• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

If you are able to switch flights because SW has made a change to your original flight, can you book a flight that departs a day earlier? Our flight usually changes within minutes of the original flight time, so I'm not as familiar with this process. Thanks.

We’re flying those same days PVD/MCO and they had 3 nonstops for each of them, though none were the ideal times we’ve had in the past. Our flight down leaves at 5:10 am!

Our flight down leaves at 5 am too :crazy2:. But we figured we'd be landing by 8 and pretty much have that whole day there to hit the parks. We'll be leaving forBDL around 2:30 am since we're about 1/2hour from there o_Oo_Oo_O

Do Anytime and/or Business Class fares ever drop once in the system? And if by some crazy miracle WGA shows up, could tix be switched?

One last question… if I got Business Class with the A1-A15 guarantee and automatic checkin, does my companion also get that? I can buy it and get reimbursed, if I have to. Don’t really want my 5 year old granddaughter boarding after the rest of us. 🤪
All fares have the possibility of being lowered, it depends on how many tickets are sold and how many they think will be sold.
Companions do not get an A1-A15 boarding pass, they will get a boarding position based on when they check in.
Does anyone know if you have A list at booking, does it stand for those flights if you no longer have it at the travel dates? I have it now and booked the flights but I may not have it again next year at the time of the flights.
It goes by what your status is when the flight is scheduled to take off, possibly by what your status is when you would be checked in. But definitely not by what your status is when you book.
If you are able to switch flights because SW has made a change to your original flight, can you book a flight that departs a day earlier? Our flight usually changes within minutes of the original flight time, so I'm not as familiar with this process. Thanks.
You should be able to, as long as it is the same city pair. Usually the automated system will let you move up to 14 days.

We are checking a cooler next week on our flight to Denver. It doesn’t have a lock. Should/can we keep it closed with a ratchet strap or a bungee cord? We aren’t planning on putting anything in it so if the lid opens it’s okay.

You definitely can. I did this recently for a July flight. They changed our flight time by literally 5 minutes. I had been hoping for this because we decided we wanted to fly down a day earlier but the flights were a lot more expensive. I used the change link in the email they sent and had zero issues switching to a flight 24 hours before the one they changed. :-)

We are checking a cooler next week on our flight to Denver. It doesn’t have a lock. Should/can we keep it closed with a ratchet strap or a bungee cord? We aren’t planning on putting anything in it so if the lid opens it’s okay.
We used duct tape on one the was full and it was ok. We also took some tape for the flight home.

We have an offer to buy points at a 45% discount. Is it worth buying them. We will be planning a trip to Vegas in March?

We have an offer to buy points at a 45% discount. Is it worth buying them. We will be planning a trip to Vegas in March?

They come out being a little worse than the accepted 1.3 cents / point ratio that people like to claim is the value for SW points, but it's not bad if you need a top up. It's also good for the flexibility of a price drop or cancellation, that the points to back into your account, instead of a travel credit when purchasing a ticket on points.

You definitely can. I did this recently for a July flight. They changed our flight time by literally 5 minutes. I had been hoping for this because we decided we wanted to fly down a day earlier but the flights were a lot more expensive. I used the change link in the email they sent and had zero issues switching to a flight 24 hours before the one they changed. :-)
We did the same. We had paid with points and I did not want to spend any more to get there. When our flight was changed by five minutes, we were able to switch flights with no added costs.

Has SW begun to make changes to September flights? There’s an awful lot of directs going out of Indy to MCO right now. (I’m not so secretly hoping they haven’t because when they do I want to take an earlier flight and don’t want to waste any points 😆)

Has SW begun to make changes to September flights? There’s an awful lot of directs going out of Indy to MCO right now. (I’m not so secretly hoping they haven’t because when they do I want to take an earlier flight and don’t want to waste any points 😆)
There were changes a while ago, but it's been a minute. I think we're all expecting another set soon, given the frequency of changes they made over the spring.

Just looked at Christmas flights for fun. Wow!! It follows what's going on in the industry right now. My next purchase is February.

Ok so I have a problem. We are flying to San Juan from Pittsburgh for a cruise over Christams. I was expecting the fares to be high, but there are no wanna get away or wanna get away plus availabl. It’s like they didn’t release them. So we have 4 of us flying, but one is a companion, so we have to buy three tickets. We have enough points basically for one way. So to buy points is about the same as buying three tickets. So which would you do? It’s the refunable fare, so we’d get that back, but if there is a price break is it easier to deal with points? So what would u do?

Thank you. I guess I will pass at this point.
They come out being a little worse than the accepted 1.3 cents / point ratio that people like to claim is the value for SW points, but it's not bad if you need a top up. It's also good for the flexibility of a price drop or cancellation, that the points to back into your account, instead of a travel credit when purchasing a ticket on points.

Ok so I have a problem. We are flying to San Juan from Pittsburgh for a cruise over Christams. I was expecting the fares to be high, but there are no wanna get away or wanna get away plus availabl. It’s like they didn’t release them. So we have 4 of us flying, but one is a companion, so we have to buy three tickets. We have enough points basically for one way. So to buy points is about the same as buying three tickets. So which would you do? It’s the refunable fare, so we’d get that back, but if there is a price break is it easier to deal with points? So what would u do?

Personally, if it was me & the cost was pretty similar, I’d pay for the seat outright, especially a refundable fare. You’ll earn a decent amount of points if you pay for it. You don’t earn points if you pay with points. And don’t rule out WGA fares showing up down the road. It has happened before that they were unavailable on initial release, but then were offered later.

Fellow Pittsburgher here. Based on past experience with holiday fares, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them released later. One time I went to Disney the Sunday after Thanksgiving, the flight down was $400. I really wanted that morning flight and bought it. About a month before, it dropped to $200. I got the credit and used it for a future flight.

One concern I have right now is they seem to be dropping frequency. I am flying down the Saturday after Thanksgiving, frequency was good, I got a flight for about 20,000 points. Coming back on 12/4, non-stops are around 7:00am and 6:30pm. I was hoping for around noon. Connections aren’t even good. I’m going out to DL in early September, schedules were bad. I’m flying American out. Coming back I have SW connection I am happy with but am scared they will cancel or change times.

Sky high fares (Expected) AND no non stops from PHL? PASS
I did a quick search for nonstops from Philly to Orlando, it's only 3 flights on Saturdays,1 flight a day Christmas Week, and 1 flight on January 2nd... I might have missed some, but that's but good from what used to be like 4 a day, everyday.

Fellow Pittsburgher here. Based on past experience with holiday fares, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them released later. One time I went to Disney the Sunday after Thanksgiving, the flight down was $400. I really wanted that morning flight and bought it. About a month before, it dropped to $200. I got the credit and used it for a future flight.

One concern I have right now is they seem to be dropping frequency. I am flying down the Saturday after Thanksgiving, frequency was good, I got a flight for about 20,000 points. Coming back on 12/4, non-stops are around 7:00am and 6:30pm. I was hoping for around noon. Connections aren’t even good. I’m going out to DL in early September, schedules were bad. I’m flying American out. Coming back I have SW connection I am happy with but am scared they will cancel or change times.
I hate to say it but I’m very scared of SWA these days....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter