POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if you can request a fan at checking? We are heading back to pop in two days and it would be one less thing to pack.

Thanks!

We have requested, and received, a fan each time we stay at Pop! Good luck :)

Moved our vacation up a week yesterday...so now we are just 171 days out from my happy place :)

Thanks, but when I clicked on the link.. it still posted September's schedule. Not blaming you in anyway! just saying
I also checked BuildABetterMouseTrap.com and they will post October's schedule on Thursday... today.. but as of 2 minutes ago... nothing yet.

:goodvibes Something may be cached in your browser. I got the October calendar yesterday and again just now. Anyway, here's the movies schedule by itself:

8:30pm Nightly

Sunday: Dumbo
Monday: The Pirate Fairy
Tuesday: Bolt
Wednesday: The Emperor’s New Groove
Thursday: The Little Mermaid
Friday: Halloween Movie [this is how it's listed. Not specified which movie will be played]
Saturday: Monsters, Inc.

We left yesterday! Love our stay at pop! We briefly visited other resorts for ADRs and whole they looked nice- we could not for the life of us come up with a good reason to pay so much more money to stay in them.
Pop was comfortable, clean, fun themed, and the walk to AoA is so easy and fun since they have a great food court and gift shop over there.
Bus service was amazing. Two pop buses would come before a bus for another resort. Not once did we wait more than 15 minutes for a bus. Not even to DTD or the water parks, after a very crowded and rainy MNSSHP (the line was SO long, but the buses came so quickly). We even transferred trough DTD twice after later ADRs in resorts and waited less than 10 minutes for the pop or AoA bus (you really can take either).
My husband was convinced that pop was the biggest resort in Disney and that is why the buses were so much more frequent. He was very shocked when I told him this isn't the case. :)

:goodvibes Something may be cached in your browser. I got the October calendar yesterday and again just now. Anyway, here's the movies schedule by itself:

Friday: Halloween Movie [this is how it's listed. Not specified which movie will be played]

Awesome! Thanks jcarwash :)

We left yesterday! Love our stay at pop! We briefly visited other resorts for ADRs and whole they looked nice- we could not for the life of us come up with a good reason to pay so much more money to stay in them.
Pop was comfortable, clean, fun themed, and the walk to AoA is so easy and fun since they have a great food court and gift shop over there.
Bus service was amazing. Two pop buses would come before a bus for another resort. Not once did we wait more than 15 minutes for a bus. Not even to DTD or the water parks, after a very crowded and rainy MNSSHP (the line was SO long, but the buses came so quickly). We even transferred trough DTD twice after later ADRs in resorts and waited less than 10 minutes for the pop or AoA bus (you really can take either).
My husband was convinced that pop was the biggest resort in Disney and that is why the buses were so much more frequent. He was very shocked when I told him this isn't the case. :)

Welcome back! Glad you had a great trip! Pop IS so much fun, and with the savings, one can put the savings into ADRs, dinner shows, etc. Too bad on the rainy MSSHP.. we were there in mid Sept and it poured on one of the party nights. Felt bad for everyone. We also had great bus service (and that includes DTD buses).

Love POP. Really, even when we stay at another resort, we also miss POP. :)

Arrived at Pop yesterday (Thursday). Had done on-line check-in. Got both our requests, 70's and near transportation.

Room is nice, in good shape, no complaints.

Today, we're off to Epcot to meet up with friends from the Be Our Guest Podcast. Woohoo!

P.S. Loving Pop! I had our bathers in our carry on so we jumped in the hippy dippy pool as soon as we had checked in.

I got my room request. We are in 70s and close to transportation. We are on Level 3, building 10

I arrived yesterday around noon. Requested 80s near transportation and got a 70's partial lake view. Pretty sure they knew this would be closer to the bus stop. Lol. Didn't spend any time here yesterday but I should today. So far, it's just good ole Pop!

Enjoy!! We all wish we were there too... Have a wonderful time! :cool1:

leholcomb... think we had a room near yours for one of our trips :)...side view of lake, end of building 9. We liked our end room!

We just returned from Pop 2 days ago and 2 changes took place during our stay that I thought were worth noting:

1. The hair dryers that are attached to the wall and have a nightlight on them were removed. The location where they were attached to the wall was covered over with a plastic plate. A new, very efficient hair dryer was left in a bag on the counter. Works SO much better although for those who used the nightlight on the dryer, you might want to think of something else. Glow sticks worked well for us!

2. They are removing the carpeting in the food court and replacing it with a patterned black and blue tile. So much more sanitary as I can only imagine how many things have been spilled on that carpet over the years!

Thanks! :goodvibes I was wondering what kind of flooring was going in. I like it!

Our room didn't have the new hairdryers. It will be nice to have better hairdryers... since it was definitely needed on this last trip with all the rain!

Just got back from 2 nights at Pop, and were disappointed for the first time. Our room location was great - 70s section, right off of the parking lot. We only used the bus once, but it was quick. I only got coffee from the food court, so can't comment there either. It did seem really blocked in and sort of claustrophobic - they had a large section walled off, right in front of the bakery side.

Our disappointment came when we got back from MNSSHP at 1:00am. Our magicbands wouldn't work, despite working perfectly fine that afternoon. A trip to the lobby found a busload of people waiting to check in. I knew that a phone call wouldn't get me to the front desk, but it did connect me to someone who sent someone up to let us in... without showing any sort of ID or even giving our names, which was a little disturbing. Unfortunately, this person couldn't do anything about getting our bands to actually work.

We've stayed at Pop many times since MBs became a thing, and have never had an issue until this trip. Hoping that it's just a blip and our trip in November goes as well as the others.

Just got back from 2 nights at Pop, and were disappointed for the first time. Our room location was great - 70s section, right off of the parking lot. We only used the bus once, but it was quick. I only got coffee from the food court, so can't comment there either. It did seem really blocked in and sort of claustrophobic - they had a large section walled off, right in front of the bakery side.

Our disappointment came when we got back from MNSSHP at 1:00am. Our magicbands wouldn't work, despite working perfectly fine that afternoon. A trip to the lobby found a busload of people waiting to check in. I knew that a phone call wouldn't get me to the front desk, but it did connect me to someone who sent someone up to let us in... without showing any sort of ID or even giving our names, which was a little disturbing. Unfortunately, this person couldn't do anything about getting our bands to actually work.

We've stayed at Pop many times since MBs became a thing, and have never had an issue until this trip. Hoping that it's just a blip and our trip in November goes as well as the others.

Welcome back from your quick trip.:goodvibes MB glitches are unfortunately still happening. It’s frustrating especially due to the hour you got back. It doesn’t surprise me that whoever was sent to help you get into the room couldn’t fix the MB problem. That's strange that ID was not required.. oh, did they scan your MBs to verify that it was to the room they opened?

Not that its right, but were you checking out the next day (which would be that day since you got back after midnight). Even so MBs should work until after checkout time.

BTW, we also had amazing buses when we were there 2 weeks ago!

Hoping that your November trip is glitch free. :cool1:

Welcome back from your quick trip.:goodvibes MB glitches are unfortunately still happening. It’s frustrating especially due to the hour you got back. It doesn’t surprise me that whoever was sent to help you get into the room couldn’t fix the MB problem. That's strange that ID was not required.. oh, did they scan your MBs to verify that it was to the room they opened? Not that its right, but were you checking out the next day (which would be that day since you got back after midnight). Even so MBs should work until after checkout time. BTW, we also had amazing buses when we were there 2 weeks ago! Hoping that your November trip is glitch free. :cool1:

We had a MB glitch. It was not allowing us to charge back to our room from anywhere. We were at dinner at ohana, had no cash or other credit cards and it wouldn't allow us to charge tip back. Finally the manager said she would take care of it with out hotel. Then hubby spent two hours at the front desk that night getting it fixed. They had to call whatever outside company handles the mb bc they could not figure out why it would work:(

Welcome back from your quick trip.:goodvibes MB glitches are unfortunately still happening. It’s frustrating especially due to the hour you got back. It doesn’t surprise me that whoever was sent to help you get into the room couldn’t fix the MB problem. That's strange that ID was not required.. oh, did they scan your MBs to verify that it was to the room they opened?

Not that its right, but were you checking out the next day (which would be that day since you got back after midnight). Even so MBs should work until after checkout time.

BTW, we also had amazing buses when we were there 2 weeks ago!

Hoping that your November trip is glitch free. :cool1:

No, she did not scan our bands, ask for ID, nothing.. I guess we just looked so exhausted and pathetic that she trusted that we belonged there. :confused:

We were checking out the next morning (well, the same morning), so we didn't bother with getting the bands reset or anything. Luckily we only needed to make one trip to the car.

We had a MB glitch. It was not allowing us to charge back to our room from anywhere. We were at dinner at ohana, had no cash or other credit cards and it wouldn't allow us to charge tip back. Finally the manager said she would take care of it with out hotel. Then hubby spent two hours at the front desk that night getting it fixed. They had to call whatever outside company handles the mb bc they could not figure out why it would work:(

We had a similar experience last October. MBs wouldn't let us in the room or charge/access our dining plan the first day of our trip. Mine wouldn't let me in the parks, either. It was a terrible first day at Pop thanks to the glitchy new system. Hoping for a better experience next month. If not, Disney won't get a third chance.

Thanks, I just checked it myself right before coming here.. (I liked last month's selection better..:happytv: :rotfl2:) Thanks for the info though! I appreciate that one can find out just about anything Disney on these boards! Yay Dis!!!:thumbsup2

No, she did not scan our bands, ask for ID, nothing.. I guess we just looked so exhausted and pathetic that she trusted that we belonged there. :confused:

We were checking out the next morning (well, the same morning), so we didn't bother with getting the bands reset or anything. Luckily we only needed to make one trip to the car.

weird that Disney was not more security conscious. Hoping that you are never confronted with the issue again!

We had a similar experience last October. MBs wouldn't let us in the room or charge/access our dining plan the first day of our trip. Mine wouldn't let me in the parks, either. It was a terrible first day at Pop thanks to the glitchy new system. Hoping for a better experience next month. If not, Disney won't get a third chance.

What a hassle! hoping that the second chance is glitch-free :goodvibes

Minnesota! said:
We have requested, and received, a fan each time we stay at Pop! Good luck :)

Moved our vacation up a week yesterday...so now we are just 171 days out from my happy place :)

I didn't know we could request a fan. Was it the box style? Where/when did you request it? We will be at Pop in 14 days and DH would love a fan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter