• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Southwest is at it again. I just received an email notification that they changed a trip originally booked as a four hour trip to a trip with a duration of almost 12 hours. When I went online to revise their change, I did not even see their routing listed as an option, though there were nonstops and other options available with no more than a four hour duration.

The other problem that keeps popping up is when Southwest makes changes in reservations with connecting flights, only booking one flight, and forgetting the other flight to the final destination. Someone posted @SouthwestAir on Twitter asking if he/she is supposed to walk to their final destination, from the connection point.

I understood that their system was generating the revised itineraries, but I thought the revisions were being checked for errors.
That happened to me on Sunday. Got an email my flight had changed. I logged in and saw that my Maine to Orlando flight was now ending in Baltimore. :headache: After an hour and 45 minutes on hold I was able to have someone fix it. So glad I logged in!

Get up to 75% bonus RR points when purchasing points, during this limited time offer.

View attachment 569413View attachment 569414

Purchasing points usually is not a good value; however, if you have to top off an account or really want to book with points but need more, the 75% bonus offer is better than usual. With the 6% devaluation of points last week, this might help lessen the impact a bit.
When you purchase points, does it count as a Southwest purchase? I just recently got a Southwest visa and if I purchase points with it, does it count toward the minimum purchase requirement to get the bonus points?

Got an email this morning saying our August flight (PVD-MCO) has changed. Not too bad, 4 hours later but still direct.

I'm curious how you all are handling updating the car rental times when your flights change, especially when SWA makes flight changes closer to the date? We're paying $900 for an 11 day rental for a full size, which is crazy already. But I'm nervous more flight changes will come and revising the car reservation will end up costing even more. Any tips/advice?

Got an email this morning saying our August flight (PVD-MCO) has changed. Not too bad, 4 hours later but still direct.

I'm curious how you all are handling updating the car rental times when your flights change, especially when SWA makes flight changes closer to the date? We're paying $900 for an 11 day rental for a full size, which is crazy already. But I'm nervous more flight changes will come and revising the car reservation will end up costing even more. Any tips/advice?

Add your arrival info the reservation. It won't matter that you're a couple hours late – rather, it SHOULDN'T matter.

I have flight change banners for my September Labor Day weekend flights. I really hope they don’t change by much because I have maximized my short period of time with early morning and late night flights. Ugh

I have flight change banners for my September Labor Day weekend flights. I really hope they don’t change by much because I have maximized my short period of time with early morning and late night flights. Ugh
Sending pixiedust: your way.
My first call to SW today at 11 am, was a 65 minute wait but the option for a call back was available. Never DID GET THE CALL BACK so it wasn't working like it has in the past. For my second call (on cell just in case they did call :rolleyes1) around 12:30 with no option for call back so had to wait 2 hours to get my flight changed. NUTS! I just don't want to do stops - never did. To boot, when I changed the first leg of my trip last week, they charged me 84 extra points even though it was the same price. Today the rep said that was wrong but I would have to call Corporate. Next time I would change on APP within 3 days or just keep trying different options to avoid this insane waiting time.
My solution was to add a night and fly non-stop the next day. Instead of Night at the Museum, we'll do Night at MCO...kinda of exciting. Hyatt MCO looks pretty nice - never did that.

I’ve tried several times without success. please pm me if you can spare a code. Thanks

I’ve tried several times without success. please pm me if you can spare a code. Thanks

Oh my goodness. Southwest flights just went from $125 to $444 for the end of August for ORF to MCO and back. I have 3 of the 4 I needed. My husband has decided to come now and whoa this is insane. We have another group traveling with us that hasn't bought any tickets so I guess they'll be driving now. Does anyone know what happened?

So at 5:30 I checked my September flight and saw the red banner. My flight was unchanged and the schedule appeared the same. At 7:08 I get an email my September flight has changed. My flight out is now gone from the schedule but they booked us on a new nonstop flight leaving an hour earlier - at 5:35 am. That’s great as our trip will now be slightly longer. Somehow we gotta stay awake for horror nights after this early flight and we live an hour from the airport. Can’t go a day earlier cause the kid is in band and has to March at the football game the night before. I really hope it is a home game. Now let’s see how my 3 day later flight is. So far unchanged but I am not holding my breath

For anyone who has been trying to call Southwest regarding a change, I suggest contacting them on Twitter (@SouthwestAir). I have been receiving assistance within 5 minutes of tweeting them, lately. It helps to contact them off-hours.

Schedule Changes: If you have been affected by an involuntary change to your booked itinerary and wish to rebook, there is a self-service option for Customers who received an email notification of the change. If you are within three days of receiving the email notification, simply follow this link: http://swa.is/ChangeFlight and retrieve your reservation to make changes. If you need to speak to a Representative about your schedule change, please contact us at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA. Additional contact options and information on the schedule changes can be found here: https://swa.is/3tfceqi If you are unable to make a change to your reservation online, or need assistance with something else, please provide us with your confirmation number, desired dates of travel along with cities, and Rapid Rewards number. COVID-19 Travel Information: The latest updates on COVID-19 Travel Information can be found here: http://swa.is/COVID19Updates Thank you—Southwest Airlines

I got the red banner today for our flights in late August. Our return flight was changed to leave about an hour earlier but is still non stop so not a big deal. Our flight to Orlando is changing and I’m not sure if I was to take the 5:50am flight that arrives at MCO at 10:40am or the 10:25am flight that arrives at 3:15. The original flight departed at 9:45am and arrived at 2:30pm but 3:15 just seems so much later but not sure I want to get up at 3:30 for the 5:50am flight. Decisions, Decisions

they currently have 4 flights departing Boston at 5:50am and all going to Orlando with different layovers which seems a little excessive. LOL

My return flight doesn't work now because it's too early and we are hoping to be returning from a Disney cruise that morning. That is the only nonstop flight of the day. Ugh! Fun times!

For those of you that got the red banner, can you change your flight to a different day, or does it need to be the same day?

ETA - I'm thinking of booking an early morning flight that's super cheap, but I want to switch it to a mid-day flight a day earlier that is pretty expensive at the moment. Am I crazy to book a flight thinking that I'll get the red banner to switch it?

Last edited:
For those of you that got the red banner, can you change your flight to a different day, or does it need to be the same day?
I guess I had the red banner last week but never checked the SW App because I got the email for both segments of the trip within a day of each other. Today I changed my return from June 11 to the Nonstop on June 12th ~ no issue.

ETA - I'm thinking of booking an early morning flight that's super cheap, but I want to switch it to a mid-day flight a day earlier that is pretty expensive at the moment. Am I crazy to book a flight thinking that I'll get the red banner to switch it?
The banner means that you are allowed to change your flight and/or travel date, as long as it's within a 30 day window, either way, of your original travel date. As long as the new flight you select shows "Available," you are allowed to make the change, at no change in fare. Once the banner appears, you have three days to make the change. Sometimes Southwest sends out emails regarding changes in the schedule which may/may not affect your reservations. Even if your flights have not been affected, you are allowed to make the change, as long as the banner shows; once the banner is gone, the option to change at no additional cost is gone.

Got our flight change today for mid-late august. Departing almost an hour later and leaving for home like 3 hours later. They’re the only non stops that day so I’ll just deal lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter