Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

A lot of times you just have to roll with it and usually at least 1/2 kind people will swap seats with a parent and a kid. I would not expect a whole group to swap for an entire large family

Just to let you know, I forgot to check in for my flight for my last Disney trip at the 24 hour mark, realizing it a couple hours later. I was bummed because we were in the mid Cs. But my party of three was still able to sit together. It was toward the back of the plane, but we got a row of three seats.

Anyone else take advantage of the insanely low prices Southwest is offering right now? From LGB to MCO for $68 each way? And we had a $200 LUV certificate from our flight having been canceled on our last trip, so in the end, we are paying about $70 round trip for two people. Seriously can't beat that. We dud have to adjust our dates slightly to make it work, but we were able to do so and ended up using fewer DVC points as a result since it moved some weekend days to week days.

Anyone else take advantage of the insanely low prices Southwest is offering right now? From LGB to MCO for $68 each way? And we had a $200 LUV certificate from our flight having been canceled on our last trip, so in the end, we are paying about $70 round trip for two people. Seriously can't beat that. We dud have to adjust our dates slightly to make it work, but we were able to do so and ended up using fewer DVC points as a result since it moved some weekend days to week days.
We have round-trips planned for October, Novembember, December, February, March, and April (from multiple airports) and I haven't seen any price drops since the September 16th opening. I check daily, and we did save substantial points and money throughout early 2021 by repeatedly checking rates. We are flying during holiday periods and have zero flexibility, though.

We have a trip booked for the first week of January. SWA has been steadily reducing the price of the outgoing flight which was booked on points. The points required have dropped by a total of just over 20% and we have rebooked and gotten a significant return of points. It is the only non-stop flight that day. While I appreciated the points, now I am worried that SWA will decide to drop the flight if the price reduction does not fill enough seats.

We have a trip booked for the first week of January. SWA has been steadily reducing the price of the outgoing flight which was booked on points. The points required have dropped by a total of just over 20% and we have rebooked and gotten a significant return of points. It is the only non-stop flight that day. While I appreciated the points, now I am worried that SWA will decide to drop the flight if the price reduction does not fill enough seats.
I shared this before, but we flew to Colorado in September, and the points dropped significantly. I got a little more half of what it originally cost back. I was nervous the flight would be canceled (and if it wasn't, hopeful it wouldn't be full) and neither happened! Flight left a few minutes late and was totally full. I hope that eases your fears!

We have round-trips planned for October, Novembember, December, February, March, and April (from multiple airports) and I haven't seen any price drops since the September 16th opening. I check daily, and we did save substantial points and money throughout early 2021 by repeatedly checking rates. We are flying during holiday periods and have zero flexibility, though.
Same. I booked my early december flights the day they were released. I check pretty frequently and they have not gotten cheaper.

ugh. So when we end up with a C boarding pass as the last # and there aren't seats together we get to be the jerks asking people to move. I am ridiculously irritated about this lol. The fact that their system forces you to book those things separately, so you have to check in separately. My kids are 7 & 10. too old for family boarding but too young to not sit with a parent.
It's extra money but I purchase EBCI for us so that this doesn't happen. One time I forgot to check us in and we were some of the last on and my child was 5 at the time. Took over 5 mins of asking before anyone offered to move and then the person who we ended up sitting with us glared at me the entire trip. (Honestly can't blame her as it was my error, not hers.) Anyway, since this I've purchased EBCI rather than go through that again.

Southwest just made some adjustments to their January and February flight schedules. You may or may not receive notification of changes to your flights.

Reminder - if your flight was changed, you s/b able to make no-change in fare modifications online, within three days; after that, call in to change. Your no-change in fare modification will be valid for flights within 14 days, either way, of the original travel date. The new flight must have available seats in the same fare category as the original ticket.

Our early morning Feb flight from RDU to MCO was changed from a nonstop to a layover. I wasn't excited about having to be at the airport by 5 am; so I changed it to the next nonstop flight in mid morning. I really hope that one doesn't change as I don't want to lose the day with the evening nonstop.

Our early morning Feb flight from RDU to MCO was changed from a nonstop to a layover. I wasn't excited about having to be at the airport by 5 am; so I changed it to the next nonstop flight in mid morning. I really hope that one doesn't change as I don't want to lose the day with the evening nonstop.
I'm waiting for them to change my early March non-stop from RDU to MCO too....SW has been really good (unfortunately) about dropping the first flight of the day and that's the one we're on...

so far, they haven't mucked with my November flights to MCO but there's still plenty of time for that!

:rotfl2:

Jeez, how is the weather? I checked SW to/from western NY airports, they’re canceled late afternoon & evening too. Jetblue looks like they flew all their flights tho.

I’m stranded at mco- we were told all flight travel in Florida in cancelled but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Regardless- mco is a total mess.
It’s not weather. I’m stuck in Baltimore. All flights to and from FL were cancelled this evening. Jacksonville traffic control (for flight traffic in and out of FL) was extremely short staffed. We were boarded for our flight and the pilot came out to tell us what was going on. All flights for tomorrow are fully sold out to FL with Southwest. The pilot mentioned there were some weather issues in Orlando too, but the main problem was Jacksonville.

My 6 am flight was canceled at 4 am. My friends flight was canceled last night both to Orlando. t I don’t know what is going on with SW but I don’t believe it’s weather. I wish they’d just tell you that they’re short staffed instead of making excuses.
if they would’ve just let us know last night we would’ve gotten in the car and drove down. Now I have to hope my flight won’t be canceled again tomorrow. If so we won’t be able to go.

Fantastic. I’m flying out Tuesday morning. I hope they get their crap together before then. Good luck to everyone here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter