Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it silly that my excitement for my trip to POR bleeds over to being happy for total strangers that are on their vacations?

Either way I hope you have a wonderful trip!

It is not silly. I do the same thing. I believe that it helps feed our love of Disney to live vicariously through others. lol When my sister and her family go to Disney, I expect her to text me photos all day. I want to know where they are and what they are doing. Makes me feel like I'm there too.

Now, if January would just get here, we'll be on our way. ::MinnieMo

As a follow up to this, are the boats to DTD on any schedule and is it published somewhere? We're actually staying at POFQ and plan to take the boat to WPE in DTD and then boat back to catch Yehaa Bob. I'm just trying to figure out from a timing standpoint when we need to be at the dock at DTD to get back to POR. How long is the boat trip? Do the boats frequently fill up and require you to wait for another? I presume the same boat is used from POFQ and POR. Which is the first stop?

They appear to run continuously, I'm not aware of a schedule. You should be able to get one every 15 min or so (?).

They go from DTD to POFQ to POR, then back to POFQ and DTD. It is a nice ride!

I'm staying at POFQ in mid-January. Should i make reservations for Boatwright's or just walk-up? I want to eat here on my arrival day, I guess that I will get to the resort at around 7pm. (My flight is scheduled to land a little before 4pm.

Well today is the day. We will be heading to the airport shortly.
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for this thread. It has been a joy and informative reading all of the posts. We have had great fun planning our trip ( over a year ) and Our family can't wait to be on Disney soil later today.:cool1:

Special shout out to Andre and Venomhatch.

Thanks again,

Dan

Well today is the day. We will be heading to the airport shortly. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for this thread. It has been a joy and informative reading all of the posts. We have had great fun planning our trip ( over a year ) and Our family can't wait to be on Disney soil later today.:cool1: Special shout out to Andre and Venomhatch. Thanks again, Dan
have a great time! It is a wonderful resort :-)

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for this thread. It has been a joy and informative reading all of the posts. We have had great fun planning our trip ( over a year ) and Our family can't wait to be on Disney soil later today.:cool1:

Thanks again,

Dan

Have a great time. Send a post once in a while so we can hear how your trip is going. :earsboy:

Thanks again,

Dan

Glad to hear you could make use of our help. I hope you have a magical visit with us!

We are staying at POR from 12/11 - 12/17 (got a PIN and was able to book Free Dining at POR...Yeaaaaaay! :woohoo: )

We have a preferred room booked. Within that group of buildings is there any location that is better than others? I am just trying to decide if I need to put in any requests.

TIA. :love:

We did it. We are coming down in February. Jan 31 - Feb 7. Can't wait. Will be our first time at POR. We've stayed at POFQ, but never got over to POR.

I just booked this resort for Thursday night! It is a back to school celebration! I can't wait to see the kids' faces when we tell them Thursday!

We are going to meet the teacher night and then heading over to POR. We have dinner at Cape May Cafe booked.

I'm so excited! We live about an hour away so we never stay at the Resorts. I thought it would be fun to feel like a tourist again. :banana::cool1:

Is Yeehaw Bob still there? I have only heard about him. I thought we might stop in to see him after we swim Thursday night.

Is there a "formula" for when your DME bus will leave? Our flight leaves MCO at 1:00pm, and trying to figure out if we can keep our Ohana reservation that morning or if we'll not have time. No chance we can get on DME at the Poly, is there?

Is there a "formula" for when your DME bus will leave? Our flight leaves MCO at 1:00pm, and trying to figure out if we can keep our Ohana reservation that morning or if we'll not have time. No chance we can get on DME at the Poly, is there?

You're departure time for DME is 3 hours prior to your flight and they usually recommend being there 15-30 minutes prior so you should plan on being ready about 9:30-9:45am. Unfortunately, you'll need to take the DME from the resort you stayed at so you won't be able to take it from the Poly. If you keep your ADR, if it's early enough, you may want to take a taxi back to POR to save time.

If you go to see YeeHaw Bob, you should get there no later than 7:15-7:30 for seats......

Can you tell me for approximately how long he plays each night? Is the lounge are open after his performance? What's the vibe like there when he's not playing?

Thanks dansdad :goodvibes

DH and I plan on getting an in-room sitter one night (maybe ... if we aren't completely exhausted) and were hoping that there would be a quiet-ish lounge where we can have a few drinks and wind down. This doesn't seem like the place, eh?

Anyone have suggestions? We would be up for a cab ride to another resort although we will probably end up at the bar at Raglan Road. We always seem to end up in an Irish pub. :drinking:

Thanks dansdad :goodvibes

DH and I plan on getting an in-room sitter one night (maybe ... if we aren't completely exhausted) and were hoping that there would be a quiet-ish lounge where we can have a few drinks and wind down. This doesn't seem like the place, eh?

Anyone have suggestions? We would be up for a cab ride to another resort although we will probably end up at the bar at Raglan Road. We always seem to end up in an Irish pub. :drinking:

You're welcome. The lounge is very laid back and peaceful on the nights Yeeha Bob isn't performing, Sun - Wed.

Raglan road is a great choice though. We love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter