• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I posted about this a few pages ago, and have an update now, but I am looking for advice so I don't have this problem in the future.

Both of our nonstop flights from BWI to DEN were changed to new, nonstop flights. When they were changed, the price went down and so did the amount of points needed to book the flights. Two of us were booked on points and two of us were booked on cash. I tried several times to rebook the same flight to receive a travel credit and points back to our accounts, but I was never offered the option to choose the same flight. I ended up sending SW an email, and today they got back to me telling me that they would be issuing my family four $150 LUV vouchers. While I'm happy with this, I was hoping that the two of us booked on points would get points back into our accounts. Anyway, going forward, if this happens again, should I just cancel the flights and rebook them to receive travel credits and/or points refunded to our accounts? The reason I didn't want to do this is because I had purchased EBCI for both legs of the trip. Am I correct in assuming that if I canceled the flights and rebooked them that I would have to pay again for EBCI and be out the $200 ($100 each way)?

As for the LUV vouchers, are these like travel credits? Do I have 12 months to use them before they expire?

Thank you. :)

So no more masks on planes required as of today....but think I’ll still wear one anyway.
We'll be wearing our masks too. It's been nice not to have a lot of colds.
hmmm..I wonder why someone is *angry* emoji'd the comments that we're still going to choose to wear a mask on a plane??

:confused3

perhaps we're not the cool kids if we choose to wear a mask still?? :smooth:

hmmm..I wonder why someone is *angry* emoji'd the comments that we're still going to choose to wear a mask on a plane??

I don’t know or care what others plan to do but for us bottom line is although masks are no longer required it is still flu season and COVID is still an issue ...we are fully vaccinated and boostered and have plenty of antibodies after having had COVID but my Mom is 89 and we prefer to be as safe as possible there are a significant number of people who have chosen not to be vaccinated or may just have a cold so we will be masking.

I posted about this a few pages ago, and have an update now, but I am looking for advice so I don't have this problem in the future.

Both of our nonstop flights from BWI to DEN were changed to new, nonstop flights. When they were changed, the price went down and so did the amount of points needed to book the flights. Two of us were booked on points and two of us were booked on cash. I tried several times to rebook the same flight to receive a travel credit and points back to our accounts, but I was never offered the option to choose the same flight. I ended up sending SW an email, and today they got back to me telling me that they would be issuing my family four $150 LUV vouchers. While I'm happy with this, I was hoping that the two of us booked on points would get points back into our accounts. Anyway, going forward, if this happens again, should I just cancel the flights and rebook them to receive travel credits and/or points refunded to our accounts? The reason I didn't want to do this is because I had purchased EBCI for both legs of the trip. Am I correct in assuming that if I canceled the flights and rebooked them that I would have to pay again for EBCI and be out the $200 ($100 each way)?

As for the LUV vouchers, are these like travel credits? Do I have 12 months to use them before they expire?

Thank you. :)
Hi I also had my flights canceled and re-booked and it was a nightmare process. SWA sent me an email with a voucher good for one year and the voucher is for “Travel Funds”. It included a link to access the directions for using the travel funds.

In hindsight we discussed how many vacations I have been sick on and using ibuprofen to stay upright while trying to not be miserable. I’ve loved being well on my vacations from not picking up some cold in the airport since traveling with a mask. Never again will I board public transportation without a mask, I suspect, especially on vacation.

Our end of July flights just changed. PVD-MCO is much worse. Coming home slightly better. Only direct flights on a Sunday are now 5:10am or 6:30pm. Used to be 10:45am direct. I just hope our end of August flights don't follow a similar path.

Just got an email that our August 13th flight PVD-MCO was changed. It moved our 2:30pm direct to a 12:30pm direct. Fine by me. Our August 19th flight back remains the same.
That means I need to be OTL for changes to my Aug 21-27 flights (not to MCO). Sigh. I really hope it doesn't change too much.

Ugh. Just got the email our August 6th flight is moved from an early non stop flight to a later flight with a stop in Baltimore. Not happy.

Just got changes to my August flights to Tampa. i Switched my outgoing flight. It is a longer layover but get in earlier. Home leaves later but it works so we left it as they set iy
t.

My August flight to MCO just got changed too, leaving 4 hours later, so I switched to an early morning flight. I had booked with points and the flight I switched to was actually fewer points. I didn’t get a refund for the difference in points though, but I should have - right? I’ve done this before and I know I have gotten the points back.

Update! I contacted SW via Twitter last night. They didn’t reply until this morning. They did refund points, however it wasn’t enough. Then I realized the price had gone up overnight and that’s what they based my refund on. However, I had taken a screenshot last night of the price and sent that back to them. They then adjusted my points correctly. Once they replied to me this morning, everything was handled very quickly. I got about 40,000 points back.

Last edited:
Hi I also had my flights canceled and re-booked and it was a nightmare process. SWA sent me an email with a voucher good for one year and the voucher is for “Travel Funds”. It included a link to access the directions for using the travel funds.
We got one too after the 4th flight change for May causing an extra night of hotel and expenses. Cant be used for EBCI or anything useful, guess it is just a discount for the next price hike when we can travel again, which probably wont be within the year.

Just got an email that our August 13th flight PVD-MCO was changed. It moved our 2:30pm direct to a 12:30pm direct. Fine by me. Our August 19th flight back remains the same.
Same situation here, but worked out better for us. Had a connecting flight from Boston (5:25am) to Orlando via Nashville on 8/10. Got the e-mail yesterday it was now connecting through Baltimore (not a fan of that airport), times changed by about 30 minutes. Called SW today and they changed it to a direct flight out of Providence (same distance as Boston for the rest of my travel party). We now leave at 5:10am and arrive at 8am instead of 11:30am. We'll hang out at my brother's house and do a Publix run before heading over to the WL. Nothing about the return flight - yet!

Looks like my Aug flights are in the process of changing. My reservation still has the original times but when I search the dates all new times are showing. So do I beat SW to the punch and move us to where I want. or wait until they do it...will me making a change preemptively screw something up if they're working on it?

Looks like my Aug flights are in the process of changing. My reservation still has the original times but when I search the dates all new times are showing. So do I beat SW to the punch and move us to where I want. or wait until they do it...will me making a change preemptively screw something up if they're working on it?
Wait for the change and then choose the one you want just in case they pull the flight you move to.

Just got the email that my flight home in August was changed, costing me half a day of vacation. When I try to change it, I keep getting errors🙄

Same. Direct, perfect time flights in August changed to layover or terrible time (7:25am leaving MCO). Feel like it's bait & switch. I booked SW because they had the better flight than JetBlue. Now JetBlue would be better, but the prices has gone up and my $ is tied up in SW.

Got the dreaded email, stomach dropped. Thank goodness, it's just a flight number and 10 minute difference.

That's for my return on 9/4, I think I might be the furthest out date changed so far on the thread??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter