Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

We have flights next week to MCO, and for the past 3 weeks or so, the round trip for WGA is $750!! That is astronomical! I thought $300 was too much!

I'd really like to squeeze in a flight to Florida in August, but not at these prices. I'll pass and I am actively looking for alternative options.

We’re heading to Aulani as I write this (from Chicago through Phoenix) and got these tickets for $375rt. I don’t think we’ll see prices like these again for a while.

We’re heading to Aulani as I write this (from Chicago through Phoenix) and got these tickets for $375rt. I don’t think we’ll see prices like these again for a while.
The fall Southwest sale was spectacular. I suppose a similar sale is possible for next summer. I'm definitely waiting to see before I buy.

Have fun at Aulani!!

CP question. I need to change our outbound trip in dec. so I need to cancel the CPs flights then modify then re-add him. What if the flight back home doesn’t show any availability now? If I cancel will I still be able to add him back? Or is this something I’m better off doing on the phone?

This is probably a silly question, but I want to be sure before I book my flights.
Is there any disadvantage to flying SW one way and Jet Blue another way?
We have a late August trip and are trying to 'guess' the SW times to get to MCO. At the moment, it looks as if the Jet Blue (which we can see right now) return time / price is going to be better than SW, but I think we will prefer the SW flight going to MCO once it is posted.
We've only ever flown SW round trips from BUF to MCO, so I am just a bit nervous doing it a different way.
TIA

This is probably a silly question, but I want to be sure before I book my flights.
We have a late August trip and are trying to 'guess' the SW times to get to MCO. At the moment, it looks as if the Jet Blue (which we can see right now) return time / price is going to be better than SW, but I think we will prefer the SW flight going to MCO once it is posted.
We've only ever flown SW round trips from BUF to MCO, so I am just a bit nervous doing it a different way.
TIA
We fly Southwest a fair amount, and I always book my roundtrip tickets as 2 one way tickets, so there’s no issue there as far as I’m aware.

The only potential issue I could see would be regarding number of bags and carryon size. Just make sure you are prepared to comply with Jet Blue’s luggage policies (I don’t know them, maybe they are the same) since Southwest is likely more lenient.

TIA

We have done this and will do it again in December...flying down on SW, home on JB. No problems at all but just be aware that they are in two different Terminals at MCO so when you arrange transportation make sure you notate that. Frankly, Terminal C, which is the one JB goes in and out of, is MUCH nicer and way less crowded so we actually prefer to book flights home with them.

The only other thing to remember is to pack light since you have to pay for checked luggage on JB.

We have done this and will do it again in December...flying down on SW, home on JB. No problems at all but just be aware that they are in two different Terminals at MCO so when you arrange transportation make sure you notate that. Frankly, Terminal C, which is the one JB goes in and out of, is MUCH nicer and way less crowded so we actually prefer to book flights home with them.

The only other thing to remember is to pack light since you have to pay for checked luggage on JB.
Sadly, JB no longer offers nonstop between BWI and MCO. I'm hoping once their acquisition of Spirit goes through, that will again be an option. I think the competition will do Southwest some good.

Sadly, JB no longer offers nonstop between BWI and MCO. I'm hoping once their acquisition of Spirit goes through, that will again be an option. I think the competition will do Southwest some good.

That stinks.

Yeah, I don't know what happened to SW but they are barely competitive from BDL now either. Their flight times are terrible and limited, and the prices are crazy.

The fall Southwest sale was spectacular. I suppose a similar sale is possible for next summer. I'm definitely waiting to see before I buy.

Have fun at Aulani!!
I had a small drop of $20 for my plans with them on dates that covered. Something better than nothing
I’m of the mind I hope JB doesn’t gobble up Spirit. That should be working it’s way thru the courts at this point?

spirit offers no more than two direct. NS from PIT to MCO, another from LBE That has a undesirable late flight time.

concern is JB will eliminate LBE entirely and likely raise the prices. Often, we are able to grab $27 NS one way fares if we wait it out. Of course the luggage is a beast even as member of their rewards program.

allegient is the one I wish would offer more than a few runs a week and not fly into SFB where deals on rental cars are tuff to find.

I’ll call the above a pie-in-the-sky wish list lol

For our spring trip (not Easter) we are planning on driving for the simple reason SW from BWI RT is 720.00 each and a car rental for 10 days in 978.00. BWI rates for April/May are absurd. For 2, air and car are well over 2,300.00.

For our spring trip (not Easter) we are planning on driving for the simple reason SW from BWI RT is 720.00 each and a car rental for 10 days in 978.00. BWI rates for April/May are absurd. For 2, air and car are well over 2,300.00.
We're flying to Miami around Easter and I'm shocked at the price. It's for a milestone anniversary and our schedule is tight, but it was difficult paying those kinds of prices.

TIA
Check your cancellation policies with JB. If say SW melts down, you won't be eligible for a refund from JB. I believe some of the CC protections and travel insurance policies require roundtrip also.

We have flights for Nov 27, BUF to MCO first flight of the day. We’d like to change it to the same flight but leaving the day before. Less than two weeks ago it was hovering around 179$, the last few days it’s been anywhere from 229 up to 330. Today it’s at 234$, anyone have experience on prices dropping again closer to departure? I know I could book it and reprice it if it does but we’d be paying in CAD and right now our dollar sucks so I’d rather only pay what I need to at this time.

Brain is not functioning well right. How do I rebook at a lower rate but not lose my place in line for EBCI?

Edit: figure out how to "change" the filght and got back $35pp. Let's hope it doesn't change our place for EBCI.

Last edited:
Brain is not functioning well right. How do I rebook at a lower rate but not lose my place in line for EBCI?

Edit: figure out how to "change" the filght and got back $35pp. Let's hope it doesn't change our place for EBCI.
I think if you 'change' the flight, it's technically a cancel and rebooking (SW just does all that behind the scenes). So you do lose your EBCI spot.

I could be wrong on the technicalities of that, but thinking back anecdotally there were times when I booked a flight early on, then 'changed' it closer to the date to get a credit, and got a really crappy EBCI number. No way to know for sure if I lost my spot, of course, but I fly enough to recognize patterns of getting worse boarding positions when I try to change my flight to get a credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter