Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is 'ordering from GG'? Also, if the main pool is closed where else can we swim? Are the pools heated?
Thanks.

What is 'ordering from GG'? Also, if the main pool is closed where else can we swim? Are the pools heated?

GG is Garden Grocer, from where you can order groceries online and have them delivered direct to your hotel.

If the French Quarter pool is closed, you can use any of the other pools around Port Orleans Riverside (there are six over there).

And yes, the pools are all heated to 82 degrees.

Andre

We booked a standard view room. We definitively do not want a handicap accessible room. Is there a request we should make to lessen our chances of getting a non-accessible room? Also, are any of the standard rooms better than others? We were considering not making any requests, but after reading that the accessible rooms have wheel in showers, we don't want that.

WOOHOO!! :cool1:

I just booked us one night after our Disney Dream cruise at POFQ in June. We wanted just a basic standard view room but they didn't have any so we got a Garden View room. Silly question for you guys - can we still get building 4 with a Garden View? If I understand correctly, Garden View just means you won't get a parking lot view, right? We actually loved our Standard Room in building 4 last June and requested it, although I know it's not guaranteed.

It was cheaper for us to spend the night at POFQ since the flights home after the cruise were so expensive and we are using airline rewards and no rewards flights were available that day. What torture to stay there one night, but we'll make the best of it. We look forward to the boat rides to Downtown Disney, Arneil, the beignets, the lovely grounds, the pool...... :lovestruc

Heather

glad to see the movies on the green start at 7pm...and not later.

if one is staying in building 4, 5 or 6 is the noise from the movie program intrusive?

We were in building 5 facing the green and honestly it wasn't all that bad. You could hear it, but I easily watched TV or fell asleep while the movies were going. Mom would actually go down and watch some of it from the smoking area right along there.

Earlier this month we finally got a corner room!!! (we've stayed at FQ at least a dozen times!! :)) It was so nice! Building 4, 2nd floor, view of the fountain. We had a door connecting to the room next door so, yes, that combination exists! :thumbsup2

Did you get a lot of noise from people going up and down the stairs? I would love a corner room but that is a concern for me.

My husband and I have stayed at the Poly the past 2 years and really like the resort but as I am looking to price our next vacation, in September again, I am realizing the Poly has gone up a little in price and at this point, even with the 40% off, I'm not sure I can justify the cost! I am looking at a moderate resort and the POFQ actually seems really nice and has numerous good reviews. Has anyone stayed at the Poly as well as stayed at the POFQ? If so, would you choose POFQ over the Poly?

My husband and I have stayed at the Poly the past 2 years and really like the resort but as I am looking to price our next vacation, in September again, I am realizing the Poly has gone up a little in price and at this point, even with the 40% off, I'm not sure I can justify the cost! I am looking at a moderate resort and the POFQ actually seems really nice and has numerous good reviews. Has anyone stayed at the Poly as well as stayed at the POFQ? If so, would you choose POFQ over the Poly?

Hello! I can't comment yet, but we've stayed at the Poly many times (our most recent stay was exactly one year ago) and I'm planning a short stay at POFQ with our youngest son in April. I stayed deluxe growing up through college, and then again for the past eight years. Our two older boys have stayed in mods (CBR and CSR), but our youngest hasn't yet. So I'm traveling with our youngest during Easter week and it's peak season rack rate everywhere! As a result, we're doing two nights at POFQ and our last night at YC. We chose POFQ because of the great reviews, small size, and because I've read that it may be the mod most similar to deluxes. We've stayed at CBR and CSR, and POFQ looks like it might be a notch up, but I'm not sure yet. I'll be interested to hear more from POFQ vets!

Did you get a lot of noise from people going up and down the stairs? I would love a corner room but that is a concern for me.

We had corner rooms twice. The stairs were not an issue and we didn't notice much noise. Each building has a couple stairways plus a set of elevators so not everyone on your floor goes up the stairway by your room

Can't Wait, 24 days until 1st stay onsite and at POFQ. I hope I can get building 4 so my DD (3) :tinker: won't have to walk as far.

anyone know how many free power outlets there are in the rooms? Trying to figure out if we need a full size power strip for all the chargers and electronics we always travel with.

Thanks

anyone know how many free power outlets there are in the rooms? Trying to figure out if we need a full size power strip for all the chargers and electronics we always travel with.

There aren't really enough for a modern tech-loving family, I'd take a power strip with you.

Usually: two sockets by the table, another set on the wall by the bed and possibly another spare down behind the bedside table. Plus two next to the washbasins for the hairdryer.

Andre

Thanks

There are 5 easily accessible unused outlets in the main part of the room and 2 more in the bathroom area. There's another outlet behind the TV but it's not as easy to reach.

:wave2:

Hello! I can't comment yet, but we've stayed at the Poly many times (our most recent stay was exactly one year ago) and I'm planning a short stay at POFQ with our youngest son in April. I stayed deluxe growing up through college, and then again for the past eight years. Our two older boys have stayed in mods (CBR and CSR), but our youngest hasn't yet. So I'm traveling with our youngest during Easter week and it's peak season rack rate everywhere! As a result, we're doing two nights at POFQ and our last night at YC. We chose POFQ because of the great reviews, small size, and because I've read that it may be the mod most similar to deluxes. We've stayed at CBR and CSR, and POFQ looks like it might be a notch up, but I'm not sure yet. I'll be interested to hear more from POFQ vets!

Bookgirl, (and super-sneaky MK guest!) I'll be counting on you for POFQ advice in the next couple months!

There is some POFQ stuff at the end of that same trip report because I did a split stay. I'll answer anything I can but Andre is the real expert.

For anyone who has been recently:
Does POFQ have separate shampoo and conditioner, or do they still have the (icky) "shampoo plus conditioner" in one?
Trying to only bring carry-ons!
Thanks.

For anyone who has been recently:
Does POFQ have separate shampoo and conditioner, or do they still have the (icky) "shampoo plus conditioner" in one?
Trying to only bring carry-ons!
Thanks.

Ding Ding Ding

Icky 2n1 is a winner

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but... Does a gallon of milk fit in the fridge?or should I request half gallons on my order? I did try searching but that was fruitless!

We will be there 10 days so I wanted a gallon and a half of milk. I have toddler boys that go through it like crazy.

Thanks. We will be there two weeks from today!

i am sure this question has been asked before but there are soo many pages to look through

in 23 days i am able to check in on-line, when i do so am i able to request a river view room. and what rooms what the best view. i am looking at google map and building 7,6,5,2 each seem to have some good views of the river

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter