Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

For the old coupons, on the last flight I was told they were no longer accepting them. This was in August. Has anyone used them recently?
That would be against the policy they announced when they brought back alcohol

https://www.southwest.com/help/on-the-plane/food-and-drinks?clk=SITESEARCH

1663470238866.png

I would just pushback against the FA if they declined. Sure after the end of this year they are under no obligation to unless they change that again but that was SWA's decision to allow the coupons to be used til the end of the year.

For the old coupons, on the last flight I was told they were no longer accepting them. This was in August. Has anyone used them recently? Also, I used to be the only one to get drink coupons but they are really pushing them out lately. One DD got them after one flight and the other DD got them two weeks in a row in the mail. 16 between the three of us plus our expired ones. Way more than we need. It was nice when you used to be able to use them on vitamin water.

Not really pushing them out. I haven’t received a drink coupon in what feels like 10 years. I don’t fly a ton but average 6 flights a year. All on rewards so I guess they feel they do not need to reward me anymore!!!

For the old coupons, on the last flight I was told they were no longer accepting them. This was in August. Has anyone used them recently? Also, I used to be the only one to get drink coupons but they are really pushing them out lately. One DD got them after one flight and the other DD got them two weeks in a row in the mail. 16 between the three of us plus our expired ones. Way more than we need. It was nice when you used to be able to use them on vitamin water.
I was able to use an expired one 8/31/22. Pre-Covid, I would offer a passenger in my row one to use because of the expiration dates.

I’ve been flying a bunch and had received coupons twice close together earlier in the year and nothing since… maybe I’m flying too much to get more?

We used a few drink coupons on Thursday night – – they expired mid 2021. We didn’t ask-we just gave them to the flight attendant.

Has anyone paid for upgraded boarding at the 24hr check in?

Does the option come up when you check in?
Does it say you will get “A” boarding? Or is it like EBCI?

Or do you have to wait until you are at the airport to purchase?

We have only flown SW a few times and I have usually purchased EB but I decided to wait to try out the new boarding upgrade option.

Thanks

We have only flown SW a few times and I have usually purchased EB but I decided to wait to try out the new boarding upgrade option.

Thanks

The upgraded boarding is to buy specifically for A1-A15. So there will be, at most, 15 spots available. This used to only be able to be purchased at the airport, but they added it online recently.

Thanks
I haven’t tried it yet but for the past few weeks maybe two months it has been popping up automatically at the 24 hour mark when you check in

I did it for my DH early this month. When I checked him in, it showed his boarding position. Right next to it was a box to purchase upgraded boarding. Very noticeable & easy to do. I then had to reload his boarding pass.

Has anyone had any luck getting a LUV voucher extended? We have four vouchers totally $600 that we were planning on using for a long weekend in March, but I just found out my boys have the SATs that Saturday. The vouchers expire in April and I just don’t see us being able to use them before then, but I hate to lose them, too.

Has anyone had any luck getting a LUV voucher extended? We have four vouchers totally $600 that we were planning on using for a long weekend in March, but I just found out my boys have the SATs that Saturday. The vouchers expire in April and I just don’t see us being able to use them before then, but I hate to lose them, too.
Now that travel funds no longer expire all you need to do is book a flight with the luv vouchers then cancel which will result in the amount turning into travel funds. It can take a few hours after you cancel for them to show as no expiration travel funds so don’t be alarmed.

Now that travel funds no longer expire all you need to do is book a flight with the luv vouchers then cancel which will result in the amount turning into travel funds. It can take a few hours after you cancel for them to show as no expiration travel funds so don’t be alarmed.

Definitely this. Additionally, for maximum flexibility, book WGA plus flights. Then, your flight credit will be eligible for a one-time transfer to another name if you decide you want to, say, just use it on a couples trip instead of a family trip. Since you're booking with intent to cancel, I'd be looking for the combination of flights for your intended travelers that gets as close as possible to maxing out the Luv voucher with WGA+. Then, if the intended travelers change, you transfer the credit.

What a great idea! Never crossed my mind lol! And it’s perfect bc I already reached a list for next year and have one that expires early January!!

I never thought of this. Thank you so much!

Definitely this. Additionally, for maximum flexibility, book WGA plus flights. Then, your flight credit will be eligible for a one-time transfer to another name if you decide you want to, say, just use it on a couples trip instead of a family trip. Since you're booking with intent to cancel, I'd be looking for the combination of flights for your intended travelers that gets as close as possible to maxing out the Luv voucher with WGA+. Then, if the intended travelers change, you transfer the credit.

Great tip! Thank you!

A question about this - if I have a LUV voucher for $150 and I find a WGA+ flight for $149, with $5 or so taxes added, I would receive $149 refunded in travel funds, then the $5 taxes would be returned to my credit card? Or should I look for a flight that is around $140 or so instead of $149?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter