Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Looks like all of the BWI routes to Florida went up today.
I've been watching since opening day, hoping to get some points back, but mine just keep climbing. Booked when they were $163 out, $216 back which I thought was high. My outbound is now sold out with other, reasonable times at $353 and the returns are all Anytime or higher, so $571. Oooof! Someone who wanted reasonably priced last minute travel on my days would need to take the late flight that lands at 1am in either direction and they'd still be paying more than my opening day fares.

A good reminder to us all that the next fare drop is in one week, so get on that if you need flights through 7/10/23

So the next drop is on which day exactly again? This is the first time I’ve been waiting for flights to drop!
We are currently accepting air reservations through April 10, 2023. On October 27, 2022 we will open our schedule for sale through July 10, 2023. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently

I am hoping to get a little insight. We are flying SW bc they had the best prices this time around.

I am curious if anyone has ever qualified for pre boarding with my DD and my issues.

My DD7 is ASD1 (Autism spectrum level 1) and has sensory issues. She will have melt downs if she feels crowded or rushed. She is also specific on where she sits and needs her seat cleaned.

I have issues with blood clots in my legs and swelling. I am also highly claustrophobic and need to see the door so have to be semi up front.

Anyone have even a guess if we would possibly qualify? If they turn you down is it big deal?

TIA

I am hoping to get a little insight. We are flying SW bc they had the best prices this time around.

I am curious if anyone has ever qualified for pre boarding with my DD and my issues.

My DD7 is ASD1 (Autism spectrum level 1) and has sensory issues. She will have melt downs if she feels crowded or rushed. She is also specific on where she sits and needs her seat cleaned.

I have issues with blood clots in my legs and swelling. I am also highly claustrophobic and need to see the door so have to be semi up front.

Anyone have even a guess if we would possibly qualify? If they turn you down is it big deal?

TIA

I think that should be alright. I mean, the worst they can say is no. But the mobility issues for you, and your daughter's autism should be enough to get to pre-board.

Worst case, you're boarding at your assigned number. If it's too far back, you may have to buy upgraded boarding to move you into the A1-A15 range.

TIA

No guarantees, but I have definitely seen children with ASD preboard on SW. If you politely explain your situation to the gate agent ahead of time, they may even try to save you the bulkhead seats to minimize you and your daughter’s anxiety. Again no guarantees because this is up to the individual gate agent, but I have seen SW do this in the past.

I've been watching since opening day, hoping to get some points back, but mine just keep climbing. Booked when they were $163 out, $216 back which I thought was high. My outbound is now sold out with other, reasonable times at $353 and the returns are all Anytime or higher, so $571. Oooof! Someone who wanted reasonably priced last minute travel on my days would need to take the late flight that lands at 1am in either direction and they'd still be paying more than my opening day fares.

A good reminder to us all that the next fare drop is in one week, so get on that if you need flights through 7/10/23
Travel demand appears to continue at high levels. Anecdotally, there was a brief reprieve and I was able to save about $44 round trip on a flight to Sarasota in January, but those prices are back at higher levels. Does not bode well for summer travel prices. Car rentals are very high too. Usually in November/December we're able to get some $79 or $99 flights to Florida cities for winter travel. Hoping we see that this year, but my expectations are rather low.

We are flying to Orlando on Thanksgiving day. We have an hour layover at BWI, should I be concerned about making the connecting flight? We almost always do a direct flight from our area but this time Southwest only had one nonstop flight and it ended up being a pretty late flight so we opted for the layover. I actually just noticed that the layover was only an hour.

We are flying to Orlando on Thanksgiving day. We have an hour layover at BWI, should I be concerned about making the connecting flight? We almost always do a direct flight from our area but this time Southwest only had one nonstop flight and it ended up being a pretty late flight so we opted for the layover. I actually just noticed that the layover was only an hour.
We've done a couple of those layovers at BWI and it's been fine. My kids are good at following in crowds and pulling their luggage at the same time.

I am trying to book plane tickets from Phoenix to MCO.
Right now best I can get is $400 round trip.
If was flying from LAX (my old home airport) it's only $200ish round trip.
I've never heard about times when the prices are specifically lower (as someone said a few posts back.)
Am I understanding that tickets may go down on Oct 27th?
This time last year I booked for our January 2021 trip and then checked back a few weeks later and found them to be $40 cheaper so I rebooked and now have that $40 as flight credit.
I just hate having to spend SO much to get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter