Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Yes, I received an email at 2:00 pm EST today. Our flight out was canceled and the four of us received 25,000 points each. My inlaws who were supposed to meet us in Orlando a few days later voluntarily rescheduled their flights since we lost our timeshare week and they received 25,000 points each too.

How many points did you get? (25,000 x 4 = 100,000)
How many codes did you receive? (4)
How many reservations did you have that were impacted? (1)
How many people were on your reservation? (4)
What was the nature of your disruption? (flight canceled the night before, unable to find a flight for days, rescheduled trip)
Wow! I had 6 on my reservation and only got one 25,000 point code. Did each person on your reservation get the code separately? Or did you get all 4 to your e-mail?

Wow! I had 6 on my reservation and only got one 25,000 point code. Did each person on your reservation get the code separately? Or did you get all 4 to your e-mail?
We received one email to the account we booked all four tickets on. I saw you mentioned you had a short delay. Our flight was canceled and there were no flights with SW out of our area for 5 or 6 days so our trip was not happening. I'm sure having a canceled flight vs a delay may affect what customers may receive. Many had it worse than us. I did complain a few times via online and through FB messenger. It took 4 phone calls and 9 1/2 hours to get our flights rebooked. We had errors trying to rebook our flights online. One call got disconnected at 3 hrs and 50 minutes.

We received one email to the account we booked all four tickets on. I saw you mentioned you had a short delay. Our flight was canceled and there were no flights with SW out of our area for 5 or 6 days so our trip was not happening. I'm sure having a canceled flight vs a delay may affect what customers may receive. Many had it worse than us. I did complain a few times via online and through FB messenger. It took 4 phone calls and 9 1/2 hours to get our flights rebooked. We had errors trying to rebook our flights online. One call got disconnected at 3 hrs and 50 minutes.

I was wondering if that might be the case. I'm certainly not complaining. We were minimally impacted and this is much more than I expected (which was nothing).

I was wondering if that might be the case. I'm certainly not complaining. We were minimally impacted and this is much more than I expected (which was nothing).
I'm guessing too. But my in-laws flight wasn't canceled and they had a much easier time rebooking and they received the same. I'm happy with the good-will gesture and I wasn't expecting that much compensation/reward. They still have yet to refund us $100 for one way of early bird. I submitted a ticket for that. Our original fare had to be refunded and repurchased because of the errors trying to rebook online. I did receive our refund in about 2-3 business days which I was happy with.

I'm guessing too. But my in-laws flight wasn't canceled and they had a much easier time rebooking and they received the same. I'm happy with the good-will gesture and I wasn't expecting that much compensation/reward. They still have yet to refund us $100 for one way of early bird. I submitted a ticket for that. Our original fare had to be refunded and repurchased because of the errors trying to rebook online. I did receive our refund in about 2-3 business days which I was happy with.

Thanks. Could you clarify? Did they get the same as me (one credit total) Or as you (one credit for each person)?

Did anyone get an e-mail today awarding southwest rapid rewards points as a "gesture of goodwill?"

I'm curious how much was awarded and how they determined how much to award. Would you be willing to answer the following questions? (My answers follow)

How many points did you get? (25,000)
How many codes did you receive? (1)
How many reservations did you have that were impacted? (1)
How many people were on your reservation? (6)
What was the nature of your disruption? (we only had a short delay)

No, I didn't receive anything. I had 2 flights cancelled on Dec. 26, so we decided to drive from BWI to Orlando. Did you submit anything to get these points? And are these in addition to the refunded points from the cancelled flights? We did receive the refunded points from the cancelled flights on Dec 26. Then we also cancelled the return flight on Jan 1 (since we drove there, had to drive home), and those points are back in our account too.

No, I didn't receive anything. I had 2 flights cancelled on Dec. 26, so we decided to drive from BWI to Orlando. Did you submit anything to get these points? And are these in addition to the refunded points from the cancelled flights? We did receive the refunded points from the cancelled flights on Dec 26. Then we also cancelled the return flight on Jan 1 (since we drove there, had to drive home), and those points are back in our account too.

We did nothing at all. The e-mail was sent to me out of the blue. We didn't make any complaints, phone calls, send any e-mails, or send any communication of any kind!

I did not receive an email, maybe because I submitted a ticket for hotel reimbursement? (No response on the ticket yet.) Our flight on 12/23 was canceled, then our rescheduled flight was canceled on 12/24. We finally got home on 12/26.

I did not receive an email, maybe because I submitted a ticket for hotel reimbursement? (No response on the ticket yet.) Our flight on 12/23 was canceled, then our rescheduled flight was canceled on 12/24. We finally got home on 12/26.
Maybe that is the pattern. I also submitted a ticket for hotel reimbursement and I did not receive an email. No response on our ticket yet either.

They might also be sending the e-mails in phases considering the large volume of people impacted.

They might also be sending the e-mails in phases considering the large volume of people impacted.
True. I haven't received an email for the cancellation on Dec. 26, maybe the people who received emails already had earlier flights. I also checked my SW RR account (in case I just didn't receive an email) and no points were added .

We haven’t been offered anything from SWA. No Luv vouchers, no 25,000 points. Zero. Zip. Nada.

My family of four spent 8 hours at MCO on 12/24 only to have our flight home from MCO cancelled after multiple delays. No notification … found out as rumors started to circulate at the gate after someone checked arrivals at GRR to see that our flight was listed as cancelled at GRR. Stood in long line at gate (no option to rebook online) to be told that the first flight they could get us on to GRR or DTW wouldn’t be until 12/28, so we had them rebook us on an evening flight to MDW on 12/25 and booked a rental car to get us back to GRR from MDW (we were already booked on afternoon flight on Frontier for 12/25 and figured the evening MDW flight/rental car would be a backup for the Frontier flight). Also told that our luggage was not retrievable and would be forwarded to GRR. Spent the night at the MCO Hyatt and successfully flew out on a non-stop Frontier flight from MCO to GRR on the afternoon of 12/25.

When arrived at GRR on evening of 12/25, went to SWA gate and had them cancel the rescheduled flight to MDW and return our points to our account (flight to MDW wound up getting cancelled anyway … received phone alerts at 2:00am and 5:00am on 12/26 with the cancellation alert … for a flight we were supposedly no longer booked on that was supposed to have occurred 6+ hours earlier). Asked gate agent about luggage and he told us to head to SWA luggage office … no worker there and directed to see a ticketing agent via sign on door … ticketing agent looked up bags and said they were still in Orlando.

It’s now been 10 days (yes, TEN) since our luggage was checked in at MCO and it’s still MIA. We’ve gone back to the SWA luggage office in GRR in person twice more since we arrived back home on 12/25, we’ve called, we’ve filled out the “let us help reunite you with your bags” form on SWA, we have emailed. Nothing. As of yesterday, we’ve been told that one bag is still at MCO and the other two are not showing up in the system (!!!).

I just feel so defeated. Nobody can help us or give us any answers or any timeframe or any explanation. I’ve been exceedingly polite and calm. I’ve wasted so much time and mental energy on these bags.

I currently do not trust SWA and am not sure I’d use any points IF they did offer me any … but the fact that they haven’t ticks me off even more.

So my parents qualified themselves for the previous promotional companion pass but is not showing up on their dashboard. Has anyone had previous experience with this?

So my parents qualified themselves for the previous promotional companion pass but is not showing up on their dashboard. Has anyone had previous experience with this?
I qualified for the promotional companion as well. I'm not seeing anything yet this morning.

I flew on Sunday; no delays or issues of any kind. It was my original reservation and never impacted by any of the problems of the past couple weeks. And I got the 25,000 point emails.

Southwest crushed my holiday plans. Multiple flights were cancelled, all on separate reservations for 4 people and so far no emails from Southwest. As I say to my kids “life isn’t fair”. ( It sure stinks being on the receiving end of that phrase. )

• Sad
Reactions: CJK
I wonder if the 25,000 points are only available to those who were flying revenue flights? (Not on points/companion passes)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter