Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Oh no :(. This happened to us at PVD in June but no available flights for days! I'm so glad you can get out today.
Yes our flight was supposed to be at 6:15am, got up at 3:00am to be there and then spent an extra six hours in the airport waiting for the next flight out. Lost our resort day but made it there after 14 hours of traveling. still grateful to get another flight but very tired since only had two hours of sleep😜

Has anyone been following the news reports that the SW pilots/union is considering striking or picketing? I have to fly north next week and am wondering how this might impact the schedule. If you do a news search, the information is on several major news outlets. My understanding is that the long hours, lack of food and proper hotel accommodations are just some of the reasons.

My apologies if this topic is being discussed in another thread. My PC is not 100% this evening and I am missing postings.

Threehearts

Has anyone been following the news reports that the SW pilots/union is considering striking or picketing? I have to fly north next week and am wondering how this might impact the schedule. If you do a news search, the information is on several major news outlets. My understanding is that the long hours, lack of food and proper hotel accommodations are just some of the reasons.

My apologies if this topic is being discussed in another thread. My PC is not 100% this evening and I am missing postings.

Threehearts

The pickets are being threatened for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I wouldn’t worry about this for next week.

Southwest Airlines pilots union is considering picketing at U.S. airports over Thanksgiving and Christmas to protest what it described as a frenetic increase in schedules, among other complaints, its president told CNBC on Thursday”

Picketing wouldn't concern me at all, those are off duty employees. There is a long lead time between when a union starts talking about a strike and when one actually starts.

Check in as close to 24 hours before your flight as you can. I use the app, but that is primarily because I'm usually either on my way to work or working when my check in window opens. I'm usually checked in within 1 minutes of T-24 and get an A boarding pass. Those times I've forgotten I've ended up with a C group and paid to upgrade at the gate.

Is it better to check In on the app or the web for better boarding group? Any tips?
I haven't found either one to be an advantage over the other. Just this morning I checked myself and DS in for our flights using both simultaneously. He was not home, so I did my check in on the app and his on the computer. My boarding positions are A54/A55, and his are A52/A54. I did our check in's right at the 24hr mark.

I haven't found either one to be an advantage over the other. Just this morning I checked myself and DS in for our flights using both simultaneously. He was not home, so I did my check in on the app and his on the computer. My boarding positions are A54/A55, and his are A52/A54. I did our check in's right at the 24hr mark.
This is so interesting! Thanks

Just a heads up for anyone tracking the best prices for their flights. I often just go to the “change” button on the app and then look at flights on the same day to see if I get refunded any points. I’ve been looking and seeing “+0” for one of my November flights. However, when I looked at the flight cost separately, it showed my flights as 3,000 points less. Usually if points are less than what I paid, it shows “-X” points, but this showed that it was even when using the “change” feature.
Also, it said that there were 3 left at this cheaper price. I purchased 3, then went back a minute later and it now said 4 left.
Just an FYI for when you’re searching. I don’t know if this is a one off situation, or if it’s typical now.

@MarBee Our early August flights had that issue too and I had to chat with a customer service rep to get a points adjustment. Even on her end, she saw +0 points so I had to point that the price was lower on the book flights page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter