POR 45 mins no MK bus

Madame

DIS Veteran
title says it. People late for dining. CM says he has no control over busses & we'll have to wait booo. We'll miss RD after waking at 6am.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    854 KB · Views: 147
Had a similar situation happen to us before. We were 2hrs late to our Dinner because of the buses but lucky they still let us in for dinner. When we got back to our resort after dinner we spoke with the front desk about the problem and they reimbursed us a night of our stay for the inconvenience.

Sorry to hear about the delay. Usually POR buses are pretty good. Honestly, that is why we rent a car (and my OCD, type A, remain in control personality:goodvibes). We typically park hop over to WS for meals and like to visit resorts during our vacation. So much easier to just jump in the car. We tried the buses and I'm just not willing to depend on mass transportation.

Hope things get better!

I'm going to stop at the POR lobby when we get back. See if the can't comp up some FPs. Won't hurt to ask I guess. 7DMT was already 45 mins PP 30 when we arrived!

All of our stays at POR and never had that problem. I would love to know what happened to cause this. Bus problem? Dispatch problem?

I hope everyone got where they needed to go without any consequences.

The very same thing happened to us at POP! I was at the bus stop by 7am. NO BUS. It finally decided to roll in close to 740am. I was SO PISSED! That was the first and last time I ever took a bus for an early ADR. Ive taken a cab since then. So much easier.

Isn't that pretty typical at that time of the morning? They don't run near as frequent before park opening.

We've stayed at all the All Stars, Pop Cent, POR, POFQ, Swan, Dolphin and Board Walk and the 2 PO stays featured the worst bus service by far. PoP was the best.

Bill From PA

If you wait longer then 30min (Buses supposed to run around every 20min) you can call WDW-RIDE to contact bus dispatch and let them know your current situation. I was given this # from the POP's front desk when this happened to us. I have only had to use the # once since then and had a bus there 10min later.

Same thing happened to us when we were staying at the Swan. The CM there was kind enough to hand out yellow FP+ to the family who waited an hour (we only waited about 20 minutes). They did have like 5 buses to AK in that span though, not sure why so many to AK and 0 to MK.

We had a rental car on our trip in May and we only used it once to get to the parks. Every other time we used Disney transportation and found that it worked great. We never had to wait very long at all and would have no hesitation using Disney transportation again :thumbsup2

Same thing happened to us when we were staying at the Swan. The CM there was kind enough to hand out yellow FP+ to the family who waited an hour (we only waited about 20 minutes). They did have like 5 buses to AK in that span though, not sure why so many to AK and 0 to MK.

Same thing!!
4 AK busses in that 45 mins!

This happened to us in November at CBR. We waited 45 min for an Epcot bus and saw repeated buses for other locations. I picked up the phone on the wall at the bus stop and dialed the number listed for bus/transportation. An Epcot bus was there 10 min later. Very frustrating!

We had a rental car on our trip in May and we only used it once to get to the parks. Every other time we used Disney transportation and found that it worked great. We never had to wait very long at all and would have no hesitation using Disney transportation again :thumbsup2

We had no problems at AoA last Aug or the last few days here. They're usually good, just not today.

We had no problems at AoA last Aug or the last few days here. They're usually good, just not today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter