POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a warning, if you purchase any of the LE MB's to make sure you go to the front desk to have it magnetized to your room. I purchased the LE Olaf one last week and it worked on everything but the door, now when I purchased it I was told this may happen but I assumed it would be alright as I was still able to charge to the room and she said both may not work. When I went to the front desk they were happy that they advised me of that because they generally don't. The only thing that I'm not happy with after getting it linked to my door is that it no longer shows the rainbow colors when I go through FP entrances but Olaf still sings. Not sure if the rainbow effect only happens in HS or all parks but it stopped working after linking it to my room.

Just a warning, if you purchase any of the LE MB's to make sure you go to the front desk to have it magnetized to your room. I purchased the LE Olaf one last week and it worked on everything but the door, now when I purchased it I was told this may happen but I assumed it would be alright as I was still able to charge to the room and she said both may not work. When I went to the front desk they were happy that they advised me of that because they generally don't. The only thing that I'm not happy with after getting it linked to my door is that it no longer shows the rainbow colors when I go through FP entrances but Olaf still sings. Not sure if the rainbow effect only happens in HS or all parks but it stopped working after linking it to my room.

I believe some features, of the LE magic bands, are park specific.

Hello everyone! Made a big decision today to switch from POFQ back to Pop. We will be there September 17-25.

When we stayed there last month, we had a ground floor room in the 60's section towards the lake and it was perfect. Hoping to be around the same area next year. Really looking for a quiet area on the first floor. :)

Officially booked for my honeymoon in January! Staying 1/3-1/7 at POP with deluxe dining! I'm so excited to go back to POP! pixiedust:

After staying at POR for our past few trips, we decided to go back to Pop for our last trip (Sept. 22 - 27), and I realized that I DO miss POP. It is such a fun resort! A few remarks:

We requested a ground floor, bldg 2, near the lake, and that's exactly what we got (Room 2163). It was perfect. We had no problems with our MBs and our room was very clean.

Check in was super easy with the magic band. We were at the desk and on our way so quick!

So glad they are changing out the carpet in the food court, it feels just.....cleaner. I didn't care too much for the new potato casserole at breakfast, the regular cubed breakfast potatoes were better, IMO.

It was nice to cross over to the AOA resort and browse around. Such a beautiful resort!

To those who are hesitant about staying at POP because of bad reviews, don't be. There is "bad" at every resort. If POP is where you want to stay, go for it.

Does anyone know which buildings at POP have been renovated and which they have not completed yet?

Does anyone know which buildings at POP have been renovated and which they have not completed yet?

I know they were working on building 2 last week, we kept hearing the drills, we were in room 3258, right at the first bowling pin stairwell.

I'm calling on the 15th to make my reservations for December 2015. The week we are going is Pop Warner week. Herein lies the dilemma. I love Pop--hated staying at Shades of Green last January because it was lacking in everything I love--the disney feel, the outside entrance, the joy and laughter that permeates the entire resort at Pop. My husband loves Pop. My daughter loves Pop. My older daughter and her husband honeymooned there while we stayed at SoG for their wedding. (ah, the things we do for our children!) BUT, Pop Warner kids stay at Pop. We were there spring 2013 when there were a bunch of HS band and cheer groups staying there, and they didn't bother us, in fact, we found them entertaining. But I have heard horror stories about the Pop Warner kids. So I am thinking of going to POFQ instead. I keep looking at it. Queen size beds would be nice. A hot tub would be nice. The boat to downtown disney sounds cool. I have friends coming with us this time who will be doing their first trip and they would probably like it there--but it isn't' Pop. Are the kids that bad? We eat breakfast in our rooms, and pretty much do rope drop to kick us out at the parks. My heart belongs to Pop, and as pretty as POFQ is, I am having a really hard time convincing myself that going there instead is a good idea. Anyone who has stayed at both have some input for me? The ONLY thing keeping me from committing to Pop is the idea of the PW kids. We stay preferred, and ask for 1st floor 70s.

I would, also, like to know. We leave in 19 days :banana: :goodvibes and paid for a preferred room but not sure if i should request 50s or 60s renovated room.

Were they nachos supreme? Can you describe your plate for me? Thanks!

Sorry for just getting back to ya! Yes, it was the Poppin Nacho Supreme. Had it with beef chili, melted queso, shredded cheese, black olives, salsa, sour cream, bacon and guac. AMAZING! Esp for only $6.99. My whole lunch (with TiW discount) came to just over $8.00! That less than my typical salad at Subway!

It seems like just yesterday we were tracking the building/room refurbs at Pop, but it was 2010. Is Pop going through another round of new refurbs?

Hello everyone! Made a big decision today to switch from POFQ back to Pop. We will be there September 17-25.

When we stayed there last month, we had a ground floor room in the 60's section towards the lake and it was perfect. Hoping to be around the same area next year. Really looking for a quiet area on the first floor. :)

:wave2: nice to "see" you on the POP thread :hippie: We love the 60s and those lakeview rooms too. Be sure to book standard to keep away from the pool side facing rooms for a quieter room. :)

Officially booked for my honeymoon in January! Staying 1/3-1/7 at POP with deluxe dining! I'm so excited to go back to POP! pixiedust:

Wow! Congrats!

After staying at POR for our past few trips, we decided to go back to Pop for our last trip (Sept. 22 - 27), and I realized that I DO miss POP. It is such a fun resort! A few remarks:

We requested a ground floor, bldg 2, near the lake, and that's exactly what we got (Room 2163). It was perfect. We had no problems with our MBs and our room was very clean.

Check in was super easy with the magic band. We were at the desk and on our way so quick!

So glad they are changing out the carpet in the food court, it feels just.....cleaner. I didn't care too much for the new potato casserole at breakfast, the regular cubed breakfast potatoes were better, IMO.

It was nice to cross over to the AOA resort and browse around. Such a beautiful resort!

To those who are hesitant about staying at POP because of bad reviews, don't be. There is "bad" at every resort. If POP is where you want to stay, go for it.

Agree! And definitely agree on reading reviews ... read them but keep in mind that all resorts will get negative ones. Go with your heart and budget.:)

I didn't know we could request a fan. Was it the box style? Where/when did you request it? We will be at Pop in 14 days and DH would love a fan!!

Request when you arrive-Housekeeping should be able to assist you.

I'm calling on the 15th to make my reservations for December 2015. The week we are going is Pop Warner week. Herein lies the dilemma. I love Pop--hated staying at Shades of Green last January because it was lacking in everything I love--the disney feel, the outside entrance, the joy and laughter that permeates the entire resort at Pop. My husband loves Pop. My daughter loves Pop. My older daughter and her husband honeymooned there while we stayed at SoG for their wedding. (ah, the things we do for our children!) BUT, Pop Warner kids stay at Pop. We were there spring 2013 when there were a bunch of HS band and cheer groups staying there, and they didn't bother us, in fact, we found them entertaining. But I have heard horror stories about the Pop Warner kids. So I am thinking of going to POFQ instead. I keep looking at it. Queen size beds would be nice. A hot tub would be nice. The boat to downtown disney sounds cool. I have friends coming with us this time who will be doing their first trip and they would probably like it there--but it isn't' Pop. Are the kids that bad? We eat breakfast in our rooms, and pretty much do rope drop to kick us out at the parks. My heart belongs to Pop, and as pretty as POFQ is, I am having a really hard time convincing myself that going there instead is a good idea. Anyone who has stayed at both have some input for me? The ONLY thing keeping me from committing to Pop is the idea of the PW kids. We stay preferred, and ask for 1st floor 70s.

FWIW, we stayed at POP last year 12/3-12/10 - PW kids arrived around 12/6 (ages around 8-11 yrs) and we didn't have a problem with them. Seemed to be staying in the 50s section. I think that as you are on the go all day you won't notice them much. But when we did the kids were well chaperoned.

And I thought someone posted that PW wasn't staying at POP this year?

It seems like just yesterday we were tracking the building/room refurbs at Pop, but it was 2010. Is Pop going through another round of new refurbs?
This must be the best kept rehab project in Disney history. The first I heard about it was yesterday on this thread. I thought most rehabs were done every 7 years or longer. This is awfully close to the last one. Does anybody know what's really going on?

I didn't know we could request a fan. Was it the box style? Where/when did you request it? We will be at Pop in 14 days and DH would love a fan!!

Yes, it is a box fan. You can call now and add it to your room requests. I called about two weeks ago, and I arrive in 10 days. :goodvibes

This must be the best kept rehab project in Disney history. The first I heard about it was yesterday on this thread. I thought most rehabs were done every 7 years or longer. This is awfully close to the last one. Does anybody know what's really going on?

Wish I knew too....the most I saw 2 weeks ago was the flooring work in the food court. Could be a light refurb.

Perhaps those going soon (or are there now) can get some info. :)

Wish I knew too....the most I saw 2 weeks ago was the flooring work in the food court. Could be a light refurb.

Perhaps those going soon (or are there now) can get some info. :)

The flooring was likely the result of the flooding that took place. I think the PPs talking about the "refurb" was just about the new hairdryers.

The flooring was likely the result of the flooding that took place. I think the PPs talking about the "refurb" was just about the new hairdryers.

I officially declare The Great Pop Century Hair Dryer Renovation Project of Two Thousand Fourteen now in effect. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter