Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

My son broke his leg yesterday. We are attempting to figure out a way to keep some holiday plans if we can and he’s up to it. He’s in a full leg cast so pretty sure I either need to get the 1st row seating so he has the extra space to stretch his leg out. Or I need to buy an extra seat so he can sit sideways. What is the best way to approach this?

My son broke his leg yesterday. We are attempting to figure out a way to keep some holiday plans if we can and he’s up to it. He’s in a full leg cast so pretty sure I either need to get the 1st row seating so he has the extra space to stretch his leg out. Or I need to buy an extra seat so he can sit sideways. What is the best way to approach this?

You will medical pre-board with him. Keep in mind there might be through passengers who’ve moved up to sit in the first few rows. Sometimes FAs are proactive in holding those for preboards though.

You will medical pre-board with him. Keep in mind there might be through passengers who’ve moved up to sit in the first few rows. Sometimes FAs are proactive in holding those for preboards
I wonder if they would allow us one of those inflatable things to rest it on up there. He can’t bend it at all 😢

I wonder if they would allow us one of those inflatable things to rest it on up there. He can’t bend it at all 😢
There's just no way to guarantee he would get the front row. My main concern would be what happens if there's a full flight or other passengers that also need that front row.

SWA technically has purchasing of two seats for customer of size but makes no mention to other types of need with respects to proactively purchasing 2 seats (and I'm not sure if you'd get a refund on that one like you can with customer of size).

You may want to contact SWA regarding your specific needs to see if you could still purchase 2 seats for him and if it follows the same procedure as customer of size as well as what to inform the gate agents about.

There's just no way to guarantee he would get the front row. My main concern would be what happens if there's a full flight or other passengers that also need that front row.

SWA technically has purchasing of two seats for customer of size but makes no mention to other types of need with respects to proactively purchasing 2 seats (and I'm not sure if you'd get a refund on that one like you can with customer of size).

You may want to contact SWA regarding your specific needs to see if you could still purchase 2 seats for him and if it follows the same procedure as customer of size as well as what to inform the gate agents about.
I’m going to call them tomorrow morning. As of right now the flights not full as they have seats available at all 4 prices. It’s this coming weekend so I’m hopeful it will stay that way. This whole thing is a mess🤦‍♀️I’m trying to salvage the trip bc he still wants to go if it’s possible. I just don’t know of it is

I’m going to call them tomorrow morning. As of right now the flights not full as they have seats available at all 4 prices. It’s this coming weekend so I’m hopeful it will stay that way. This whole thing is a mess🤦‍♀️I’m trying to salvage the trip bc he still wants to go if it’s possible. I just don’t know of it is
I feel ya :hug: and that's gotta be really hard trying to figure out what you can do while on the trip much less getting on the plane!

The reason I mentioned flight full is because you can't rely on online booking for knowing this. Last month my husband was coming back from Long Beach, the flight before that that was also supposed to go to KC got cancelled that day and they merged that flight into my husband's flight (which was several hours later) which turned his original flight from not full to more than full.

Just an update on this. I purchased the points but now Chase is saying that they did not qualify for the offer. I have been messaging them but do not think they will budge. I thought I did my research but apparently rapid reward points are not Southwest. If I would have bought a giftcard I wonder if that would have worked. All well. Learned my lesson
Well that's a bummer. I suppose you didn't get 2x points on the purchase either if it wasn't considered a Southwest purchase?

Have you confirmed with his doctor he can fly? make sure to check if you haven’t. They can get funny about blood clots and the pressurized planes

Just to make sure you understand Companion and A-list are done via calendar year meaning Jan-Dec so when January 1st hits everything goes back to 0 in terms of earning towards these two things.
Yes! I just got the SWA Biz card in November and I’m not going to meet my MSR until after January 1st for the sign up bonus. Then I’m going to apply for the personal SWA card to earn the rest of my RR points with that sign up bonus.

Also, on another topic, we will need to travel from MCO to Port Canaveral to catch a Carnival cruise. Does anyone know the best way to get there and back to MCO after?
I believe that Carnival offers transfers from the Orlando airport, you might check with their website and see. You can also book private transfers through a number of companies in the Orlando area, use a shared shuttle through go port Orlando, or one-way rental cars.

Well that's a bummer. I suppose you didn't get 2x points on the purchase either if it wasn't considered a Southwest purchase?
Another update came in a couple days ago. After that instance, I messaged them again with a picture of my rewards page and it said that I was getting 3% points on it. They said that they would grant it to me. Just received the bonus in my account a day ago. I guess a little insistent was good in this case.

Just curious and I can’t seem to find an answer .. when purchasing Business Select tickets paying cash... if the price drops, are you refunded the difference back to your credit card or do they give you flight credits like with WGA fare price drops? Would you just click on change flight and do it the same way as always?

I’m purchasing SWA tickets to MCO for our July trip on Thursday’s release date. I’m working on earning my CP after the first of the year, but I will have to buy our 2 tickets with cash (not enough RR points right now). I plan to buy Business Select tickets so when I do earn my CP, I can switch DH’s to my CP and get the refund for his. Being new to all the ins and outs of the CP, if I have a Business Select ticket, when DH is my companion, will he also get A1-A15 or how will he be positioned for boarding? Will I need to purchase EBCI for him or try and wait and just upgrade his ticket at check-in if I can? I have the SWA Performance Biz card, where I can get reimbursed for upgrades also. Should I buy our 2 tickets separately with different confirmation numbers or does it matter? I would buy anytime tickets, but I’m worried with all the talk I see about tons of people pre-boarding and letting families board even sooner than they do now, it doesn’t seem to be worth it not to have a guaranteed A1-A15 position. So EBCI, doesn’t hardly seem a good value anymore. I’ve always purchased it and luckily have never even been in the B group before, but now my faith in that is wavering. I like to sit up as close to the front of the plane as I can.

Also, on another topic, we will need to travel from MCO to Port Canaveral to catch a Carnival cruise. Does anyone know the best way to get there and back to MCO after?

There's no need to buy the ticket for your husband. Once you qualify for CP, you can add him on.

I have 2 CPs in our family this year and we never add them right away because then, if prices/points go down, we have to call to change instead of doing it ourselves online. I usually add them once I see WGA is sold out for the flight we are taking, although I know other people push it much closer.

Just curious and I can’t seem to find an answer .. when purchasing Business Select tickets paying cash... if the price drops, are you refunded the difference back to your credit card or do they give you flight credits like with WGA fare price drops? Would you just click on change flight and do it the same way as always?
You can be refunded the difference to your credit card but be sure to select that when you're making the flight change. When I did this the default was for a flight credit, I had to choose the radio button to get a refund for the difference.

Not sure if I should put this in transportation or families category, but does Southwest have an age limit for the stroller not counting as a carry on? And can we check a single Bob stroller at the gate or does it have to be done at the ticket counter? Kids are age 4 and 6. So if 4 of us are traveling can we bring the following items to the gate: 4 carryons, 3 personal items, an umbrella stroller, a single Bob jogging stroller, and 2 FAA approved car seats for the kids to use on board?

Not sure if I should put this in transportation or families category, but does Southwest have an age limit for the stroller not counting as a carry on? And can we check a single Bob stroller at the gate or does it have to be done at the ticket counter? Kids are age 4 and 6. So if 4 of us are traveling can we bring the following items to the gate: 4 carryons, 3 personal items, an umbrella stroller, a single Bob jogging stroller, and 2 FAA approved car seats for the kids to use on board?
just make sure the 6year old has a carseat with belts not a booster seat as boosters can not be used on a plane. plus remember all items must go thru the xray machine allow extra time that point

just make sure the 6year old has a carseat with belts not a booster seat as boosters can not be used on a plane. plus remember all items must go thru the xray machine allow extra time that point
years ago you could not use tray table with a carseat as it would be flat. not sure what you plan on kids doing during flight. and you most likely not be able to have kids is same row and carseats will have to be in window seats.

Please make sure his orthopedic doctor is ok with him flying. Blood clots can happen, especially with lower extremity injuries. I had a healthy young fellow RN fly from Boston to NC, and ended up in the hospital with pulmonary emboli and put on Coumadin for 6 months.

I feel ya :hug: and that's gotta be really hard trying to figure out what you can do while on the trip much less getting on the plane!

The reason I mentioned flight full is because you can't rely on online booking for knowing this. Last month my husband was coming back from Long Beach, the flight before that that was also supposed to go to KC got cancelled that day and they merged that flight into my husband's flight (which was several hours later) which turned his original flight from not full to more than full.
So I called. Flights out are good. Flights back are a problem. There are 2 seats left. I need to see if they’ll let him sit sideways if he needs to in an empty seat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter