Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

It's my first time checking in at 24 hours this evening for our flight tomorrow and I'm feeling very nervous about it. I did watch the video someone posted above and I still have a few questions:

1. DD and I are on the same reservation, do I have to check us in separately?
2. Is it easier/faster to check in on the website or app?
3. I will be logged into my account a few minutes ahead of time, when it is exactly 24 hours, do I refresh and then the Check In button will appear?
4. Any other tips to share?

1. For the same reservation/confirmation number, you check in everyone on that confirmation at the same time. You'll both be listed.
2. I prefer using the website, but either should be fine. I've used the app when traveling.
3. Yes, the check-in button will appear on your account for that trip when you refresh.
4. Use time.gov to count down to the 24 hour mark.

Is anyone else unable to make flight changes or reservations this morning? when I go to SWA site it just shows everything other than my current flights as unavailable...

Having a slightly selfish moment-purchased early bird way back in October for my flight tomorrow. Logged in to get my boarding pass and got mid B. Tried to upgrade but there weren't anymore seats :( But it is April vacation week for us and no matter what we are on the flight and going to the Happiest Place to celebrate high school grad for my DD and my birthday!!

Is anyone else unable to make flight changes or reservations this morning? when I go to SWA site it just shows everything other than my current flights as unavailable...
I noticed problems with MCO flights this morning but it's working for me now

Would the flooding around FLL be affecting flights in MCO? I'm wondering if people are asking to move airports so they can try and get out?

Last edited:
Just snagged 1600 points back times 3 fliers for my August flights. Not the biggest fare reduction, but I'm hoping to stretch our current balance a little further than originally planned, so ever little bit helps!!

Would the flooding around FLL be affecting flights in MCO? I'm wondering if people are asking up move airports so they can try and get out?
We flew into MCO yesterday (from Boston on JetBlue not Southwest). Some groups boarded (including me) and then there was a delay. After boarding started up again, the announcement was that the delay was due to rebooking of passengers affected by the FLL closure. Seemed super strange that it happened mid boarding so I am still skeptical but could be.

Would the flooding around FLL be affecting flights in MCO? I'm wondering if people are asking up move airports so they can try and get out?
I believe it could be. Friends were supposed to fly to FLL yesterday as they're sailing on the Dream tomorrow. Their flight was cancelled but thankfully they were rebooked onto a flight today. I was looking for options for them yesterday and found a flight to Orlando they could have taken but they chose to wait for today's flight and I'm happy to say they're there. Flying in before a cruise is one reason I can see the FLL challenges affecting MCO flights.

I must say how much I love SW! Checked our August flights earlier today and found one was down $22 so quickly 'changed' it to secure the travel fund. Next checked the return flight and while it was a little more than what I'd paid, I was able to book a flight that leaves at 10:20AM rather than 6:10AM and is a direct flight rather than one with a stopover!

The only tiny challenge I originally faced was that we have multiple little bits of travel funds in our account from flight price fluctuations and the system was pulling a smaller travel fund and asking me to pay the difference. A quick call to SW and the agent was able to use 2 different travel funds to pay 100% of the difference in the flights!

Having a slightly selfish moment-purchased early bird way back in October for my flight tomorrow. Logged in to get my boarding pass and got mid B. Tried to upgrade but there weren't anymore seats :( But it is April vacation week for us and no matter what we are on the flight and going to the Happiest Place to celebrate high school grad for my DD and my birthday!!
I’m kinda worried about the same dilemma for my May trip in 2 weeks. I bought WGA tickets with EBCI for our return flight and plan to upgrade with my SWA credit card. Looking at that flight now, there aren’t even any WGA seats left to purchase so I’m guessing it’s going to be a full flight and upgrading might not be an option, in which case I’m going to be real sad about it like you.

Seems like most people here truly love southwest.

I booked a flight about a month ago for the end of July returning beginning of august. I do not get into Orlando until 10 at night on a Thursday. Our cruise leaves Saturday and we did want to play ant wdw on Friday. With all the setbacks Southwest has had lately I am considering changing airlines. Does anyone else have this concern?

I booked a flight about a month ago for the end of July returning beginning of august. I do not get into Orlando until 10 at night on a Thursday. Our cruise leaves Saturday and we did want to play ant wdw on Friday. With all the setbacks Southwest has had lately I am considering changing airlines. Does anyone else have this concern?
These days it seems any airline can have delays/setbacks.

After Christmas I had some reservations and did look at other airlines, but we stayed with Southwest. We just got back from our trip and 3 out of 4 of our legs were great. They were on time, if not a few minutes early. Our leg from Orlando to Baltimore was delayed for about 45 minutes. We were on the run way the whole time. Air Traffic Control was the ones that delayed us leaving. They were delaying all airlines not just Southwest. Something about storms in the area so they were not letting the planes leave as close together as they usually would.

This delay made us late for our connecting flight. We had boarding group 1 and 2 so it was a bummer. Thankfully there were about 22 other people on the plane that were on the same connecting flight so they held the plane. We were late leaving Baltimore but still got to CLE at the time we were originally were supposed to.

Anybody get an email about saving on buying points? They are offering 40, 45 or 50% off and I got the 50% but not sure it’s worth it to buy points still. If I use one of my Southwest credit cards to buy them, will I end up earning more points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter