Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay folks for those who are crafty......

I have never decorated a window before but while taking inventory in my travel box I discovered a hidden stash of LGMH's (those lime green paint chips that Home Depot use to have shaped like mickey heads), so I am thinking about using them to make a small banner.

Seems like there was some talk at one point about they didn't want you to use thumb tacks on the window facings and no tape on the windows. Clings won't work because it will probably be the mickey heads strung on twine or fishing line.

Has anyone done window art lately and what do use use to hang stuff?

We're here and loving it!! Jetlag was a killer (day 3 and most if our group are still tired!). After travelling for 24+ hours we arrived after midnight on the 12th (check in date was the 11th) and no line for DME or check in at that time of day!

I sent a fax similar to Venom's template a few days prior and experienced a little pixie dust. Our groups 3 rooms were all adjoining each other and in Magnolia Terrace and technically an upgrade from standard to garden view (we are in room 8921 - it's awesome!!)

Magic bands are going well. So easy to use although DS has lost his already. Have ordered our fast pass+ prior to heading out to te parks as well and "technically" it is possible to also use the regular fast pass system as well with the KTTW card that is given out as "back up" on check in.

Am I missing anything?? Lol

Addit. Bookgirl a room a few down from ours have removable disney stickers on their window. Very cute!!

Also crowds are great this time of year. 20 mins is the longest we have waited anywhere for a ride so far!!

Yes, separate shampoo and conditioner, plus two types of bar soap - but no shower gel oddly enough. I can't think why they'd give separate shampoo/conditioner but omit shower gel!

Andre

That's perfect...one less thing for me to worry about packing. Which will leave more room for souvenirs!:thumbsup2

Thanks!!

My batteries went dead so couldn't reply! However I got even more pixie dust! I booked a standard room only and didn't ask for anything to be added to the reservation, however I did ask for a higher floor when checking in online and faxed asking for a third floor room in the mansions...and I got it!

When I came here today, she told me unfortunately I had a third room floor and I was super excited....I think I scared the poor girls!

I have never decorated a window before but while taking inventory in my travel box I discovered a hidden stash of LGMH's (those lime green paint chips that Home Depot use to have shaped like mickey heads), so I am thinking about using them to make a small banner.

Seems like there was some talk at one point about they didn't want you to use thumb tacks on the window facings and no tape on the windows. Clings won't work because it will probably be the mickey heads strung on twine or fishing line.

You can try the command hooks. They will not leave any marks. I hope it works:confused3, because that's my plan.:)

Haven't yet, but I've read about other people using the little suction cup hangers when they are decorating their windows....hope it will give you some help. :):)

I use suction cups when I decorate my windows at home. They work wonderfully. I use them on my bathroom mirrors as well for hanging Christmas lights.

Just in case you don't know yet, you can look for the doors and the windows decoration threads. They explain the rules and window sizes and all we need to know. Since I looked for their threads more than a year ago, I don't remember the exact location, but use the "search" button and you'll find it. They are really prolific both in examples and in info.

:tinker: Poussière de fée!

Just in case you don't know yet, you can look for the doors and the windows decoration threads. They explain the rules and window sizes and all we need to know. Since I looked for their threads more than a year ago, I don't remember the exact location, but use the "search" button and you'll find it. They are really prolific both in examples and in info.

:tinker: Poussière de fée!

hmmm have to go look, thanks

hmmm, I'm going to have to search for these too. I decorated my window at POP last year using the window clings, but I saw several windows with lights and banners etc. I would think either the suction cups with hooks or contact hooks would both work great. Look in the Christmas decorations by the Christmas lights.

We're here and loving it!! Jetlag was a killer (day 3 and most if our group are still tired!). After travelling for 24+ hours we arrived after midnight on the 12th (check in date was the 11th) and no line for DME or check in at that time of day!

I sent a fax similar to Venom's template a few days prior and experienced a little pixie dust. Our groups 3 rooms were all adjoining each other and in Magnolia Terrace and technically an upgrade from standard to garden view (we are in room 8921 - it's awesome!!)

Also crowds are great this time of year. 20 mins is the longest we have waited anywhere for a ride so far!!

My batteries went dead so couldn't reply! However I got even more pixie dust! I booked a standard room only and didn't ask for anything to be added to the reservation, however I did ask for a higher floor when checking in online and faxed asking for a third floor room in the mansions...and I got it!

When I came here today, she told me unfortunately I had a third room floor and I was super excited....I think I scared the poor girls!

pixiedust::cheer2:pixiedust::cheer2:pixiedust::cheer2:

I leave in 6 days! Gonna send my fax from the Contemporary when I check in on the 21st for the 26th. And will probably do my online check in this weekend. (Thanks to you all)

ONLY 2 things I want is a room in Acadian House and to be able to stay in that room through both reservations! Will make my life so much easier - would hate having to check on after 8 nights and then check into another room for another 2 so am hoping I get some as wellpixiedust:!

Glad to hear the crowds are good - is 20 minutes short? and what ride was that? That must mean that Riverside Mill isn't super crowded - which will be nice.

By the way - what time is sundown? Isn't it a longer day or did that switch back to an earlier time? Just trying to figure out if we have light from 7-9 pm....sun is going down about 6 - 6:30 now....

I hope this works, it's a link to the thread about decorating the windows.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1867638

I am going the week of Thanksgiving and I can't decide to do Christmas or Thanksgiving. :confused3

Too bad you can't do both! But isn't Thanksgiving less crowded with better weather? We usually go near Christmas - not at (this was in 2009 I think) and the water on the lakes near POR were frozen on top!!! Froze my you know what and kept thinking - isn't Florida orange country and supposed to be warm!:rotfl2:

If you have done Christmas, why not think about Thanksgiving - Gobble, Gobble.....either way, have fun!

pixiedust::cheer2:pixiedust::cheer2:pixiedust::cheer2:

I leave in 6 days! Gonna send my fax from the Contemporary when I check in on the 21st for the 26th. And will probably do my online check in this weekend. (Thanks to you all)

ONLY 2 things I want is a room in Acadian House and to be able to stay in that room through both reservations! Will make my life so much easier - would hate having to check on after 8 nights and then check into another room for another 2 so am hoping I get some as wellpixiedust:!

Glad to hear the crowds are good - is 20 minutes short? and what ride was that? That must mean that Riverside Mill isn't super crowded - which will be nice.

By the way - what time is sundown? Isn't it a longer day or did that switch back to an earlier time? Just trying to figure out if we have light from 7-9 pm....sun is going down about 6 - 6:30 now....

It became night really early yesterday, before or around/just after 7 I believe. I will watch out today myself and let you know :)

On to Magic Kingdom today!!:wizard:

Just wanted to give a quick update,as we are here now. Checked in on Wednesday and room was ready when we got here, which was 11 am. This is our first time staying here and was a little nervous but the resort is nice. We are a little far away from the main building but very close to the west bus stop. No fridge but did receive the credit for not having one. Busses have run pretty good, not too long of waiting and crowds have been light. Have to say I love the magic bands, they are easy to use and everything has been running smoothly.

Just wanted to give a quick update,as we are here now. Checked in on Wednesday and room was ready when we got here, which was 11 am. This is our first time staying here and was a little nervous but the resort is nice. We are a little far away from the main building but very close to the west bus stop. No fridge but did receive the credit for not having one. Busses have run pretty good, not too long of waiting and crowds have been light. Have to say I love the magic bands, they are easy to use and everything has been running smoothly.

Thanks for sharing. POR is a relaxing resort. Great to hear no problems with MB:)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards °o°

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter