Port Arrival Time and Boarding Groups Using Disney Transport

Check-in is first. Starts at 8:50 (some people line up starting at 8:15). This is just to get a bus assignment. That’s why you really only need one person to pick up a little character picture (corresponding to bus. You get one for each member of your party - stapled together).

You will come back later (unless it is already time) for the Meet in Lobby - your entire party must come down, stand in line, and then go together to the bus.

Check-in and Meet in the Lobby are all the same general area - a ballroom near the hotel main desk.

Hope that helps.
Ok thanks. I had heard that everyone had to be present for bus assignment portion. This was not the case?

#7 is a relatively low boarding group. When your bus arrives you will go through security and check-in, then if your #7 has not yet been called you'll wait for a bit in the terminal. Keep in mind that boarding doesn't even begin until 11:30 or so; folks with the earliest PATs always have to wait. Arriving around 12:45-1:00pm is actually great because the crowds have cleared the terminal and you likely can walk-on right after check-in.
Now THIS is the hidden gem! I’ll be keeping this in mind for my Nov cruise! Thanks!!

Ok thanks. I had heard that everyone had to be present for bus assignment portion. This was not the case?
I should not answer this one with a definite answer, as we were both there.

If others were sent away due to missing people, I would accept that answer. There is no logical need for that - if there will be a wait until your Meet in the Lobby time.

I should not answer this one with a definite answer, as we were both there.

If others were sent away due to missing people, I would accept that answer. There is no logical need for that - if there will be a wait until your Meet in the Lobby time.
In our case a couple weeks ago, we did not all need to be present to get the bus passes. Just all claiming to be in the hotel lobby was sufficient. Also, note that the bus assignments were previously made and we just needed to check in to be given the correct bus tickets. In our case, there were 2 busses from our hotel and 2 cast members checking people in. We happened to check in with the "wrong" bus leader and the cast member needed to go to the other cast member to get the bus slips for us--not that you would know which cast member to check in with ahead of time. YMMV.

In our case a couple weeks ago, we did not all need to be present to get the bus passes. Just all claiming to be in the hotel lobby was sufficient. Also, note that the bus assignments were previously made and we just needed to check in to be given the correct bus tickets. In our case, there were 2 busses from our hotel and 2 cast members checking people in. We happened to check in with the "wrong" bus leader and the cast member needed to go to the other cast member to get the bus slips for us--not that you would know which cast member to check in with ahead of time. YMMV.
Previously made assignments?

Previously made assignments?
Yes this is interesting. It sounds like one PP said bus assignments were made on a first-come first-serve basis and another PP made it sound like bus assignments were made based on some roster that was previously decided. Is it different depending on the pickup location?

Yes this is interesting. It sounds like one PP said bus assignments were made on a first-come first-serve basis and another PP made it sound like bus assignments were made based on some roster that was previously decided. Is it different depending on the pickup location?
I would imagine that the Disney Resort transport may work this way. But the Hyatt has always been first come, first serve.

I would imagine that the Disney Resort transport may work this way. But the Hyatt has always been first come, first serve.
That could be the difference, but I don't think the busses were part of the Disney transports--I think it was a Mears bus. Our pre-determined bus situation was a pick-up from the Grand Floridian--and was a DVC member cruise. Those may be factors here. We do know that our bus was full from the Grand Floridian and went straight to the port. The other bus was not full and stopped at another resort before heading to the port.

Our cruise is this Friday and we are staying at Hyatt with DCL transfers from Hyatt lobby. This is the email I received today. Seems different from others' experiences.

"Welcome to Hyatt Regency® Orlando International Airport. Below are a few important things to remember as you get ready to embark on an unforgettable voyage.

Guests with Pre-Purchased Transfers from Hyatt Regency® Orlando International Airport

Bell Services will begin luggage pick-up at 8:00 AM (EST) on the morning of your sailing. Please place the luggage you wish transferred to the ship inside your room near the door with Disney Cruise Line luggage tags attached. You do not need to be present for the luggage to be collected. Should you need additional Disney Cruise Line luggage tags, they may be obtained at Bell Services or the Concierge desk.

Online Check-In

To expedite your check-in at the cruise terminal, please make sure you have completed Online Check-In at disneycruise.com. If you have not completed Online Check-In, you have until 11:59 PM (EST) the day before embarkation to complete.

Important Reminders

Remember to pack a day bag to carry with you that includes valuables, medication and anything you may need on the day of embarkation. Please keep all proof of citizenship, photo identification and Port Arrival form with you at all times as you will need to present these items upon arrival at the Hospitality Desk.

Guests 21 years of age and older are allowed to bring a maximum of 2 bottles of wine or one 6-pack of beer in their carry-on luggage. Additional alcohol beyond this limit or any discovered in checked luggage will be discarded. Bringing liquor and spirits (including powdered alcohol) on board is prohibited.

Time to Sail

All Guests are invited to meet with the Disney Cruise Line Representative at the Hospitality Desk located in the lobby at the following times: Concierge Guests at 8:45 AM (EST), Pearl Castaway Club Guests at 8:45 AM (EST), Platinum Castaway Club Guests at 9:00 AM (EST), Gold Castaway Club Guests at 9:15 AM (EST), Silver Castaway Club Guests at 9:30 AM (EST), and All other Guests at 9:45 AM (EST)."

We were staying at Hyatt for Sep 1 cruise. We got PAT of 11:15, boarding group 6. We got to the port around 10:15 am and were allowed in the port right away, checked in and boarded around noon.

That could be the difference, but I don't think the busses were part of the Disney transports--I think it was a Mears bus. Our pre-determined bus situation was a pick-up from the Grand Floridian--and was a DVC member cruise. Those may be factors here. We do know that our bus was full from the Grand Floridian and went straight to the port. The other bus was
DCL organized and determined logistics. Mears or other companies must drove the buses.

Our cruise is this Friday and we are staying at Hyatt with DCL transfers from Hyatt lobby. This is the email I received today. Seems different from others' experiences.

Time to Sail

All Guests are invited to meet with the Disney Cruise Line Representative at the Hospitality Desk located in the lobby at the following times: Concierge Guests at 8:45 AM (EST), Pearl Castaway Club Guests at 8:45 AM (EST), Platinum Castaway Club Guests at 9:00 AM (EST), Gold Castaway Club Guests at 9:15 AM (EST), Silver Castaway Club Guests at 9:30 AM (EST), and All other Guests at 9:45 AM (EST)."
Wow. This is so different! Wonder if they are trying something different. What cruise are you on? Is it the first Halloween cruise?

It’s a Halloween cruise but I don’t know if the first. Sept 15-18 Wish
I believe it is the first one. I read some of the first HOTHS sailings had pushed back port arrival times due to decorating. Wonder if that’s the case here? I’d be interested to see if this continues. We have a room of platinum and one gold, so I’m concerned about this. I don’t like the idea of not having my platinum perk just so we can ride together.

We just sailed the wish 8/28 and drove so I had to stay up til midnight for our PAT time. Just booked the wish again for March but will be using disney transfers this time and staying using our DVC. Do I need to do the whole midnight PAT time again?

We just sailed the wish 8/28 and drove so I had to stay up til midnight for our PAT time. Just booked the wish again for March but will be using disney transfers this time and staying using our DVC. Do I need to do the whole midnight PAT time again?
Since you'll be taking DCL transfers from a WDW resort your PAT and boarding number will be automatically assigned to you.

Since you'll be taking DCL transfers from a WDW resort your PAT and boarding number will be automatically assigned to you.
Thank you! It's nice knowing I won't have to stay up til midnight and deal with the website when everyone else is on it at the same time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter