Positive thoughts please-ups and downs p.42

No updated yet, I just thought I’d share a story. Does it ever happen to you that you think about something or hear something and it just makes your heart hurt in a good way? Like it’s the embodiment of being hit in the feels? This story did that to me..

My sister and her kids came over the other night for dinner and movies. It was a great distraction. While she was here we got talking about Christmas and I mentioned to her that depending on things go with Richard, I might not be at Christmas dinner at her house.

She mentioned that she had been talking to my mom and my mom told her that if Richard is able to, we’ll get a day pass for him and she’ll just have Christmas dinner with her and my dad, just so it’s not too overwhelming for him. It’s so simple but the fact that she’s thinking like that just makes me feel really loved and supported. I know I am very lucky to be close with all my family. If I asked anyone for a kidney, they’d be in line the same day. I’d do it for them, too. In fact, (sorry for the ramble) when my uncle was still alive and going through liver failure due to hepatitis one thing thrown around was for a liver transplant. I would have been a perfect match, but my neurologist didn’t want me to do it due to my ms.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that story and talk to someone for a minute or two lol
:grouphug: Everybody's family annoys them in one way or another sometimes, but yeah, it's an incredible blessing (and so, so much less complicated) to have a warm and close family relationship. I'm glad reflecting on yours lightened your heart a little today.

No updated yet, I just thought I’d share a story. Does it ever happen to you that you think about something or hear something and it just makes your heart hurt in a good way? Like it’s the embodiment of being hit in the feels? This story did that to me..

My sister and her kids came over the other night for dinner and movies. It was a great distraction. While she was here we got talking about Christmas and I mentioned to her that depending on things go with Richard, I might not be at Christmas dinner at her house.

She mentioned that she had been talking to my mom and my mom told her that if Richard is able to, we’ll get a day pass for him and she’ll just have Christmas dinner with her and my dad, just so it’s not too overwhelming for him. It’s so simple but the fact that she’s thinking like that just makes me feel really loved and supported. I know I am very lucky to be close with all my family. If I asked anyone for a kidney, they’d be in line the same day. I’d do it for them, too. In fact, (sorry for the ramble) when my uncle was still alive and going through liver failure due to hepatitis one thing thrown around was for a liver transplant. I would have been a perfect match, but my neurologist didn’t want me to do it due to my ms.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that story and talk to someone for a minute or two lol

Your family sounds awesome! I'm glad you have such a good support system as you and Richard get through this.

Happy to hear surgery went well and hope he's feeling more comfortable and that you're feeling the positive momentum as well.

I've been out of town but following along. So glad the surgery went well. Prayers for his continued progress!

I just talked to his nurse for an update..

He is getting another albumen transfer this afternoon and then when there’s a bed available, he will be transferred back to the original hospital. The albumen is to try and help with the swelling.

I’m going up to see him tonight with my dad. I hope today is a good visit day. I need to recharge with him for a while.

Hang in there Kimblebee. He is getting great care. Have a wonderful visit today with him, and keep reminding yourself that if he is grumbling its GOOD! LOL! he will be home before you know it. Can you call the dr. to see if you can bring him some food? I know he was hungry and not too thrilled with the food. Maybe a nice meal will do him good?

Right about now, Richard is being transferred back to his original hospital. I’m glad, if only because the staff there is so much nicer than the staff where he had his surgery. I was going to go see him tonight but the travel will tire him out so we’ll aim for tomorrow.

I’m hoping that Thursday night I’ll be able to spend the night with him. I haven’t seen him in four days and I miss him a lot.

This is a big week for me personally because it marks 20 years since my MS diagnosis. My ex husband was very cruel and didn’t want anything to do with my illness and did nothing to help when I suffered relapses, which was pretty much constant in my first two years after I was diagnosed. Richard would always bend over backwards to help me in any way I needed.

I’d give anything to hear a dad joke or a weird origin story related to Star Wars right now (he’s famous for both).

Right about now, Richard is being transferred back to his original hospital. I’m glad, if only because the staff there is so much nicer than the staff where he had his surgery. I was going to go see him tonight but the travel will tire him out so we’ll aim for tomorrow.

I’m hoping that Thursday night I’ll be able to spend the night with him. I haven’t seen him in four days and I miss him a lot.

This is a big week for me personally because it marks 20 years since my MS diagnosis. My ex husband was very cruel and didn’t want anything to do with my illness and did nothing to help when I suffered relapses, which was pretty much constant in my first two years after I was diagnosed. Richard would always bend over backwards to help me in any way I needed.

I’d give anything to hear a dad joke or a weird origin story related to Star Wars right now (he’s famous for both).
I'll try to come up with a corny dad joke just for you. :)

So nice to see progress being made and you thinking about jokes to tell him. Unbelievably I cannot think of a single joke to share. Pretty amazing considering my husband's deep love affair with silly jokes. Please no one tell him.
I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.

What is Yoda's favorite dinosaur?

Doceratops....

There is no Tri. :scratchin :duck:

And, Han Solo's least favorite coffee shop...

Java the Hut :rolleyes1

A good report today, Kim.

Dan, in all the years on the DIS I've never known you to share a joke!!! Very good, sir!! :thumbsup2

Kim, if many of us are sharing jokes, all must be getting better especially for Richard. May he have the joy of at least a chuckle. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter