POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if you can just go into the restaurant to take pictures? I really want to look at the design and take pics. Not really interested in the food.

Does anyone know if you can just go into the restaurant to take pictures? I really want to look at the design and take pics. Not really interested in the food.

Not during dinner. You can wait in line and go in at lunch and take pictures

Not at dinner. At lunch you can wait in line and when you get in just go through the line then go take your pictures. You can't just walk in and out like other counter service restaurants

Was thinking of staying at POP for 4 nights before our cruise, I'm sure Free Dining isn't going to be available, i'm sure it's blacked out at my time -- won't know for a few months, but sources say NAH, probably not, might get by 1-2 nights if it starts early enough in October.

So.. with that said, I'm not too keen on eating every meal at the POP or in the parks, but not doing an offsite with kitchen, etc…

Has someone used garden grocer and rec'd a delivery of few groceries, like for breakfasts?

I just don't want to get caught up in eating food court food for 4 days before a cruise LOL :) if you know what i mean -- we will have car, so maybe a quick Walmart run before we head to the hotel, not that I want to grocery shop while there ;) :rotfl2:

I don't want to cook really either.. :lmao::coffee:

I know back in the day they had the fridge swaps… rooms have fridges now right?

Do they offer microwaves at request? toaster at request?

Thanks!
Georgette
:beach:

ge0rgette2 said:
Was thinking of staying at POP for 4 nights before our cruise, I'm sure Free Dining isn't going to be available, i'm sure it's blacked out at my time -- won't know for a few months, but sources say NAH, probably not, might get by 1-2 nights if it starts early enough in October.

So.. with that said, I'm not too keen on eating every meal at the POP or in the parks, but not doing an offsite with kitchen, etc…

Has someone used garden grocer and rec'd a delivery of few groceries, like for breakfasts?

I just don't want to get caught up in eating food court food for 4 days before a cruise LOL :) if you know what i mean -- we will have car, so maybe a quick Walmart run before we head to the hotel, not that I want to grocery shop while there ;) :rotfl2:

Thanks!
Georgette

We used Garden Grocer for breakfast stuff when we went back in October. It was easy and convenient. Plus it saved us from buying breakfast at the food courts and restaurants. We used our Free QSDP for the rest of our meals.

ge0rgette2 said:

Thanks!
Georgette

No, microwaves and toasters are not available for in room use. There are ones in the food court though that are available for use (no food purchase required to use them).

I apologize if this has been asked. As far as transportation, we will have our own car. Is it quicker and/ or easier to drive to the parks? Or just take the bus?

I apologize if this has been asked. As far as transportation, we will have our own car. Is it quicker and/ or easier to drive to the parks? Or just take the bus?

Having done it both ways, we find it quicker and easier to drive ourselves to the parks.

Thanks!
Georgette
Garden Grocer has a $40 minimum plus I think a $12 delivery charge. I've used them many times when I haven't had a car but if I had a car I would just shop myself.

Rooms do have mini fridges.

We have done it both ways and this is our view. In some cases it is faster and more convenient to use the bus system if there isn't any snags that day. POP's buses are some of the best for service also. Magic Kingdome is an example that I will use. The bus within minutes drops you off near the front gates. Using a car you must park, walk and wait for the tram then wait for the Monorail or boat to get as close as the bus drops are. We were very impressed with POP's buses as compare to other resorts.

I sure wish you could book lake view at POP, I hear its pretty nice!...I would pay a nice upcharge for that ;)

I would suggest calling the resort direct ten days out and put that request in. They will accommodate you the best they can and the lake view are nice plus some fireworks thrown in. We were on the fourth floor 50's and had wonderful views.

How is the noise from above at Pop? ;) In other words, can you hear your upstairs neighbors every time they walk across the room?

What is it that people like about POP. We've only done movies and moderates in the past.. This time my daughter would like POP Or AOA.

How is the noise from above at Pop? ;) In other words, can you hear your upstairs neighbors every time they walk across the room?

I've had a ground floor room three times at Pop Century, and I can't recall ever hearing walking noise from above. I think the main thing you can hear from other rooms, ground floor or no, is the turbojet toilet flushing noise.

I would have to agree about not hearing your neighbors above you on the ground floor. We just got back from Pop a week ago and had a bottom floor room for the first time. At first I was disappointed, but it turned out to be fine.

What is it that people like about POP. We've only done movies and moderates in the past.. This time my daughter would like POP Or AOA.

Love the dedicated bus service. Also, Pop is closer to the other parks except, of course, Animal Kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter