Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Thanks y’all! Hoping not to have to upgrade. I was AMAZED that he got A23 boarding for his departure flight - I was on right at T-24 but still!! It has nothing to do with me being A list and buying his ticket with my points right? Maybe the flight is just really empty…

That is an amazing boarding position for not having EBCI. Must not be much traffic on RDU-MDW if less than 8 people were AL, AL+, bought Anytime tix or EBCI. Only other thing I could think of would be someone with that boarding position changed flights and you got incredibly lucky to check in at the right time.

Has anyone tried buying a southwest gift card with the Priority $75 travel credit. I won't be buying flights this year, was thinking that this would be a good alternative if it works

Has anyone tried buying a southwest gift card with the Priority $75 travel credit. I won't be buying flights this year, was thinking that this would be a good alternative if it works
That's how I used it last year. Just did another one today as my statement closed on the 3rd, so I can give you an additional confirmation in about a week once the charge clears.

Even cooler, last year I had a 10% up to $8 Chase offer and it credited me the $7.50 even though it wiped the charge. I happen to have the offer on the card again right now, so hoping for another double dip where Chase ends up paying me $7.50 to buy the $75 GC.

Can someone please remind me how many seconds after the 24 hour mark to wait before hitting the check-in button? The last few times we've tried to check-in right at the 24 hour mark or a second after we've gotten "it's too early to check in for your flight".

I always pull up the reservation in the app a minute or two before, then just keep refreshing until the button turns green.
Which screen and which button? Or does the screen you're referring to only show up a few minutes before? When I pull up the reservation I only see change, cancel, or upgrade my flights. I don't see anywhere on this screen to refresh- pulling down doesn't do anything either. Sorry, I normally go to the check in tab on the bottom and there's only the retrieve reservation button which is a yellow color right now. I don't see anyway to refresh this screen either.

Can someone please remind me how many seconds after the 24 hour mark to wait before hitting the check-in button? The last few times we've tried to check-in right at the 24 hour mark or a second after we've gotten "it's too early to check in for your flight".
I count 2 seconds and am still too early sometimes. But I’m probably counting faster than I intend to 😆

Which screen and which button? Or does the screen you're referring to only show up a few minutes before? When I pull up the reservation I only see change, cancel, or upgrade my flights. I don't see anywhere on this screen to refresh- pulling down doesn't do anything either. Sorry, I normally go to the check in tab on the bottom and there's only the retrieve reservation button which is a yellow color right now. I don't see anyway to refresh this screen either.
You're on the right screen. The button will only appear when it's time to check in. That's why I keep refreshing then, because it 'forces' the app to update right on time to bring up the check in button. You refresh the screen by pulling down from the top of the screen.

Reminder: the next schedule drop is this Thursday, Dec 14 for flights on August 5 through October 2, 2024.
Thanks for the reminder! These flights historically used to be released in February so they're early this year for sure! Will be up checking tomorrow morning, for our August flights.

Double post - we forgot to check in for our return flight from WDW last week. I was an hour late. We still managed to get B37! I was shocked.

I'm also sitting here eagerly awaiting the next drop. We're hopefully going to DL next August and I'm nervous to see how crazy the flights are - I'm so used to the cheap flights we can get down to Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter