Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Has anyone had SW change their early Feb flights? I've been able to alter our late Jan flights a couple of times and save points but it's the early Feb flights I really want to change as we currently have 2 stopovers and I'd really like to avoid one or both of those if at all possible. Hoping to see a red banner sometime but so far haven't seen that.

Has anyone had SW change their early Feb flights? I've been able to alter our late Jan flights a couple of times and save points but it's the early Feb flights I really want to change as we currently have 2 stopovers and I'd really like to avoid one or both of those if at all possible. Hoping to see a red banner sometime but so far haven't seen that.
Our 2/10 flight got changed about 2 months ago. Our 2/13 flight has not. Neither of those are really early Feb, but Feb nonetheless.

Our 2/12 early nonstop flight was canceled and we were put on another set with a layover. I was able to change to the next nonstop mid morning. So far our 2/19 flight home has not been changed.

Our return trip 2/13 was changed from MCO-ATL-PIT to MCO-STL-PIT about 3 weeks ago. I was able to change that to a nonstop MCO-PIT with no extra charge. No change for our trip to MCO (2/10- PIT-ATL-MCO) yet and am hoping it’ll happen since my family would rather not deal with any layovers.

Since this is SW related but not specifically about transportation, it may be that this isn't the right place (I did post in the Credit Card thread, too) - but since this is sort of all things SW, I thought I'd try here, too. Does anyone know for sure which streaming services count towards the 2p/$1 that SW introduced for their CC earlier this fall? I haven't seen a listing anywhere!
I received double points for DisneyPlus.com. Not sure what others earn the extra points.

Our flight this Sunday home from MCO dropped from 14,252 to 11,936 points. Yay, was just checking to make sure the times hadn't changed, and saved some points. Was not expecting a drop so close to the trip.

Has anyone flown out of phila recently? I've been trying to fine out if Phila has curbside checkin operating and can't find a thing.

I was thrilled when someone in another thread posted that curbside at MCO is operating.

My old school brain realized I could text SW. They DO have curbside checking, but depending on staffing, they may not be open at all times.
The last time (end of September) I was there it was not open unfortunately.

Since this is SW related but not specifically about transportation, it may be that this isn't the right place (I did post in the Credit Card thread, too) - but since this is sort of all things SW, I thought I'd try here, too. Does anyone know for sure which streaming services count towards the 2p/$1 that SW introduced for their CC earlier this fall? I haven't seen a listing anywhere!

It took me forever to find this a few months ago. They really have it buried. Here is a link to the information.

https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/rewards-category-faq
"Merchants in the select streaming services category specialize in delivering music and video content over the internet. Only subscriptions paid for or purchases made with the following select merchants will qualify for this category: Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, Netflix, Sling, Vudu, Fubo TV, Apple Music, SiriusXM, Pandora, Spotify and YouTube TV. The listed merchant(s) should not be considered sponsors or co-sponsors of this program. All trademarks are the property of their respective owner(s)."

It took me forever to find this a few months ago. They really have it buried. Here is a link to the information.

https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/rewards-category-faq
"Merchants in the select streaming services category specialize in delivering music and video content over the internet. Only subscriptions paid for or purchases made with the following select merchants will qualify for this category: Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, Netflix, Sling, Vudu, Fubo TV, Apple Music, SiriusXM, Pandora, Spotify and YouTube TV. The listed merchant(s) should not be considered sponsors or co-sponsors of this program. All trademarks are the property of their respective owner(s)."

Thank you for posting this! It's very helpful!

I have the Southwest Credit Card and will receive the free early bird check in. From reading on line looks like you buy at time of purchase and the southwest credit is not charged. I may end up having to cancel this flight. I am booking with points. Will I lose my free early bird if I cancel and do not rebook.

I have the Southwest Credit Card and will receive the free early bird check in. From reading on line looks like you buy at time of purchase and the southwest credit is not charged. I may end up having to cancel this flight. I am booking with points. Will I lose my free early bird if I cancel and do not rebook.
Early Bird Check-in is not refundable on a flight voluntarily cancelled. EBCI will transfer to a new flight, if you change the flight, however, keeping the same confirmation number. So, the charge will remain on your credit card, if cancelled, and I would think will count toward your annual reimbursed perk. You can always contact Southwest RR dept. to confirm that, however.

Last edited:
Early Bird Check-in is not refundable on a flight voluntarily cancelled. EBCI will transfer to a new flight, if you change the flight, however, keeping the same confirmation number. So, the charge will remain on your credit card, if cancelled, and I would think will count toward your annual reimbursed perk. You can always contact Southwest to confirm that, however.
It would not be a Southwest question but rather a Chase question. I would expect you would lose it, same as you would had you paid cash for it. What happens is that you purchase it on your Chase SW CC, then Chase issues a credit for that amount. If you cancel, Chase isn't going to take the hit since SW isn't going to refund them.

Does anyone have any experience having a business select fair returning out of MCO? Is it worth it to have your own designated check in lane? I see MCO doesn’t have a designated security lane for business select. Would think they would since it’s a major city for them. I found a good price of $139 one way for business select. Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience having a business select fair returning out of MCO? Is it worth it to have your own designated check in lane? I see MCO doesn’t have a designated security lane for business select. Would think they would since it’s a major city for them. I found a good price of $139 one way for business select. Thanks!
For me, the biggest advantage of a BS fare is the boarding position, especially out of MCO, and I suppose the additional RR earnings. If it were more than $40 difference I probably wouldn't.
I don't believe MCO offers any of the airlines elite security lanes. You can book an appointment to go through security at a certain time, or you can get Precheck which cuts about 80% of the wait time to get through security.

I would book it for that price because you get more points than the basic fair and better boarding. That’s a good price for even a basic fare on SWA from my home airport, so I would jump on it. Unfortunately, there are no priority lanes for SWA at MCO besides A-list to check in luggage.

I would book it for that price because you get more points than the basic fair and better boarding. That’s a good price for even a basic fare on SWA from my home airport, so I would jump on it. Unfortunately, there are no priority lanes for SWA at MCO besides A-list to check in luggage.
I haven't had a cup of coffee yet, so sorry if this is a dumb question. So I have Business Select out of MCO, are you telling me there is no special line to check in my luggage and I have to wait in the sometimes miles long line to get it checked?? If so, I am depressed I spent the money on Business Select.

I haven't had a cup of coffee yet, so sorry if this is a dumb question. So I have Business Select out of MCO, are you telling me there is no special line to check in my luggage and I have to wait in the sometimes miles long line to get it checked?? If so, I am depressed I spent the money on Business Select.
When we flew SW out of MCO in mid-November there was just a separate line for A-List folks which lucky for us had only 4 folks in it vs. the regular line which had about 12,000 folks - I will say that the 12,000 folks in line did move pretty quickly, since they have many kiosks to do self check in and it seemed organized but the line was shocking at first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter