• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I need to give Southwest some props... On Dec. 30 I was flying from Minneapolis to Charlotte with a layover in St. Louis. The flight from St. Louis to Charlotte ended up being delayed by over 2 hours. The next day I got an email apologizing and letting me know to be on the lookout for a Luv voucher. On Jan. 2, got a $50 voucher. Didn't pay for the hotel I ended up needing because it was too late to make the 3 hour drive through the mountains but...it was more than I was expecting.

Oh, and the delay was because the crew for the first flight on that specific plane that day (out of Baltimore) was somehow in Chicago and didn't make it to Baltimore for the very first flight of the day until an hour and 30 minutes late for take off.

Code WOW worked to lower my Feb 19 flight to MCO another $14, now down to $50, which is less than half of what it originally started out at.

I think SW WOW is time dependent. Our late morning flights increased. Good prices for the 6:30 am flight but I'm not sure it's worth it. LOL

I think SW WOW is time dependent. Our late morning flights increased. Good prices for the 6:30 am flight but I'm not sure it's worth it. LOL
It is, the fine print says the code is valid for "select" travel and that that seats/days are limited.

On my solo trips I always choose the 6 AM flight to MCO. Cheap, fast, no delays. The SW terminal at DCA is small with its own security area, and we only live about 10 minutes away. Coming home I used to take the last flight of the night, but now I come home in the afternoon. When I go with DH we take the 2nd morning non-stop, we're going on American points in April.

On my solo trips I always choose the 6 AM flight to MCO. Cheap, fast, no delays. The SW terminal at DCA is small with its own security area, and we only live about 10 minutes away. Coming home I used to take the last flight of the night, but now I come home in the afternoon. When I go with DH we take the 2nd morning non-stop, we're going on American points in April.
We do the same thing!

I'm maybe 35 minutes away and closer to Dulles, but I love that 6 a.m. SW flight even if it does mean leaving early in the morning in case of problems on I-66.

That flight has only been late once for us and that was right before that major 2022 spring break meltdown SW had. Just flew this flight on Dec 17 and it was a great experience. DH and my DD flew it a few days later with no issue.

I got $60 back after they released a sale, I think our price turned out to be $89 which wasn't bad considering everyone else was in the $100's and up for one way to MCO. We got $54 flights back home on Christmas night.

I've never booked SW before, we don't have their cc and we booked wanna get away. Is it still worth checking back to see if the fare on our tickets/flight drop? Also does how quickly we check in determine boarding group at all (we def didn't pay for priority boarding).

I've never booked SW before, we don't have their cc and we booked wanna get away. Is it still worth checking back to see if the fare on our tickets/flight drop? Also does how quickly we check in determine boarding group at all (we def didn't pay for priority boarding).

Yes to both questions.

It's worth checking to see if the price changes. You can change your reservation, choose the same flight, and generate a travel fund credit for a future trip.

If you didn't purchase Early Bird Check-In, then you will want to check in exactly 24 hours before your flight to get the best possible boarding positions.

Last edited:
We got over 9,000 points for two people back from one flight from BWI to KC for May, we got 1,200 points for 1 ticket (the other on a companion) for a few weeks from now in the first part of February for salt lake city to kc

Sigh. Woke up to this email. -

Earn double Rapid Rewards® points when you register by 1/14/2024, book between 1/12/2024 and 1/14/2024, and fly by 5/22/24.

There is a lot of fine print. So theoretically I can cancel and rebook my Feb flights (if the fare hasn't gone up) and get extra rewards on the flights. Not sure it's worth the trouble, I fly WGA which doesn't give much points to begin with. But perhaps someone can use it.

Asking a lot of my Disboard members, but have not flown SW in 10 years.
We are booked at Disney for mid April (school vaca week in MA) flying out of Boston. JB and Delta are crazy expensive.
Looking at BOS-MCO with a layover in BWI both ways. almost 2 hour lay over going down, 2 hours coming home which seems like plenty of time to me.
Wanna Get Away fare

Plan to buy EBCI for all 5 of us. My SIL has a permanently damaged ankle, will be need a doctors note to preboard? He has been cleared for the trip as long as we rent a scooter at Disney.

anything I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

April 2022 only paid $240 rt non stop on JB as they added more flights about 60 days out. don't expect that again.

Asking a lot of my Disboard members, but have not flown SW in 10 years.
We are booked at Disney for mid April (school vaca week in MA) flying out of Boston. JB and Delta are crazy expensive.
Looking at BOS-MCO with a layover in BWI both ways. almost 2 hour lay over going down, 2 hours coming home which seems like plenty of time to me.

Plan to buy EBCI for all 5 of us. My SIL has a permanently damaged ankle, will be need a doctors note to preboard? He has been cleared for the trip as long as we rent a scooter at Disney.

anything I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

April 2022 only paid $240 rt non stop on JB as they added more flights about 60 days out. don't expect that again.
SWA defines pre-boarding as "Preboarding is available for Customers with disabilities who need a specific seat to accommodate a disability, need assistance boarding the aircraft, or need to stow an assistive device."

Touring Disney (a theme park) with a scooter, regardless of the reason, does not mean they qualify or have the need for pre-boarding with an airline. This is specific to an individual person and their situation.

To answer your question about a doctor's note, no it is not required. Here is what SWA advises:
"A Customer Service Agent at the ticket counter or the departure gate can help with this accommodation, and you'll be asked questions to determine if you qualify. You'll receive a new boarding pass marked with PRBD if you qualify, which lets the Operations Agent at boarding know that you can preboard. Remember that you can't occupy an exit seat if you preboard.

One travel companion may preboard with you. If you feel you need an exception to this, please discuss your needs with a Customer Service Agent at the gate when requesting preboarding.

If you're preboarding because you need a specific seat, speak with the Operations Agent after getting your new boarding pass but before preboarding starts.

Customers with disabilities who simply need a little extra time to board or otherwise do not qualify for preboarding may board between the "A" and "B" groups, before Family Boarding. A Customer Service Agent at the ticket counter or departure gate can give you a new boarding pass marked with XT, which lets the Operations Agent at boarding know that you can board before Family Boarding."

https://www.southwest.com/help/accessible-travel-assistance/assistance-at-the-airport

Why does it always take SWA so long to make flights available for November/December?

They have flights available through early October available now, they were available at the end of December I think. 10 months out.

December, however, is made available each year in May or June. Why aren't they able to release these earlier like the others?

Why does it always take SWA so long to make flights available for November/December?

They have flights available through early October available now, they were available at the end of December I think. 10 months out.

December, however, is made available each year in May or June. Why aren't they able to release these earlier like the others?
I will say Aug, Sep flights were released VERY early this year. Normally I book these in mid-late February and this year they released them in December. Had to scramble to find funds to cover flights. I would much prefer they release them later as they did until this past release.

Flights up to Nov 2 are due to be released Feb 8 which again is much earlier than in the past.

I'd recommend using the extra time to save money as our Aug flights in 2024 were more than 3x the price we paid in 2023!! I kinda regret buying them but I did spur of the moment so now I have to hope they drop to save credits for next time.

Is there a list of when certain tickets are historically released? I’m wondering when Mar 2025 might be released based on historical dates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter