Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a room with an interior door connecting the two rooms you request connecting rooms. Adjoining rooms are next to each other but don't have a connecting door.

Thanks... I don't know why I can't keep those two straight! Connecting with a connecting door. Sounds so simple! :lmao:

Hello! I've been reading as much as I can through this thread, so I apologize if this was already asked.

My husband and I are staying for our first time on Disney property (though we've been many times, lived in Orlando for a while) and he booked a King Room for the first week of September. We are celebrating a birthday and our anniversary so we were hoping for maybe a river view and somewhere close to food,etc but slightly scenic and romantic. It didn't give him the option to book preferred and king through Hotels.com and he wasn't sure what he was booking so he went with king option first. What buildings/areas would you recommend attempting to put a request in for? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Hello! I've been reading as much as I can through this thread, so I apologize if this was already asked.

My husband and I are staying for our first time on Disney property (though we've been many times, lived in Orlando for a while) and he booked a King Room for the first week of September. We are celebrating a birthday and our anniversary so we were hoping for maybe a river view and somewhere close to food,etc but slightly scenic and romantic. It didn't give him the option to book preferred and king through Hotels.com and he wasn't sure what he was booking so he went with king option first. What buildings/areas would you recommend attempting to put a request in for? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

It's better to ask for what you want (river view, close to food court, etc.) than to ask for a specific building number.

I officially booked and paid the deposit for our honeymoon today! June 1st-8th! So excited and can't wait to start making ADRs and fast passes.

Question, I have a Guest Services CM that has put in a request to have a room ready for our early arrival and the CM has told me he will also call the resort the night before to see if they could have a room ready. Do you guys think I should also fax our requests over when our trip gets closer or just leave it to GS? We have a garden view Royal room booked Oct 25-Nov 2 and have also requested a 2nd or 3rd floor room.

It should be ok to send one. Make sure you mention that in your fax request that you asked for your room to be available for early check in if possible. Make sure to include your other requests also.

We'll be heading down for a first stay at Port Orleans Riverside in just 2 weeks! My question is does anyone know if there is a good place to catch a football game close by? RE maybe the bar at the pool or something? It's a primetime game on ESPN and will be in Animal Kingdom during the day but back at the room by 5:30 to catch the game. The room is an obvious choice but would also be fun to be able to not all cram in the room to see it.

We'll be heading down for a first stay at Port Orleans Riverside in just 2 weeks! My question is does anyone know if there is a good place to catch a football game close by? RE maybe the bar at the pool or something? It's a primetime game on ESPN and will be in Animal Kingdom during the day but back at the room by 5:30 to catch the game. The room is an obvious choice but would also be fun to be able to not all cram in the room to see it.

There is a nice bar just outside the main lobby area next to the restaurant that has TV's, drinks, and some tasty food.

We were last at POR in May 2013 , loved it so much coming back again for Halloween 2014 !!!!! quick question. family of 3 ( me, DH and DD 8) are we more likely to be placed in the mansions? ( which we want) Last time we didn't send in a request and got pixie dusted with RR, want to follow the same formula, and hope for pixie dust in some form. ( we aren't picky!) so far booked for garden view ( got this to get the rack rate as per our TA)

Love this thread!

Sharilee

How many years later and I still call it MGM! Just can't help it, but at least I don't use Magic Kingdom to refer to all of Disney World!

I know a lot of people who say Disney World when referring to Magic Kingdom. As in "Today we're going to Epcot, tomorrow we're going to Disney World". :confused3

What are the beds like? I had back surgery in April so need supportive beds. I'm hoping they aren't too soft? Can anyone give me an idea? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter