positive comments!

princessap

DIS Veteran
I love the disboards and feel they help A LOT when planning trips....however lately i have noticed a trend with some posters, negativity and rude comments. Some people on here are new to
disney and not well researched and should be welcomed not made to feel dumb.....again it is hard to interpret over the internet too.

I love the disboards and feel they help A LOT when planning trips....however lately i have noticed a trend with some posters, negativity and rude comments. Some people on here are new to
disney and not well researched and should be welcomed not made to feel dumb.....again it is hard to interpret over the internet too.

I've been around for 10 years.. sadly it's always been that way...

:thumbsup2

You have to realize that over the past 2 weeks or so there has been an uptick in the number of trolls on the boards.

So everyone is on high troll alert.

In almost all cases the negative and rude comments were justified.

Well really what should be done is to just ignore the trolls.

40621d1240844760-many-hiring-managers-will-not-interview-do_not_feed_trolls-1-.jpg

Unfortunately the anonymity of the internet lets people feel comfortable belittling or mocking others. For all the good it brings, there's always going to be the bad :-/

You have to realize that over the past 2 weeks or so there has been an uptick in the number of trolls on the boards.

So everyone is on high troll alert.

In almost all cases the negative and rude comments were justified.

Well really what should be done is to just ignore the trolls.

40621d1240844760-many-hiring-managers-will-not-interview-do_not_feed_trolls-1-.jpg

thanks.
love the pic! lol

dont kill me...but ive been on the boards for years and never heard the term troll...what is that???

dont kill me...but ive been on the boards for years and never heard the term troll...what is that???

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Internet troll

Definition 3 describes it the best

3. Internet Troll
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.​

Unfortunately, it's not new. I think a lot of posters are helpful with any issues except the posts of ....I know the rules are x but how do I get around the rules?? Just my two cents.

I don't think there's any more or less rudeness or negativity here than there is in the world in general. In fact ... I think there's a lot less.

It may be because the DIS is about Disney that folks expect there to be all pixie dust and no controversy. But really -- it's a bunch of strangers chatting over an internet bulletin board. There should be no more of an expectation of "all happiness all the time" than you'd get anywhere you gathered a bunch of strangers together and had them chat. :confused3

If you find someone whose POV you dislike, you can ignore them. If you find a negative thread, you can skip it. On the flip side of that, though, I've seen lots of posts where someone disagrees and is totally polite and civil about it, but they still get responses about how "mean" or "angry" they are and how they're being negative. People are going to disagree. Doesn't mean they're being negative.

:earsboy:

I've personally noticed a huge spike in general of Trolls not only on this board, but others as well. And WDSearcher I agree with your opinions on this matter. I tend to respect others opinions whether I agree with them or not.

Well, it's a forum on the internets so there will always be trolls and jerks. I think compared to some of the LiveJournal groups I belong to, this place is generally much nicer. The only thing I don't like is that many people have the same icons, so it can be hard to identify someone just by looking at that (like you would on many other forums). It's hard to keep track of the jerks that way!

That's the "NEW" way of things anymore. I was told by a 12-14 yo kid on YouTube, well, i can go any farther. Way to many #$%^ and @&%@ and &^%$ and we must also use #$%&. :scared1:

Everyone please have a wonderful Disney Day!!:love:

Actually trolls have been around for around 20 years or so going back to the Usenet days.

Want to see how, what you might consider and "innocent" question :confused3 can stir the pot and get you some really nasty and accusatory remarks, just ask,:confused: "where do I send a complaint about a cast member" don't post what, where or when the complaint is about and see what you get!:rotfl: Just lucky the O.P. didn't name this thread "negative comments"! lol

Just like the other 99% of the Disers on this board, my family and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney, especially WDW. I don't like to hear the negative talk either, but I know it's just like at work...there's always that ONE who has to whine and complain regardless of how wonderful things are going. (The "glass is half empty" person). The CM's that work at Disney are PEOPLE too who may sometimes make a mistake at work, just like ALL of us do.

I know that my family and I have the time of our lives when we visit WDW and appreciate all that the CM's do to keep us coming back year after year. And we TELL THEM SO !! I don't like it when someone has been there for a week and everything was great for 99% of the time, but all they tell you about was one thing that may have gone wrong.

So, I try to keep my posts positive. And if you are a CM reading this THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of the magic you have added to our Disney days and the awesome memories we have BECAUSE OF YOU! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter