beds after the refurb, but does anyone have any experience in staying in one of them? I'm sure they're just as nice as the regular two-bed rooms but my husband and I are traveling down this November - we're childfree so we'd love to have a larger bed if possible. The regular room with the murphy bed up would probably be fine but I'd love to see if anyone has any feedback on a refurbished king room at Pop!

I didn’t stay in a King room, but saw several refurbed King rooms through windows with open curtains. They appeared identical to the two Queen rooms except that instead of the Murphy bed, the beverage station was located where that would be, next to the King bed. In turn, on the opposite wall where the beverage station would usually be, there was a small, stand alone table with two chairs.

I didn’t stay in a King room, but saw several refurbed King rooms through windows with open curtains. They appeared identical to the two Queen rooms except that instead of the Murphy bed, the beverage station was located where that would be, next to the King bed. In turn, on the opposite wall where the beverage station would usually be, there was a small, stand alone table with two chairs.

Thanks! I haven't seen any photos of a finished, refurbed king bed room but I appreciate the description. It's something where we'll probably request it once we get the chance to make those requests but I'd also be cool with staying in a standard two-queen room with the second one kept up.

Thanks! I haven't seen any photos of a finished, refurbed king bed room but I appreciate the description. It's something where we'll probably request it once we get the chance to make those requests but I'd also be cool with staying in a standard two-queen room with the second one kept up.

At the 20 second mark of the below video starts a 360 degree view of a refurbished Standard King with a shower.

At the 20 second mark of the below video starts a 360 degree view of a refurbished Standard King with a shower.

Does anyone know if any of the king rooms are also ajoining rooms? My parents and sister’s family will be staying at pop and would like ajoining rooms. I am sure my parents would prefer a king room if they could get one.

Okay, here's my "obsessive" question(s) for the day: We are going in early June and taking our 2 kids and my parents. We booked Pop through a travel agent and have 2 preferred view rooms. In our contract, it says our preferences (which she was going to request) are 1) adjoining or connecting rooms 2) refurbished rooms 3) quiet rooms on high floor. When I checked in MDE under preferences, it has us locked into "adjoining rooms no connecting door" as our first choice and then only offers space for one more option: 50s, 60s, 70s, highest, ground, landscape, stairs. Any idea why I can't change the adjoining room first choice option? Is it because I booked via a travel agent? Does this mean our other preferences didn't get registered or are they on file somewhere else? If refurbished rooms are really our top choice (over adjoining rooms), should I call and try to re-prioritize them? I guess we should probably keep it so we're not in different buildings, but this is a special trip we're treating my parents to and I really want to ensure new rooms. Also our contract lists 2 double beds for each room--my parents would prefer a king but we don't care. Any point trying to change that? Is there supposed to be a place to make that request in MDE or is that just luck of the draw?? Man, this got lengthy, thanks :)

ETA: the travel agent said that they only way for Disney to put connecting on the reservation in MDE is if you are traveling with a family with kids under 18, but since my parents have their own room, they can only put it down as adjoining.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter