POR room tab?

moosebug

Disney Bound in December. Loves ladybugs. Marrie
I am staying at POR Dec. 7-14 and saw a thread on another board of submitting traveler's checks upon checkin and charging to them instead of a credit card? Is this true? Has anyone done this? I have a limit on my debit card and particuarilly don't like the idea of carrying around large amounts of money and this would be a great alternative. If its true. Thanks in advance! Please disregard all misspellings I am typing very fast becaus ei am at work!!!
Thanks! JEnnifer:bounce:

Sorry but I don't know the answer. Your best bet is to call POR directly and ask them.

You can always lock them in the room safe too.

Have a great time.

I know that you can definitely charge on your room key if it is approved. Perhaps, if you don't have a credit card, they will allow you to leave a deposit with them such as traveler's checks. Otherwise, if you don't want to use a credit card, why not just charge it to your room and lock your traveler's checks in the safe. Then when you check out you can pay the balance with your travelers check.

To find out the policy, for sure, I would call the POR. They should be able to quickly answer your question. Let us know if you find out.

You do not need a credit card to do this. You can "deposit" your TC's or cash and then charge against them. We've done this many times at many WDW resorts. If you happen to get a CM that doesn't know about it at check in just ask for a supervisor (we've only had that happen once).

Thanks for the replies. I think that's what we'll do. My husband doesn't want to charge anything on our trip to our credit cards. Thanks again, Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter