Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Thank you LadybugsMum.

There are reports from people who tried this. They said that if the airline was overbooked or a passenger needed to be moved, that their spare seat was taken and they were refunded.
You have medical reason to have 2 seats though. Also, I would ask for preboarding and then put something in the seat so it doesn't look like an open seat.

Just an FYI -- I literally just moved (last night) our SW flight from this Sunday to a date in December and when checking today the points per ticket went down over 2000 per ticket.

So if you are flying on 12/11, check your cost/points!

Off to a grumpy start. I checked in at exactly 8am and still ended up with C boarding. >:( I should have upgraded to EarlyBird. Hindsight is 20/20.
Last December our flight from home to Vegas with WGA no EBCI was B24 however the flight home from Vegas I had gotten B60 right on the dot, it was however the latest I've gotten ever (other than a random glitch when we had Companion and I ended up with a C back in like 2017).

When we went to WDW in May my husband was A-list, I was on a separate reservation with EBCI purchased (reimbursed through the CC) with just WGA and it was A40. On the way home with EBCI also purchased for me it was A34. We used the EBCI benefit for this one as it runs on a June/July (can't remember) cycle.

When we went to Vegas in September we were both on the same reservation so I was getting his A-list benefit and my position was A20 on the way there (keep in mind it was a 4:40am boarding time though) and on the way back home it was A28 (a 8:45pm boarding time).

It can be all over the place, for us we typically take the early flights and the late flights to places. When my husband travels for business typically early to mid-morning with afternoon to late evening flights depending on non-stop vs connections.

Last December our flight from home to Vegas with WGA no EBCI was B24 however the flight home from Vegas I had gotten B60 right on the dot, it was however the latest I've gotten ever (other than a random glitch when we had Companion and I ended up with a C back in like 2017).

When we went to WDW in May my husband was A-list, I was on a separate reservation with EBCI purchased (reimbursed through the CC) with just WGA and it was A40. On the way home with EBCI also purchased for me it was A34. We used the EBCI benefit for this one as it runs on a June/July (can't remember) cycle.

When we went to Vegas in September we were both on the same reservation so I was getting his A-list benefit and my position was A20 on the way there (keep in mind it was a 4:40am boarding time though) and on the way back home it was A28 (a 8:45pm boarding time).

It can be all over the place, for us we typically take the early flights and the late flights to places. When my husband travels for business typically early to mid-morning with afternoon to late evening flights depending on non-stop vs connections.

I ended up booking the Upgraded boarding. My frugal nature is ashamed, but I am going to repeat to myself that I have spent more on stupider things in the past. The flight is full and boarding group C would have not allowed for us to get seats together for sure. Our departure airport often doesn't follow the Family boarding policy well and prior flights we often would see 3/4 full planes before we boarded when we were group B. Thanks for mentioning it, I would have not known to look for an upgrade option otherwise.

I ended up booking the Upgraded boarding. My frugal nature is ashamed, but I am going to repeat to myself that I have spent more on stupider things in the past. The flight is full and boarding group C would have not allowed for us to get seats together for sure. Our departure airport often doesn't follow the Family boarding policy well and prior flights we often would see 3/4 full planes before we boarded when we were group B. Thanks for mentioning it, I would have not known to look for an upgrade option otherwise.
You're welcome 🙂

While I do think it may lead to more people using the feature having the ability to do it on the app is nice and I wouldn't have realized it was available on the app unless the other lovely DISers on this thread mentioned it :goodvibes , I def. appreciate all the information we share on here!

Currently SW is hosting a 50% off points for me over 20,000 points. Is this a good deal?

I have a chase offer for 10% cash back for a Southwest purchase and thought about getting some points if this is a good deal

Currently SW is hosting a 50% off points for me over 20,000 points. Is this a good deal?

I have a chase offer for 10% cash back for a Southwest purchase and thought about getting some points if this is a good deal
It definitely is! Combined with the 10% cash back that’s fantastic.

EBCI data point:

We only added it about a week before the flight as we were waiting for a credit card to kick over to a new card year.

Got B8 and 9 (with companions in 10 and 11). Checked in right at 24 hours and the non EBCI on our res got C15.

This was a return from Orlando, so there was a ton of family boarding. We were still able to get a set of two empty rows with maybe 4 more empty rows behind us.

We flew MHT-MCO yesterday on the 6 am flight. Crew showed up at 5:30 am, flight left on time and we got to Orlando around 9 am. It was a full flight of course, however the best flight since 2019 before the pandemic. Just like *the good old days*!

QUICK EDIT: Our 12/2 flight was as good or better! People were chilling, attendants were quietly doing their jobs and the flight was not full...and we arrived early. The anxiety level dropped tremendously on those two flights. Last year and earlier this year, people were scared and acting out but those that scared them were over the top in some of the theatrics. Let's have a restart please! Vacation is good, flights can be good and don't forget to pack your sunscreen LOL!

Last edited:
I keep telling myself I imagined this but I repeated it and the same thing happened.

I attempted to book a flight in January to Las Vegas on a Thursday WGA fare and I was not prompted to add EBCI. I went through the process again and the same thing. I then selected Wednesday and I was presented with the EBCI option. I wonder if so many EBCI and upgraded fares have already been purchased for the one flight that they aren’t selling it.

On another note, EBCI for tomorrow from Las Vegas and got B18. In the last several years I have always gotten A with EBCI with one exception when I got a C. I know that is rare but my experience with trying to add it and it not being an option makes me think that more people are getting bad boarding positions and increased complaints.

I really am hoping it was a fluke and all EBCI are not gone.

Check your March and April flights. We had two flight schedule changes yesterday. The schedule changes didn't come with the same fare reductions that we have seen in the recent past, though.

Check your March and April flights. We had two flight schedule changes yesterday. The schedule changes didn't come with the same fare reductions that we have seen in the recent past, though.
Does the schedule change allow you to move to a different flight at no cost or is that a thing of the past?

Thanks for the alert on flight changes! We checked our April Cancun flights and no schedule changes yet for us but the fare did go down again for the flight from KC to Cancun and so we got 1,577 points back per person/3,154 total.

A tally so far is 830 points, 5,312, and 3,154=9,296 total for 2 people.

Flight from Cancun back to KC is higher presently than we booked it for but will continue to watch out for that.

I booked a trip for my family of 4 using points under my account. I want to be able to use my SW credit card and DH’s SW credit card to book EBCI, as each gives a complimentary EBCI for 2 people each. I couldn’t do it on the app, so I planned on calling. I just wanted to see if this is possible to do before I waste mine or someone else’s time by calling in to ask. Does anyone know if this can be done?

I booked a trip for my family of 4 using points under my account. I want to be able to use my SW credit card and DH’s SW credit card to book EBCI, as each gives a complimentary EBCI for 2 people each. I couldn’t do it on the app, so I planned on calling. I just wanted to see if this is possible to do before I waste mine or someone else’s time by calling in to ask. Does anyone know if this can be done?
Just go on the Southwest website and book the EBCI. You shouldn't need to call to add EBCI. I have the card that gives Southwest travel credit rather than EBCI and just used it once my annual credit reset to purchase EBCI for my husband and I, who are on two separate reservations. I went online and did the two separate transactions and within a couple days the statement credit appeared on my Southwest card.

I've done this on the website as well. I only wanted to use two EBCI on a party of 3 and it was easy to select which individual segments and tickets I was applying it to.

Just go on the Southwest website and book the EBCI. You shouldn't need to call to add EBCI. I have the card that gives Southwest travel credit rather than EBCI and just used it once my annual credit reset to purchase EBCI for my husband and I, who are on two separate reservations. I went online and did the two separate transactions and within a couple days the statement credit appeared on my Southwest card.

I've done this on the website as well. I only wanted to use two EBCI on a party of 3 and it was easy to select which individual segments and tickets I was applying it to.
Great thanks! I only tried on the mobile app and just assumed it was the same on a desktop site. This will make my life easier now 😀

I was under the understanding that for family boarding, a child under 6 and o
Two parents were allowed to board between A and B. Last Sunday in MCO, there were multiple families some with 5 or 6 members who boarded together. Several of the families had one possibly under 6 and 2-3 teenagers along with both parents boarding together Has the policy changed? There were over 40 people in family boarding

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter