Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Does anyone know when you transfer points from Chase Sapphire to Southwest, do they transfer immediately or is there a wait?

Does anyone know when you transfer points from Chase Sapphire to Southwest, do they transfer immediately or is there a wait?
In my experience it wasn't immediate but the transfer completed the same day.

I've been meaning to post this as I haven't seen it here yet. SW last week rolled out a method of saving profiles of those you travel with frequently. It will save their Name, RR#, KTN# and everything else you need to book flights. Under My Profile, all the way on the right hand side is a tab labelled "Frequent Travelers" click on that and then add traveler.
So this only works for adults as I had no problem adding my kids. I've been using my kids RR points for some of our trips and I can't add frequent travelers to their accounts.

SW doesn't grant pre-check. The pax manifest goes through the TSAs database
Grant was probably the wrong word. We'd never been marked before. But that unexpected pre-check did convince us of its benefits! (Best $ ever spent)

My apologies. I must have been misinformed. I will find out next month when I fly. I purchased preTSA check in. I was hoping everyone on my same record locator would automatically get pre TSA as well.

Are you meaning TSA Precheck or Early Bird Check in? Did you purchase something with SW when you booked? That’s EBCI. TSA Precheck is a paid government program, you have to go to the assigned site with your proof of identity & get a background check in order to qualify. It costs $85 for 5 years. Everyone on your reservation doesn’t get it because it is a ”trusted traveler” program, meaning you have passed a background check & been deemed not a security risk. Other passengers with you who haven’t had that background check won’t qualify for Precheck. Years ago airlines sometimes had the ability to assign Precheck to their passengers, no one knows how or why they did it. But now more people are paying for Precheck & that doesn’t seem to happen as much anymore.

Early bird Check In with Southwest means they will check you in at 36 hours. TSA Precheck means you use a special line for the airport security screening. You’re kind of combining them both terms so I’m not sure which you mean.

I've been meaning to post this as I haven't seen it here yet. SW last week rolled out a method of saving profiles of those you travel with frequently. It will save their Name, RR#, KTN# and everything else you need to book flights. Under My Profile, all the way on the right hand side is a tab labelled "Frequent Travelers" click on that and then add traveler.
Thank you for this! I just entered my family, this will make things so much easier when booking.

When Southwest canceled our afternoon nonstop flight home around Easter they moved us to a 7:25am flight (yuck!) but all the flights later that day and the following day were fully booked so we were stuck. This morning many options opened up so I was able to move back to an afternoon flight. (With a stop but I’ll take it!). If you were in the same situation check your flights, maybe something opened for you too??

Last edited:
Well I didn't really expect this as it was sorta looked at changes were mostly done but our May 4th flight was changed again.

Still non-stop and I'm not sure when it changed (had to be either today or the past few days because I've continued to check back frequently enough). Haven't gotten an e-mail on this change not sure if we will or not since it's a minor change.

Instead of leaving our home airport at 5:10am arriving in Orlando at 8:55am it's now leaving at 5:05am arriving in Orlando at 8:45am. The flight number stayed the same, last time the change from the original itinerary of 5:20am did have a new flight number.

I joked with my husband we should just sleep overnight in the airport at this rate (I've done that before years ago being stranded at the airport in TX so this is really just a joke)

I do not know if our May 15th from Orlando back home will change again.

So check your flights like the above poster mentioned maybe they done more adjustments. I noticed a non-stop on May 4th was ADDED back (originally started with 3 went down to 2 mid-February shake up now back up to 3 again).

No more changes yet on my April or May flights but really hoping to have a new non-stop added eventually to my May return flight...at least your post indicates it's possible for that to happen.

Well I didn't really expect this as it was sorta looked at changes were mostly done but our May 4th flight was changed again.

I also woke up to a change notification email for a May 4th flight. But like you the flight number did not change and the times were adjusted by only 5 minutes. So more of a tweak than a change because having to arrive at the airport at 4:00 AM instead of 4:05 AM is pretty insignificant.

Just checked and they added a nonstop back to the day we are flying home. The last two flights out of MCO that Saturday to PVD is both nonstop. Imagine that!
Are you flying home on the 23rd? I just saw they added it as well- though says unavailable. I'm hoping they add an extra flight home on the 22nd. I have been checking multiple times a day since the change last week.
I'm currently flying out on 4/15 on the 6:30 pm flight and keep watching to see if anything opens up on the 10:45 am direct flight. Of course today 3 fares opened up in both business and the anytime fare. I need 4 tickets so it's not letting me switch over (probably need 4 of the same fare categories) So frustrating

Last edited:
Can someone school me quick or point me to where I can find the info on Extra bonus points you earn per spending $10,000 on the premier and priority cards. Where does that show up? I know there’s a limit of how many bonus points you can earn and once I reach it on one card I’d like to start earning on the other card. I didn’t see anything specifically on my dashboard. Thanks

Can someone school me quick or point me to where I can find the info on Extra bonus points you earn per spending $10,000 on the premier and priority cards. Where does that show up? I know there’s a limit of how many bonus points you can earn and once I reach it on one card I’d like to start earning on the other card. I didn’t see anything specifically on my dashboard. Thanks

To be clear, they aren't "extra" bonus points. Of the points you earn, a portion of them also count as tier qualifying. I see the below when I log into SW and click on Rapid Rewards. That 1,500 tier qualifying credited when my first statement closed with over 10k spend.

ETA- you can only earn 15k tier qualifying per card so, if you spent $200,000 on both cards in a year, you would still need 5,000 other qualifying points to hit A list. If you're forcing that kind of spending through the card, I'd assume you're booking all flights on points and you won't have any cash flights that boost your qualifying miles.

Are you flying home on the 23rd? I just saw they added it as well- though says unavailable. I'm hoping they add an extra flight home on the 22nd. I have been checking multiple times a day since the change last week.
I'm currently flying out on 4/15 on the 6:30 pm flight and keep watching to see if anything opens up on the 10:45 am direct flight. Of course today 3 fares opened up in both business and the anytime fare. I need 4 tickets so it's not letting me switch over (probably need 4 of the same fare categories) So frustrating
What dates are you looking at? Really hoping for MCO-PVD non-stop on 5/22.
Yes, we're flying home 4/23. We were originally on the nonstop on the 22nd which was suppose to fly out at 4pm-ish but then they got rid of that flight. The one they put us on was the last nonstop which wasn't suppose to come home until 1am. Just not going to work with a 2 year old so we decided to fly back on Saturday instead. I am super glad I hopped right on changing it because I caught that 4:50pm nonstop when they first changed the schedule and it only cost each one of us 8,060pts per flight! The original flights were 17,726pts each. I caught the morning nonstop out of PVD at that price too. There are four of us flying so it was an amazing deal so it made the changes less annoying lol.

I’m about to buy our return flights. Is it best to fly out of MCO on a Saturday in the morning or afternoon? Just wondering about the jam up at security. We have precheck. Would you need to be there more than 2 hours before the flight?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter