Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Seems like a lot of us flying out of MHT to MCO have had our nice direct flight changed to a layover somewhere! I've had to do a lot of juggling to get new direct flights out of MHT for my quick solo trip to Disney for July 3 - 7th! New Flights now have me leaving MHT at 5:35am.....I'm 1.5 hrs away so guess I'm leaving my house now at 2:45am. My return day I had a nice late afternoon departure so I could go to the parks in the morning....now my flight takes off at 9:30am. A bit bummed to loose that morning at the parks. Hopefully they won't change my flights again!

This was us too! Good bye direct flights to and from MHT. L I ended up booking the direct flight for the night before and a night at the MCO Hyatt to get a head start on the trip rather than deal with the layover trip starting at 5:45am. The flights home start at 6:15am. Yikes.

It is bad enough to have both flights changed for a planned trip, but to have them change more than that is frustrating 😞
I look at it as just part of life right now. I have no idea what things will be like in August so I can’t ask SW to know either. There is a good chance I’ll have to cancel our flights and many others are doing the same. I will take the changes in flights if it means SW can continue offering the comparative prices they do.
My flights were changed too. We can expect more changes??? How often do we need to look?
Last summer each of our flights were changed 4 times between booking in March and cancelling in August. I’m prepared for the same thing to happen this year and if it doesn’t -bonus!!

Got e mail that our inbound flight got changed from a direct to a stop over. Thought that flight got canceled. But noticed the week before and after the flight is running (same flight#) in the same day(monday). Did they over book and we got bumped

Got e mail that our inbound flight got changed from a direct to a stop over. Thought that flight got canceled. But noticed the week before and after the flight is running (same flight#) in the same day(monday). Did they over book and we got bumped
Did you try searching as if you were making a new reservation for the same date to see what flights are listed? If your original flight shows up, but is marked as “Unavailable,” it could be oversold (though Southwest was supposedly not overbooking/overselling flights for a while). If it shows up, but there aren’t any seats available, it could be that the aircraft was changed to a smaller plane.

If you don’t like the new flight arrangements, you can contact Southwest to see what they can do for you.

BTW, schedules may vary on holidays vs. other dates.

What month is SWA making changes for now??? I’m just wondering whether to book for Sept now in case gas issues between lack of qualified/certified gas tanker drivers and the cyber attack on Friday affect airlines

What month is SWA making changes for now??? I’m just wondering whether to book for Sept now in case gas issues between lack of qualified/certified gas tanker drivers and the cyber attack on Friday affect airlines
They are changing things frequently. We have already had our late August and early Sep flights changed once and anticipate it could happen again for sure!

Can someone pls post what the "red banner" looks like on your account? I'm not sure I have seen one before/understand what I'm looking for...

:rolleyes1 :headache: :crazy2:

Thanks!

There have not been any changes since last week. As the change banners pop up unexpectedly, you can keep an eye open on this thread for updates.

Can someone pls post what the "red banner" looks like on your account? I'm not sure I have seen one before/understand what I'm looking for...

:rolleyes1 :headache: :crazy2:
Thanks!

When you go into one of your confirmed reservations, either on the app or mobile site, select to change your reservation. A red banner will appear, if you are allowed to make a change at no difference in fare, or if your flight was changed. Going thru the same process on the website, there will be a gray banner. Both banners appear across the top; you can’t miss it.

Last edited:
When you go into one of your confirmed reservations, either on the app or mobile site, select to change your reservation. A red banner will appear, if you are allowed to make a change at no difference in fare, or if your flight was changed. Going thru the same process on the website, there will be a gray banner. Both banners appear across the top; you can’t miss it.
Yeah, that's my issue - my only flights have my DH's Companion Pass attached to it and to change my flights I have to cancel his flight first and that's a lot..just to see a red banner...

I was just hoping someone had a picture of what theirs looks like...

Thanks!

Yeah, that's my issue - my only flights have my DH's Companion Pass attached to it and to change my flights I have to cancel his flight first and that's a lot..just to see a red banner...

Thanks!

I don’t think the change banner will even show, unless you go in to change the flight. Sorry...don't have an image. The app/mobile site banner will be red, across the top of your screen, while the website banner will be gray. You absolutely can't miss it. If your flight was actually changed, you should receive an email. If it wasn't changed, but you want to be able to take advantage of the change option, at no additional cost, just stay tuned here for updates.

At this point, none of us even knows if the banner will continue to pop up.

I don’t think the change banner will even show, unless you go in to change the flight. Sorry...don't have an image. The app/mobile site banner will be red, across the top of your screen, while the website banner will be gray. You absolutely can't miss it. If your flight was actually changed, you should receive an email. If it wasn't changed, but you want to be able to take advantage of the change option, at no additional cost, just stay tuned here for updates.

At this point, none of us even knows if the banner will continue to pop up.
OK THANKS!

I don’t have to do anything on the app to see the banner other than tap on an upcoming flight in the app. If it is there - it is a red stripe across the top that says something about you can now change your flight. I would show a screen shot except I don’t have it now

How hard is it to change flights with a red banner that includes a companion pass? Looking to book a trip for September but I have never tried to change a flight with a companion pass involved

Thanks!

You do not need to attempt to change the flight to see the red banner. Simply click the reservation in the app. If it's eligible to change at no charge there is a red banner at the top. I have a companion pass associated with mine and have attached a pic of what the banner looks like. If I want to change I would need to then cancel the companion pass first (as you stated), but at least can tell if it's eligible before canceling. I think if you call then you can modify the flight without canceling the companion first, but I've never done that.
Southwest.jpg

How hard is it to change flights with a red banner that includes a companion pass? Looking to book a trip for September but I have never tried to change a flight with a companion pass involved
I cancel the companion, change the flight, then rebook the companion. Just be sure to have the original companion confirmation recorded so you can reuse the travel funds when rebooking. I've read if you call they can make the change for you without having to cancel the companion first, but since it's so easy to cancel and rebook online I've never called to do that.

I cancel the companion, change the flight, then rebook the companion. Just be sure to have the original companion confirmation recorded so you can reuse the travel funds when rebooking. I've read if you call they can make the change for you without having to cancel the companion first, but since it's so easy to cancel and rebook online I've never called to do that.

I'm always so chicken to cancel the CP and then make the changes - I've found that you can message SW on FB messenger and they can make those changes for me there - way easier than calling and waiting!

You do not need to attempt to change the flight to see the red banner. Simply click the reservation in the app. If it's eligible to change at no charge there is a red banner at the top. I have a companion pass associated with mine and have attached a pic of what the banner looks like. If I want to change I would need to then cancel the companion pass first (as you stated), but at least can tell if it's eligible before canceling. I think if you call then you can modify the flight without canceling the companion first, but I've never done that.
THANK YOU!! I've seen that on other flights but I seem to get/see/notice the email from SW who has adjusted my flights before I saw the red banner and I guess I've made changes and not even noticed it!

That was a perfect example - thank you!

Thank you for this!!! I never knew this was possible...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter