Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

That can only be done as a cancel and a rebook. So your original flight money would likely go back as a flight credit, unless you booked a refundable type of fare.

I wouldn't bother unless the points/cash ratio really tips the scales. About 1.3 points per penny
1.3 cents per point.

I just got an email from SW about this sale - and I was super stoked since we're traveling to MCO during that time...

1654607367179.png

so I enter my travel dates and I get an error message.....which stated either my dates were wrong/ineligible or my city pairs were not eligible...hmmmm...

so I go back to the offer and scroll through the available cities and I CAN fly out of RDU to a variety of cities, but NOT into MCO..here is the list of cities that do not qualify for the current promotion....

:headache:

1654607296580.png

👎

oh well....

Attachments

• 1654607155912.png
    1654607155912.png
    309.7 KB · Views: 5

I just got an email from SW about this sale - and I was super stoked since we're traveling to MCO during that time...

View attachment 674609

so I enter my travel dates and I get an error message.....which stated either my dates were wrong/ineligible or my city pairs were not eligible...hmmmm...

so I go back to the offer and scroll through the available cities and I CAN fly out of RDU to a variety of cities, but NOT into MCO..here is the list of cities that do not qualify for the current promotion....

View attachment 674608

👎

oh well....
I was excited too, but my pairing, PVD to MCO, isn't eligible either. :sad:

We got points back too. Our flight home from Vegas on Labor Day week (flying home on Sep 8th) had already dropped before so it dropped again. The flight to Vegas on Labor Day (Sep 5th) hadn't dropped but did with this sale. Both flights each way were less than 8,000 points per person. We could do Business Select for basically what it originally cost for WGA but there's no point to booking Business Select in our case since my husband has A-list and for the first time I'm actually on the reservation with him lol so I should be getting his benefit. But dang I've not seen Business Select be that cheap.

View attachment 674609

View attachment 674608

👎

oh well....

Yep, it's disappointing. Even with 40% off for our travel dates, the fares that we already have are still the cheapest ones.

I was excited too, but my pairing, PVD to MCO, isn't eligible either. :sad:
I was able to save $37per person mid September to fly down from PVD. Coming back would have saved the same but would rather keep my flight time and not have a 7am flight

Yep, it's disappointing. Even with 40% off for our travel dates, the fares that we already have are still the cheapest ones.
Same.

The fares we have are hundreds less per ticket than what is on sale right now!!

The only thing that I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers for is that when we get closer to our travel dates that SW will shake up the flight schedule, come out with better non-stop flights and that they'll be cheaper and I can score something better!

BUT, that's a lot to ask of SW so for now I'm just wishing and hoping that they don't get rid of our non-stop flights!!

🤞

Sale not working for us either. Only qualifying fares are connections, not direct. We're already driving from Philly area to BWI to avoid a connection. Switching to a connection is not worth the savings.

When SW made September changes, they cancelled our nonstop to Orlando on Labor Day & moved us to a connecting flight departing at 5:45 am & connecting in BWI. I had been looking at changing to a 4 pm nonstop the day before but hadn’t gotten to it yet. (I just don’t want to get up at 3:30 am to deal with a connecting flight). I was able to make the change today & got almost 7,000 points back. Now I have business select for 10,700 points. DH is flying on my companion pass. Our return flight isn’t included, but I’m happy with the sale.

Some cities must work with MCO and some must not. I'm seeing sale prices from MKE to MCO and back again for our late Aug trip...$110 each way direct flights. We were booked with points and got a nice chunk back (originally booked at the point equivalent of $173 both directions).

Last edited:
I was able to save $37per person mid September to fly down from PVD. Coming back would have saved the same but would rather keep my flight time and not have a 7am flight
Do you have a connection? MCO doesn't show as an option on the sale page for PVD departures?

I have questions about using LUV vouchers and also purchasing points. I was just issued a LUV voucher for the first time due to damage to a bag during our recent flight. Can I use the LUV voucher and combine it with points to book a flight? If so, if I need to cancel that flight, I know the points are returned to my account, but is the LUV voucher still good to use again (if I use it before the expiration date)?

Also, if I purchase points on the special 45% off right now, are they immediately transferred into my account to use? We need more points than what we have to book a flight. And again, if we need to cancel the flight, are all points, accumulated and purchased, returned to my account?

Also, if I purchase points on the special 45% off right now, are they immediately transferred into my account to use? We need more points than what we have to book a flight. And again, if we need to cancel the flight, are all points, accumulated and purchased, returned to my account?

I purchased points last week using the 45% discount and while it says can take up to 72 hours to show in your account, it was instantaneous. And yes, any points used for a flight that needs to be cancelled will go right back to your points account. It's the only reason I did it as I know that it's not usually wise to purchase points, but with 45% off and points go back to my account without staying attached to a certain person - no brainer for me. I'm all about the flexibility. :teeth:

I purchased points last week using the 45% discount and while it says can take up to 72 hours to show in your account, it was instantaneous. And yes, any points used for a flight that needs to be cancelled will go right back to your points account. It's the only reason I did it as I know that it's not usually wise to purchase points, but with 45% off and points go back to my account without staying attached to a certain person - no brainer for me. I'm all about the flexibility. :teeth:
I was just going to ask about this. Is the 45% a good deal? We got that offer too and since we are planning to book Christmas travel, I anticipate we might need more points than we have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter