Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have our requests noted on our reservation. You may make mention ( on reservation) that daughter has dust or what ever allergies, and ask for extra cleaning for allergies. Along with your request for a new room.

No idea of which is better for getting requsts, on line or checking in at arrival. From what i heard from a CM on the Dis board, it's more to do with when you arrive rather then how you check in.

I read this on the POP thread recently ............

Heads up about online check in. The Disney phone CM's just got a computer upgrade. They told one of my fellow Travel agents today that if you have a request...DO NOT do online check in as the new system will erase all your requests when you do that.

I have also read a few reviews/TR stateing that the person did online check-in and did not recieve any of their requests.

I know I will not be doing online check -in since I do not want to risk my requests being erased.

Is anyone going to MK today or soon? I wanted to see what the newest developments were on the Fantasy Land Expansion were looking like. I was hoping to see that area but might have to be Feb 2013 before we can see it.

I read this on the POP thread recently ............

Heads up about online check in. The Disney phone CM's just got a computer upgrade. They told one of my fellow Travel agents today that if you have a request...DO NOT do online check in as the new system will erase all your requests when you do that.

I have also read a few reviews/TR stateing that the person did online check-in and did not recieve any of their requests.

I know I will not be doing online check -in since I do not want to risk my requests being erased.

We did online check in and requested a mansion building and got Oak Manor....not sure how true this is though

Anyone know? :confused3

We just got back and both my 9 and 12 year olds slept on the murphy bed. They think the bed was very soft and comfortable. My 12 YO is about 5 ft and he fit on the bed with some room to spare. I am not sure about the age to get one of these room.
Hope that helps.

Jenna

I have a question, does anyone know if a family of 5 can sleep in the princess/prince themed rooms?
I think the answer is no but just want to confirm my suspicions.
This will be our 4th trip, and fourth stay at POR and my DH 6'4 sleeps on the Murphy bed he likes it for his back. I think he does so he will not get a foot in the face from one of our 3 DD's:rotfl:

TIA:flower3:

O.K. I have to edit this post...I am rather impatient...just found out about the new refurb and the new trundle beds in the AB section. Geesh take one year off and a whole lot has happened to our home! Guess DH is just going to have to rough it.

So now I have a new question are the beds now Queen size instead of Doubles? (she asks hopefully)

OK I'm confused. Are there Murphy beds or trundles? Is there a difference in which bed you get if the room is refurbished?

I have a question, does anyone know if a family of 5 can sleep in the princess/prince themed rooms?
I think the answer is no but just want to confirm my suspicions.
This will be our 4th trip, and fourth stay at POR and my DH 6'4 sleeps on the Murphy bed he likes it for his back. I think he does so he will not get a foot in the face from one of our 3 DD's:rotfl:

TIA:flower3:

O.K. I have to edit this post...I am rather impatient...just found out about the new refurb and the new trundle beds in the AB section. Geesh take one year off and a whole lot has happened to our home! Guess DH is just going to have to rough it.

So now I have a new question are the beds now Queen size instead of Doubles? (she asks hopefully)

Hi Pamela! Yes the new rooms have Queen sized beds! I can't wait until our annual trip next August, (hope to see you there)!:cool1:

:confused3 don't think that's the right link. I couldn't find the omelette video!
Sure is good though. yum.

OK try this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOc2EQ4CQFs&list=UU5m9SiSDHeIcXn-ux2caYAQ&index=2&feature=plcp

The first time I posted the link it was from the Ipad app that may have been the problem. I shot the video on my iPod just as a spur of the moment type of thing so the quality is really quite bad. I think it is so cool how he is able to flip with either hand and just get into a rhythm.

OK I'm confused. Are there Murphy beds or trundles? Is there a difference in which bed you get if the room is refurbished?

Yes, there is a difference.

In the Alligator Bayou section, the older rooms have a small trundle bed that slides out from under the double bed.

The recently refurbished rooms have a small Murphy bed that folds down from the wall. These rooms have two queen beds.

The Magnolia Bend section (mansions) have queen beds in the refurbished rooms, but no extra bed for a 5th person.

Hey Venomhatch Happy Birthday Have a :mickeybar on me!

kcmike you will have to wait until next year for yours. But hey it's only 6 days away a day before my Moms Birthday.

We just got back and both my 9 and 12 year olds slept on the murphy bed. They think the bed was very soft and comfortable. My 12 YO is about 5 ft and he fit on the bed with some room to spare. I am not sure about the age to get one of these room.
Hope that helps.

Jenna

That's great to know! We are considering staying there again next year but are a little worried our kids were outgrowing the trundles. You don't happen to have a pic of him on it do ya?:flower3:

We have a reservation for the RGR first week of March. My parents now want to go for 3 nights but there are no RGR rooms available, only waterview... what are the chances of requesting a mansion room so they can at least be on the same side of the resort as us?

Woohoo! I just paid off the POR leg of our trip today. I am so excited! I *wish* there was availability for the other half of our trip, but maybe something will come up. I'm sure that a big reason for it is the refurbs. Here's to hoping (although I'm sure I'll enjoy BC for the 2nd half, I'd love to just stay at POR the entire time).

I am just barely 5'8" and I laid down on the murphy bed and my feet hung off....I was trying it out because both of my nephews were throwing a fit over sleeping on it (neither wanted to). I was like nope, no way....I'm going back to the queen bed. LOL

We have two reservations coming up at POR - 1 room-only on Sunday, 1/1, and one AP rate room plus dining for 1/2-1/6.

Few questions I'd really appreciate some feedback on:

1. We've reserved a garden room on both ressies. Trying to figure out which building I can expect, in Mansions, if we've requested a room as close to the main building as possible. We stayed in Oak Manor last year and loved it for the convenience. I know renovations there will start early in 2012 - anyone know if they're starting next week? If so, and it's unavailable, what would you recommend we request if we specifically want Mansions, will not be doing a Royal Room, and need easy access to the main building? (Access is both for convenience and ease/comfort for my DH who will have just undergone back injections this Friday - ouch.) We'd love a newly renovated room if one is available in Mansions with the garden room classification.

2. We'll be arriving at POR by around 11 or 12 on Sunday, and are toying with the idea of a lazy first day swimming at the resort, then taking the boat to Downtown Disney for dinner (have reservations at Raglan Road at 6:00). My in-laws are staying off-site. Will they be able to park at POR to visit with us, and then take the boat with us to Downtown Disney? Or is POR strict about visitors and time limits on parking? Would it be better for them to park at Downtown Disney and then take the boat over to POR for the afternoon, then ride it back at dinnertime?

Thanks so much for your help! :flower3:

We have our requests noted on our reservation. You may make mention ( on reservation) that daughter has dust or what ever allergies, and ask for extra cleaning for allergies. Along with your request for a new room.

No idea of which is better for getting requsts, on line or checking in at arrival. From what i heard from a CM on the Dis board, it's more to do with when you arrive rather then how you check in.

So did they say when it was best to arrive, early, regular time, late? Hey, I can be flexible, heck, if I am reading this correctly and they AB new rooms have 2Q instead of double, that is even better yet. The twins tend to want to be close to me when staying at hotels.....I need my space.

Does anyone know if Building 14 in AB has been renovated?

I called to make my room request and the CM didn't quite understand what I was requesting. I would like to stay in the newly renovated part of AB. The 2nd part of my request was that I would like to be as close as possible to the lobby/food court, while in a newly renovated room. I finally just gave her building numbers (36 -39). I'm not really sure what she ended up putting in the request so I think I'll call back and try again! Any advice on how to say this request in a way the CM will understand clearly? I'm sure I'm making it more difficult than it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter