Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Quick double check as I have never done this. My flights were booked RT with EBCI on opening day with points. If I change my flights (both legs are cheaper) I will get the excess points back in my account and my EBCI will not be changed? Do I do this through my RR account?

Quick double check as I have never done this. My flights were booked RT with EBCI on opening day with points. If I change my flights (both legs are cheaper) I will get the excess points back in my account and my EBCI will not be changed? Do I do this through my RR account?
Yes, you get the points back to your account. As for not changing your place in the EBCI "line,' as long as it's the same fight, you shouldn't lose your place. We're not 100% sure, but there is someone testing it.

Yes, you get the points back to your account. As for not changing your place in the EBCI "line,' as long as it's the same fight, you shouldn't lose your place. We're not 100% sure, but there is someone testing it.
Thanks, I remember doing this multiple times with rental cars in the past.

As long as you "change" and not cancel/rebook you will not lose your place is my understanding.

Hello everyone, hoping someone can help me figure out how to remove/change just one of the six people on my reservation. Turns out they cannot go so I want to cancel just their portion. Any tips?

Hello everyone, hoping someone can help me figure out how to remove/change just one of the six people on my reservation. Turns out they cannot go so I want to cancel just their portion. Any tips?

I don't have any experience with this, but my guess is that this something where you need to call and they can take care of this for you.

Have to call, they have to break apart the reservation, then cancel that person.

Thanks for the help @jcarwash and @EACarlson Ended up calling and was quick and easy. Assume to get the transferrable flight credit to book someone else, I need to wait 48 hours before canceling and booking the new person?

Thanks for the help @jcarwash and @EACarlson Ended up calling and was quick and easy. Assume to get the transferrable flight credit to book someone else, I need to wait 48 hours before canceling and booking the new person?
I think I know what you're asking but want to make sure. You were all booked on a WGA fare, you called, split and cancelled one traveler. Then used that credit to book a WGA+ fare so you can get a transferable credit? If I have that right, then yes, wait 48 hours before cancelling, you won't want the cancellation to go back to original payment.

I think I know what you're asking but want to make sure. You were all booked on a WGA fare, you called, split and cancelled one traveler. Then used that credit to book a WGA+ fare so you can get a transferable credit? If I have that right, then yes, wait 48 hours before cancelling, you won't want the cancellation to go back to original payment.
Yes, exactly what I am asking. Want to ensure the credit becomes transferrable to changing to a WGA+ fare to change to another traveler. Appreciate the reassurance :D

As long as you "change" and not cancel/rebook you will not lose your place is my understanding.
We're not quite sure about this. As shared, @Wood Nymph is conducting a test of this in April.

What we don't know is, if you 'change' your existing flight, do you go to the back of the current EBCI or, go to the back? We're hoping to learn this soon from experience above.

What would you do in the following scenario?

A) Nonstop flight Albany to MCO departing at 12:30pm and arriving at 3:25pm for $209. This airport is about 2.5 hours from our house.

B) Flight from Syracuse at 6:10am, change planes in Baltimore, to MCO at 11:35am for $164. This airport is around 1.5 hours from our house.

Cost isn’t a big factor because we have $200 vouchers to use for each of us.

Connecting flights make me a little nervous this day and age, but SW has a major hub in Baltimore so if by chance we were to miss our connecting flight then I’d think there would be a good chance we’d still get out that day. We also have a 4-year-old which makes flight disruptions all the more challenging.

Last edited:

A) Nonstop flight Albany to MCO departing at 12:30pm and arriving at 3:25pm. This airport is about 2.5 hours from our house.

B) Flight from Syracuse at 6:10am, change planes in Baltimore, to MCO at 11:35am. This airport is around 1.5 hours from our house.

Connecting flights make me a little nervous this day and age, but SW has a major hub in Baltimore so if by chance we were to miss our connecting flight then I’d think there would be a good chance we’d still get out that day. We also have a 4-year-old which makes flight disruptions all the more challenging.

Is there a price difference? I'd rather drive 2.5 hours and take a single 3 hour flight than drive 1.5 hours and spend 5 hours between flights and connections. The door-to-door time is much better from Albany before you even factor in the hassle of a connection.

(For what it's worth, I consider the hassle of a connection enough that I'll drive 2 hours to BWI when Philly is 20 minutes away if Philly doesn't have directs. In my mind drive -> single flight is much better than connecting!)

A) Nonstop flight Albany to MCO departing at 12:30pm and arriving at 3:25pm. This airport is about 2.5 hours from our house.

B) Flight from Syracuse at 6:10am, change planes in Baltimore, to MCO at 11:35am. This airport is around 1.5 hours from our house.

I would do A. I'll easily drive an extra hour to not have to deal with the connection. Even more so when B is going to require a hotel the night before.

Is there a price difference? I'd rather drive 2.5 hours and take a single 3 hour flight than drive 1.5 hours and spend 5 hours between flights and connections. The door-to-door time is much better from Albany before you even factor in the hassle of a connection.

(For what it's worth, I consider the hassle of a connection enough that I'll drive 2 hours to BWI when Philly is 20 minutes away if Philly doesn't have directs. In my mind drive -> single flight is much better than connecting!)
Yes there is a small price difference that I updated in my original post. But cost isn’t a huge factor because we each have $200 vouchers to use.

A) Nonstop flight Albany to MCO departing at 12:30pm and arriving at 3:25pm for $209. This airport is about 2.5 hours from our house.

B) Flight from Syracuse at 6:10am, change planes in Baltimore, to MCO at 11:35am for $164. This airport is around 1.5 hours from our house.

Personally, I only fly non-stop if at all possible.

With regard to the Southwest hub in Baltimore, there are as many as 13 non-stop flights a day from BWI to MCO.

If you didn't have the 4 year old I would have suggested the connection because it gets you in 4 hours earlier than the non-stop option. But with the 4 year old that early of a flight unless you lived much closer that's hard to do much less adding in connections. So while I wouldn't want the timing of the non-stop option I would select that option.

BWI is a focus city for SWA so it does open up options there just for future reference.

I would go with B. This is probably the first flight out so your plane and flight crew are going to be there which minimizes the chance of issues. I will almost always go with a nonstop, but the ability to get out earlier in the day would win for me.

I would choose "A" too. $200 SWA vouchers have already decided this for you, but there are regional airports serviced by Allegiant in upstate NY that are super easy to fly out of and direct to Sanford (which is also easy to fly into). They fly out of Plattsburgh, Newburgh, Elmira, as well as Albany and Syracuse. We have had very good luck with them (but there are plenty of disaster stories, since they have limited planes and routes). Sometimes, it's worth the risk for direct flights and easy airports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter