Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Curious about the next release I went to check...

As of right now "On August 01, 2024, our schedule will open for sale through April 07, 2025. (Date is subject to change)."

So it's going to be quite a bit of time until we get dates running through Spring Break and a bit beyond into early April.

Holy eff! A nonstop WGA from RDU to MCO is $329!!!!!! That is completely ridiculous for a one way fare. Delta is $391 for round trip and I get to pick my seats. I'm not buying either airline right now because prices are way to expensive.

As far as changing flight situations when someone other than you has gifted you their miles as a ticket.

I just went through this last month. My friend insisted on using her SW miles(she has a massive amount) to purchase a ticket for me because I was helping her with something. It was the lowest category on SW. I wanted to change the time on one flight to earlier but was worried that she would have points pulled.

I did change my category to a much higher one on both ends because I had recent surgery and I was concerned about seating. I made the changes online at SW and they charged my credit card with no issues. I do not know what would have happened if I had changed the flight times to a more expensive time. I wonder though since SW takes "cash" for upgrades, if you could investigate and see if they take your cash/charge for flight changes.

Not much interest in today's release, is there?
We are not traveling next February but I was curious to see the prices. We fly PVD-MCO and was actually surprised at the reasonable fares at the 7:10 am release. They were slightly less than our December flights. RT for our preferred time was $323- which isn't bad for February vacation week. Of course by 7:30 am price all WGA fares were gone.

We normally fly southwest from Ohio in June- want to try to fly to Florida over Xmas time. Do you think the flights will go down any in from when they are now?

And doubt prices are going to get better after today’s news.

Southwest Airlines announced it will stop serving four airports after reporting increased losses in the first quarter and more delays in the delivery of promised jets from Boeing.

The four airports are Bellingham International Airport in Washington state, Cozumel International Airport in Mexico, Syracuse Hancock International Airport in New York and Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport.

In its quarterly financial report on Thursday,Southwest announced it lost $218 million in the first quarter. That was up from the $163 million it lost a year ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter