Portofino through Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts program

ars13

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever booked Portofino through the Amex Fine Hotel and Resorts program? Do you still get the normal perks from the program? (early checkin, 4PM check out, breakfast and F&B credit?)

Also, as a general question for anyone, we are planning on getting to the resort the day we are going into the park. With the express pass, is it necessary to utilize the 8AM-9AM early entry? I know with Disney it is a huge advantage to rope drop, but I'm thinking its not too necessary since we get these passes. This is our first time with them so not sure of what to expect.

Thanks

When we stayed in October our welcome letter said:

As a benefit of your Card Membership, you’ll receive this suite of complimentary benefits with your Fine Hotels + Resorts stay to help make your trip more memorable:
• 12pm check-in, when available
• Room upgrade upon arrival, when available
• Daily breakfast for two: Located at Trattoria Del Porto
• Complimentary Wi-Fi Please accept the terms and conditions to connect to the complementary WIFI
• Guaranteed 4:00pm late check-out
• Experience credit: US$ 100 Food and beverage credit to be used during your stay. Please note the $100 F&B credit is not applicable at our third party vendor, BiCE

Has anyone ever booked Portofino through the Amex Fine Hotel and Resorts program? Do you still get the normal perks from the program? (early checkin, 4PM check out, breakfast and F&B credit?)

Also, as a general question for anyone, we are planning on getting to the resort the day we are going into the park. With the express pass, is it necessary to utilize the 8AM-9AM early entry? I know with Disney it is a huge advantage to rope drop, but I'm thinking its not too necessary since we get these passes. This is our first time with them so not sure of what to expect.

Thanks
We used it once and it was the same as iona's post. That said, if you can get an APH rate, it is generally a better deal than FHR (which is full price).

We use the EE to ride Hagrid's or VC at IOA, as they don't take EPs and tend to have long lines. I try to get to the line 30 minutes before rope drop to be near the front of the line; they usually open 15 minutes before posted time.

Another nice part about EE is the reduced crowds in the HP zones. But I also like to visit at the end of the day for the same reason...

Yes, I did it last year. The breakfast was great. We used the 100-dollar credit at one of the hotel restaurants. We did get a room upgrade. I never do universal early entry. I don't see the point when you have express passes.

Just wondering has anyone had issues using the "Guaranteed 4:00pm late check-out"

We used it once and it was the same as iona's post. That said, if you can get an APH rate, it is generally a better deal than FHR (which is full price).

We use the EE to ride Hagrid's or VC at IOA, as they don't take EPs and tend to have long lines. I try to get to the line 30 minutes before rope drop to be near the front of the line; they usually open 15 minutes before posted time.

Another nice part about EE is the reduced crowds in the HP zones. But I also like to visit at the end of the day for the same reason...
True - unless you have the $200 annual card credit to use on top of this and if you only do it for one night to take advantage of the $100 room credit, free breakfast and the late check out.

I have wondered if the 4:00 p.m. AP benefit to access the express create a noticeable slowdown for those that purchased the express pass ? Do you have to be aware and is it better to get your moneys worth before 4 , for example?

Just wondering has anyone had issues using the "Guaranteed 4:00pm late check-out"
I’m hoping so! We are going into the parks on our check in day and are planning on a pool day our checkout day. So having a 4pm check out would be great, we could all shower before leaving.

The $200 credit, $100 food credit and breakfast plus the EP makes the price more realistic.

I have wondered if the 4:00 p.m. AP benefit to access the express create a noticeable slowdown for those that purchased the express pass ? Do you have to be aware and is it better to get your moneys worth before 4 , for example?
All APs get a 4pm check out? That’s amazing

Premiere AP gets one time EP after 4.

The 4 p.m. late check out has nothing to do with an AP. It's a benefit of the reserve room at Portofino with Amex deal specified in earlier posts above.

I think the confusion came from mixing the 4pm late check-out benefits at PBR that comes with the Amex FHR program and the Premier Annual Pass which comes with a single-use EP after 4pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter