Port Orleans Riverside to EPCOT via Riviera Resort

disneydesifan

Earning My Ears
I have a Disney World trip coming up and we are planning to do EPCOT. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. We have the option of bus transportation from here to EPCOT but we would be at the front entrance of EPCOT. We would like to do early entry for Remy's Ratatouille so would like to enter from IG side. From what I read, we can go to Hollywood studios by bus from Riverside and then take Skyliner to Caribbean Beach resort and then go to EPCOT IG. This looks like a long route considering we have a toddler.

Instead of this, we would like to take Minnie Van/Lyft from Port Orleans Riverside to Skyliner station at Riviera Resort and then go to EPCOT IG by getting on Skyliner. Is it possible to do that? Can Minnie Van drop us at Skyliner station at Riviera Resort OR do we need to walk a lot to get to Riviera Resort Skyliner station?

We were just there in April and took the Skyliner to Epcot every morning. I don't recall that station having close drive-up availability. BUT...if you take a Minnie Van to building 5 of Caribbean Beach resort, you'll have about a 2 minute walk to the Riviera station. (That's where we stayed and that's how long it took us to walk...with two elderly parents.) If it were me, I'd schedule the Minnie Van to drop off at Caribbean Beach and when you actually get in and talk to the driver, tell them what you're doing...I'd bet good money they'd take you to the right spot to get the skyliner quickly.

Thanks all for great advice. When I checked Minnie Van drop off point for Riviera, I found Skyliner Station and Lobby as two drop off points. I just want to confirm if this strategy will work or do I need to go to Caribbean Beach instead of Riviera?

Thanks all for great advice. When I checked Minnie Van drop off point for Riviera, I found Skyliner Station and Lobby as two drop off points. I just want to confirm if this strategy will work or do I need to go to Caribbean Beach instead of Riviera?

Are you dead set on taking the Skyliner? There’s really no need. You can take a Minnie Van directly to Beach Club and walk 5 minutes to the IG.

I just spoke with Disney agent and was told that while entering Caribbean beach resort through rideshare or Minnie Van, security will check if we have dining or resort reservation at Caribbean Beach. He suggested to take rideshare to Riviera Skyliner station instead and then take a Skyliner to EPCOT. Any suggestion or experience on this?

I just spoke with Disney agent and was told that while entering Caribbean beach resort through rideshare or Minnie Van, security will check if we have dining or resort reservation at Caribbean Beach. He suggested to take rideshare to Riviera Skyliner station instead and then take a Skyliner to EPCOT. Any suggestion or experience on this?
Whoever told you that was wrong. Minnie Vans enter through the bus lanes/gates. Do you recall the agent's name?

Also, you'll want to take a Minnie Van to Disney's Beach Club Resort, not Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort; they are not the same. You can walk to the International Gateway from Beach Club, thus eliminating the Skyliner altogether.

Whoever told you that was wrong. Minnie Vans enter through the bus lanes/gates. Do you recall the agent's name?
They allow Minnie Vans into resorts even if the passenger isn’t staying at the resort and/or they don’t have a dining reservation? Asking because last August I was staying at SSR and wanted to take the skyline from Rivera and the security guard would not let us through the gate

They allow Minnie Vans into resorts even if the passenger isn’t staying at the resort and/or they don’t have a dining reservation? Asking because last August I was staying at SSR and wanted to take the skyline from Rivera and the security guard would not let us through the gate
Yes, they do. Again, they enter where the buses do; they don't have to stop where the guard is.

I have never heard of a guard not letting a Minnie van through. That is very odd. They have access to pretty much everywhere a guest can go.

They don’t want people parking at the hotels in order to bypass paying for parking at the parks. You could have park at HS for free as onsite guest and then access the Skyliner there.
They also don’t want non-resort guests taking up valuable parking space at the resorts for a full day.

Top Disney Tip: Never EVER listen to a Disney chat agent. Don’t even listen to a Disney agent on the phone unless it is with regards to the dates and costs of your booking. They give out SOOO much bad info it’s actually impressive.

Before you go to all this hassle ask yourself if it’s really worth it. For instance, Remy is running wait times similar to Frozen these days- so if you also intend to do Frozen what is the point of rope dropping Remy? I find myself saying this over and over to folks because it was a like a lightbulb went off in my head when I stepped back from trip planning one day and thought about it and looked at current wait time data for the rides from thrill data and realized if I wasn’t staying IG already, Frozen or TT make a fine rope drop.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter