POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The info about the refrigerator recalls is all over disboards!

Sorry, I've only been looking up questions I had...didn't see it. I read through the first page on this thread and saw that the refrigerators are in all rooms at Pop now. I honestly didn't have time to read through ALL 250 of these pages, and I would have had no other reason to follow any other resort thread.

BTW, that first post should be changed, at least for the new thread.

EpcotBill said:
The fire was at the Grand Californian...in California, not the Grand Floridian.

Oh...oops. I thought I read GF....oh well, either way it was a refrigerator fire lol

Oh...oops. I thought I read GF....oh well, either way it was a refrigerator fire lol

You may have read that from me. :rotfl: I have posted it a few times, but I didn't notice until the last time that my iPad was autocorrecting it to "GF" instead of what I wrote as "GC". I guess it was used to me writing GF and switched it for me without me noticing. Technology is a blessing and a curse at times. :rotfl2:

smitch425 said:
You may have read that from me. :rotfl: I have posted it a few times, but I didn't notice until the last time that my iPad was autocorrecting it to "GF" instead of what I wrote as "GC". I guess it was used to me writing GF and switched it for me without me noticing. Technology is a blessing and a curse at times. :rotfl2:

Lol...its all good. Same reason different resort.
I have a love/hate relationship with auto correct.

DD and I have a trip coming up during FD. Just switched from ASMu. I was a little concerned with crowd level, due to ASSp food court being down. We really wanted Movies, but I wasn't willing to pay that much more for a preferred location, when we really wanted a standard room in Mighty Ducks. I have a small bump in price with POP, but the new menu at POP aided in the decision to switch.

Tinker_Belle said:
I didn't say anyone was "mean."

Ok sorry. Your comment say thank you for replying nicely seemed like you were upset with the way others informed you of the issue.

Hi, I am staying at POP from Aug 26 thru Sept 1st. I read on dis boards about people checking into pop was offered LM room at AOA. Is this true? I figured since LM had no free dining they all went to pop. Can I put it down as a request or just take my chances when I get there. I am excited for both rooms, but LM was first choice! Thanks!

Hi, I am staying at POP from Aug 26 thru Sept 1st. I read on dis boards about people checking into pop was offered LM room at AOA. Is this true? I figured since LM had no free dining they all went to pop. Can I put it down as a request or just take my chances when I get there. I am excited for both rooms, but LM was first choice! Thanks!

The new Pop thread is here, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3145242&page=12. I think you have very little chance of checking in at Pop and getting a room at a AoA.

We visited POP back in March (first time in a value). We found it to be "okay" definitely value that visit we found a pile of toenail clippings behind the nightstand. We chalked it up to being a mistake and its not an area a maid would normally check. We just arrived today. I found two small bugs on the tile in the bathroom. As I was laying in the tub I saw blood drippings in the bottom part o the stool. Truthfully, pretty grossed out with POP right now.

Ok..we leave this Wednesday! Nailing things down. At POP for breakfast, we are considering eating in our room a couple days, or hubby and I eating oatmeal in the dining area while the kids eat from the paid menu. They have a microwave in the eating area, and we can bring oatmeal from home--we eat that daily anyway :) Also--coffee, I can get my mug filled for free with dining plan. It might not be great coffee, but it'll work for "free" Anything I'm missing in this plan that won't work?

We are staying at the POP in 2 rooms since we are 5. I asked for joined rooms which I understand can't be guaranteed but has anyone ever asked for this and not gotten it? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter