Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

They are up.
I've never not seen a fare class on SWA not be offered. Sold out? Yes but not offered? No

It's not how SWA operates

Keep in mind they've been doing a lot of adjusting this year (so fares may show unavailable but then available again) and typically at least on release day fares can be slow to load
I've seen it Thanksgiving weekend in the past when they first come out. As soon as I went in this morning, the first flights on 11/26 did not have WGA. I got an afternoon one that did.

Everyone in my family got Anytime fares except for me, I have a Companion pass. Will I be checked in early as well or do I need to add Early Bird?

*Nevermind! Just got my answer from the post below.

Last edited:
I've seen it Thanksgiving weekend in the past when they first come out. As soon as I went in this morning, the first flights on 11/26 did not have WGA. I got an afternoon one that did.
That's not the same as not offering the fare (which is what the PP had said), that just means not all are loaded. Unavailable means either not loaded, sold out, being adjusted in number of people who can purchase, etc.

The equivalent would be like Delta not offering Basic Economy on all flights and routes such that all you would ever see is Business Select and Anytime fare and WGA (or now WGA+) not even a line there ever. SWA doesn't operate that way, they don't have assigned seating, they do have a number of seats they sell per fare category (and price as well which is why you'll see X number left at that price within the fare class).

Do Anytime and/or Business Class fares ever drop once in the system? And if by some crazy miracle WGA shows up, could tix be switched?

One last question… if I got Business Class with the A1-A15 guarantee and automatic checkin, does my companion also get that? I can buy it and get reimbursed, if I have to. Don’t really want my 5 year old granddaughter boarding after the rest of us. 🤪

No, your companion does not get checked in with your Business Select. A listers get everyone on their itinerary checked in with them, but not those buying BS. There are only 15 BS spots, they don’t give those spots away for free.

There have been several times when WGA fares either weren’t available when fares dropped or when they sold out quickly after release. And they always show up after. Sometimes a day later, sometimes longer than that. But they will show up again.

I was surprisingly pleased with what I got for Thanksgiving considering I slept in until 7 a.m. Central Time (traveled all day yesterday, so just kind of strange timing that fares released today.) Early morning OKC to MCO on Thanksgiving Day w/ a stop in Houston but no plane change and an afternoon NONSTOP return the following Monday. Nonstops between OKC and MCO are very, very rare. About 60,000 points total for me and the husband. I just wanted to have enough points to cover everything and I did. :yay:

Happy to have our non stop flight on Thanksgiving but not happy that it wont arrive until 6 pm. Keep checking as many times as you can a day for price changes. Checked a September flight for my son today when I was booking our Thanksgiving flights and it was the same. Went back in this afternoon to see if there were any changes for my trip and checked his again and the price had dropped from $164 to $123. Booked on points so I quickly went in and changed them to get some points back. That price had only gone up the past month so I was shocked to see it drop.

Changing the URL? Absolutely brilliant. I had never thought of that before. I just tried that and was able to snag the last 4 low Wanna Get Away seats for my travel dates. The calendar to select dates was still not allowing selection into the new window and I had my tickets in hand. You just saved me hundreds. Thank you. :worship:
I am not tech savvy, I guess. What do you mean by “changing the URL”?

Does anyone know if you have A list at booking, does it stand for those flights if you no longer have it at the travel dates? I have it now and booked the flights but I may not have it again next year at the time of the flights.

I kind of dropped the ball and literally forgot today was the day to book but I saw a facebook post that reminded me we needed to get tickets for December. I ended up paying about 367 RT for Non-stop from CT to MCO 12/3-12/10. Surprisingly, they had three non-stops per day to choose from. I hope they don't change too much before then! Overall, I'm ok with what we paid...I think I've paid more in the past.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you have A list at booking, does it stand for those flights if you no longer have it at the travel dates? I have it now and booked the flights but I may not have it again next year at the time of the flights.
A-list benefits are only for the calendar year. Unless you earn A-list this year (which will mean the benefits would be for the year 2023) your A-list benefits will expire at the end of this year, your flight next year will not have any A-list benefits attached.

Thanks! I have temporary A-list until June 30 from some sort of promotional email not the regular A-List. I think I have to book AND fly before June 30. We used it once during the promotional period but I don’t think my next flights qualify even though I booked while still in the promotional period ended.

Thanks! I have temporary A-list until June 30 from some sort of promotional email not the regular A-List. I think I have to book AND fly before June 30. We used it once during the promotional period but I don’t think my next flights qualify even though I booked while still in the promotional period ended.
You can check the email if you still have it but if it said "complete travel by" or something like that then it means flights traveled on after that date don't count towards the promotion.

When my husband had gotten an offer last year to extend his A-List benefits through 2022 it was like that as well, his was complete 2 RT or 4 one-way by X date....so he just booked two very quick (fly one day then fly back the next day) golf trips :teeth: , his sister went with him and they picked basically the cheapest from our airport that would have golfing stuff. So he went golfing in Chicago and Dallas lol.

Well, we are waiting. I'm a little unsure of the economy so our December trip is just a maybe. We're booked and I'll hold that at least until we decide for sure. The flights from BWI were the same prices as the fall prices, so that was a pleasant surprise. Last year our prices went down after the first booking day prices. I'm hoping something similar happens this year.

I kind of dropped the ball and literally forgot today was the day to book but I saw a facebook post that reminded me we needed to get tickets for December. I ended up paying about 367 RT for Non-stop from CT to MCO 12/3-12/10. Surprisingly, they had three non-stops per day to choose from. I hope they don't change to much before then! Overall, I'm ok with what we paid...I think I've paid more in the past.
I am happy for you, but I can’t understand why/how they go from 1 nonstop flight from that same airport in November to 3 in December. It’s not like it was Christmas week. Our nonstop return flight on November 8 leaves at 6:55 am! That’s it for the day. I’m sure there is some logic behind why, but boy, I wish they had maybe 2 nonstops a day. Ok, I’m done whining. I still love the flexibility of Southwest so will stick with them for now.

Our nonstop return flight on November 8 leaves at 6:55 am! That’s it for the day.

Ugh, that's awful. Is that what you booked? I don't understand it either, but we had our choice of three different return times so we picked the middle one at 11:25 am. I miss the days of my favorite return time of about 3-4pm, but I'm not complaining. The next one was at 8:15pm and we are traveling with my 7 year-old niece so we don't want to have her out that late.

Last edited:
Ugh, that's awful. Is that what you booked? I don't understand it either, but we had our choice of three different return times so we picked the middle one at 11:25 am. I miss the days of my favorite return time of about 3-4pm, but I'm not complaining. The next one was at 11:15pm and we are traveling with my 7 year-old niece so we don't want to have her out that late.
We were actually looking to come back on the 7th, but wanted to take a late nonstop flight to get another full day in. We are just there for a long weekend. The only nonstop on the 7th was 8:30 am. My daughter is going to take another half day off from work and we’ll come back early on the 8th.

I kind of dropped the ball and literally forgot today was the day to book but I saw a facebook post that reminded me we needed to get tickets for December. I ended up paying about 367 RT for Non-stop from CT to MCO 12/3-12/10. Surprisingly, they had three non-stops per day to choose from. I hope they don't change too much before then! Overall, I'm ok with what we paid...I think I've paid more in the past.
We’re flying those same days PVD/MCO and they had 3 nonstops for each of them, though none were the ideal times we’ve had in the past. Our flight down leaves at 5:10 am! But the next nonstop wouldn’t have gotten us down there until about 4:30 and we really wanted to use that day to meander the monorail resort decorations and let the kids swim before we switch to Yacht Club on Sunday and start hitting the parks, so super early flight it is (I think we’re going to get a hotel near the airport the night before as PVD is about an hour-ish drive for us). Our flight home is the last flight of the day back to PVD and leaves at 7:55 pm, getting us in around 10:30 but the other nonstops were earlier than we wanted so late flight it is. That’s why we decided to fly on Saturdays, to give a bit more flexibility because we’re not rushing home to get ready for school/work the next day. But I do miss my old nonstop flight times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter