Port Arrival Time and Boarding Groups Using Disney Transport

When you get a chance, I would love to hear how it went today with that different bus check-in process. Happy sailing!
We boarded today. It worked exactly as stated in the email I posted. The man working at the Hyatt desk said it’s always been first come first served so this was new. They had staff everywhere looking up your castaway level if you didn’t know it and then told you what time to come back to get in line to check in. Guests started showing up around 8am and they opened the DCL desk around 8:15 but only to tell guests their castaway status and check in time. They started the check in lines pretty close to the timeline in the email. First bus departed around 10am. Also our port arrival form had said boarding group 6 and that stayed as is. They didn’t start boarding anyone till around 12:15- maybe because of the change over to Halloween.

We boarded today. It worked exactly as stated in the email I posted. The man working at the Hyatt desk said it’s always been first come first served so this was new. They had staff everywhere looking up your castaway level if you didn’t know it and then told you what time to come back to get in line to check in. Guests started showing up around 8am and they opened the DCL desk around 8:15 but only to tell guests their castaway status and check in time. They started the check in lines pretty close to the timeline in the email. First bus departed around 10am. Also our port arrival form had said boarding group 6 and that stayed as is. They didn’t start boarding anyone till around 12:15- maybe because of the change over to Halloween.
Any indication this is a test or something that will be across the board? What level were you?

Since you'll be taking DCL transfers from a WDW resort your PAT and boarding number will be automatically assigned to you.
Thank you. We've been to WDW a thousand times but this is our first Disney Cruise.

We have 3 cabins/11 Family members and we're taking Disney Cruise transportation from AKL. I've been told multiple times via calls/chats that our PAT is assigned when we check in but NOT our Boarding number by DCL CM's. So, both of these will be automatically added during the check in process? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Thank you. We've been to WDW a thousand times but this is our first Disney Cruise.

We have 3 cabins/11 Family members and we're taking Disney Cruise transportation from AKL. I've been told multiple times via calls/chats that our PAT is assigned when we check in but NOT our Boarding number by DCL CM's. So, both of these will be automatically added during the check in process? Thanks in advance.
You will not have to choose a port arrival time. That will be assigned to you. Everyone gets a boarding group assigned to them at check-in. Disney transport from the Hyatt and WDW resorts will have a lower one since they tend to get you so the ship decently early.

You will not have to choose a port arrival time. That will be assigned to you. Everyone gets a boarding group assigned to them at check-in. Disney transport from the Hyatt and WDW resorts will have a lower one since they tend to get you so the ship decently early.
Thanks, will that Boarding group be preassigned regardless of when we "check in"? Will we need to start check in at midnight to give us a better chance of getting a early boarding time?

Boarding Group is tied to PAT. Arriving on DCL Transfers from a WDW resort automatically gets an early PAT which then translates into a lower (earlier) Boarding Group. Nothing to be done on your part.

Boarding Group is tied to PAT. Arriving on DCL Transfers from a WDW resort automatically gets an early PAT which then translates into a lower (earlier) Boarding Group. Nothing to be done on your part.
Great, thank you. So I don't have to get up at midnight to register? haha Thanks again.

Great, thank you. So I don't have to get up at midnight to register? haha Thanks again.
Well there may be other reasons to be up at midnight, but if your primary concern is the PAT and Boarding Group, the midnight time is not necessary. I believe there may be a couple of special onboard activities that only open at online check-in, but they may not be of interest for you/your party.

Well there may be other reasons to be up at midnight, but if your primary concern is the PAT and Boarding Group, the midnight time is not necessary. I believe there may be a couple of special onboard activities that only open at online check-in, but they may not be of interest for you/your party.
Thanks again.

Sep 2, Fantasy, Hyatt lobby pick-up.

From the info e-mail pre-cruise (Aug 31 for Sep 2 sailing):
So they sent you an email regarding boarding? How far in advance did you get that email if I may ask. We're 5 days out and haven't seen anything yet from DCL regarding transfers.

---

Last edited:
I believe it is around 2 days prior. Interested to see if it will be first come first serve or by Castaway Club status for you.
I'll let you know when I find out. I know the last 2 times we used DCL transfers from WDW we were just told to come down to check in around 8ish and were asked to hang out until they loaded us on the bus. Last time we got on at AKL, and had to drive to another resort to pick up guests before heading to PC. Might be way different this time as we are on a full ship by all accounts.

I think the only special onboard activity that was tied to online check in was Royal Gathering (everything else was booked when the activity/excursion window opened). But now that online check in is staggered, that's not true anymore. Now Royal Gathering is 30 days out for everyone, regardless of Castaway Cay status. I don't think there's an special onboard activities with booking tied specifically to online check in.

When I checked in for our cruise, our PAT wasn’t assigned and we received BG 3. Later, when I checked online, the BG had changed to 6. It seemed for the bus check in, we had been assigned to the second bus, as others who checked in after us, went on the first bus. When we checked in at the terminal, the CM said to go with BG 3 (I printed it out when I checked in online), and there was no problem as they just checked the document I had with BG 3 on it.

We were on the Wish last weekend and arriving from the Hyatt Airport we were assigned group 1 at the port!!!
Our original group was supposed to be 6 but we got the first bus from the Hyatt and a lady got on the bus at the port and gave us group 1 cards.

Our bus was the first bus to arrive that day from anywhere!

Think it was 11:45 before we were able to board after the back to backs, concierge, and family of the day.
Do you mind me asking what CC status you are?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter