Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Hello! I am flying out of Milwaukee in a couple weeks with a 5:05am departure. I just realized I have to check my bags and don’t know what time they will open for that. Online says 2 hours before first departure but in the past that hasn’t always been true in my experiences! So does anyone know for sure?
I fly out of MKE often and, while I certainly would say to give yourself the full 2 hours, one thing to keep in mind is that MKE is not a 24-hour airport. So, to @EACarlson 's point, there aren't flights leaving before a certain time which means the likelihood of there being backups is much less than later in the day.

By example, we flew out of MKE in December (a known busy time of the year) for a 6:30 departure time. We had 2 checked bags and go through regular TSA. Looking at the time stamps of photos I took that morning, We arrived at the airport around 5:00 (we parked in the structure), were in line for TSA by 5:25, and in terminal C by 5:35. I do recall that baggage check was notably slow that day, they only had a couple of workers taking bags.

WN742 is the first flight of the day out of the airport. Next is a DL flight to ATL and a SW flight to DEN both at 0545. I would have no problem walking in to MKE at 0400. But man did I appreciate it when WN742 was an 0700 flight rather than 0505. I flew it last month and had the uber pick me up at my hotel at 0510, was through bag drop and security by 0540 and had enough time for a breakfast pizza at Pizzaria Piccola before boarding at 0630. Another thing to remember, there will always be a line when the counter opens, that dissipates very quickly once it does open. There is no functional difference if you show up to the counter at 0305 or 0325. But instead of waiting in line, you'll walk right up to the counter.

We are going to be flying into LGA and we are a bit nervous about it. Is this airport easy to navigate? We are flying Delta for this trip.

I was excited to see the SPLASH sale. Until I realized our April fare late morning went from 170 to 286!

We are going to be flying into LGA and we are a bit nervous about it. Is this airport easy to navigate? We are flying Delta for this trip.
Delta has its own terminal section. Just follow the signs. If you are going into the city you will need to get a taxi, ride share, or private car. There is a bus you can take then transfer to the subway.

Is this a serious post???

I'm confident it can't be a serious post
It's a somewhat joking post that points out that what a local may call the airport is not what everyone else calls the airport. Everywhere outside of the KC metropolitan area, the airport is known as MCI as that's the airport code. Locals in Orlando call MCO, OIA.

It's a somewhat joking post that points out that what a local may call the airport is not what everyone else calls the airport. Everywhere outside of the KC metropolitan area, the airport is known as MCI as that's the airport code. Locals in Orlando call MCO, OIA.
I don't think you need to mansplain my own area (I'm well aware of the history behind MCI code and KCI name) nor presume others lack knowledge. KCI is not just referred to it as that only in the KC metro area but that is the main way of referring to it around here.

I've been on this thread for years and have always referred to it by KCI. It's rather rude and patronizing of you, and no it's not a joke. When I am unfamiliar with an airport listed by someone (as what happens with various posts over the years here on this thread) I google it rather than decide to do what you did. Please refrain from doing this in the future, I would greatly appreciate it, Thanks and no reply needed

A reminder for Southwest's next release for those traveling over the holidays. (Pretty sure it moved up from 3/28)
We are currently accepting air reservations through November 2, 2024. On March 21, 2024, we will open our schedule for sale through January 6, 2025. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

A reminder for Southwest's next release for those traveling over the holidays. (Pretty sure it moved up from 3/28)
We are currently accepting air reservations through November 2, 2024. On March 21, 2024, we will open our schedule for sale through January 6, 2025. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
Thank you so much for this! I had it on my calendar for March 28!

Thank you- how do you find these announcements? I need to book for around the 8th (of course lol)

Thank you- how do you find these announcements? I need to book for around the 8th (of course lol)
Don’t worry that’s usually how we get treated by SW too lol. I really want to book a flight but then you find out you have to wait until the next schedule release as you missed it by 2-3 days.

I think I’ve called SWA at least 4 times in the last week to modify for points dropping on my Labor Day weekend flights. Every day or two this week it dropped 100-500 points and so far since my original booking I’ve gotten 5,900 RR points back on this flight. Can’t complain about that. I’m still hoping they drop some more between now and then. 😊

Thanks for the info. I've found that the release dates aren't usually the cheapest flights, but it is fun to begin the price watch. :) I've got a lot of travel funds and will have more rewards points by June. Our next planned flight after June is December, so plenty of time to shop. :)

QUESTION: do flight schedules typically change when the new fare calendar is released?

October has crummy times for us to fly direct with SW. (like 5 am or late evening). Times are better for summer flights. we are going in November and I’m hoping the direct flights will be better times.

Thanks for any insight!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter