~Practically Perfect In Every Way~ 8/18-8/28 at The Polynesian!

Great update!

Wow! Disney Springs is going to blow me away, it's almost unrecognizable! Those desserts look amazing…I'm definitely going to hit that place when we go!

Love your Poly room pics :love: Your view was gorgeous!

Enjoying your trip report!

I've only been to the Poly to eat at Ohana and Kona Café. It really is a beautiful resort.

Disney Springs just blows me away with how large it's become. I remember my first visit there in 1985 and it required no more than a couple hours.

All signed up!
I'm going to have to stop reading this at work because there are so many photos that it slowed my whole network down!!:) :-)

Great update!

Wow! Disney Springs is going to blow me away, it's almost unrecognizable! Those desserts look amazing…I'm definitely going to hit that place when we go!

Love your Poly room pics :love: Your view was gorgeous!
I know! Even in the last few years they've made so many changes. From the looks of it, there's a lot more coming, too!
Amorette's was delicious. I definitely recommend the Mickey Mousse! It's adorable, and so good!

Enjoying your trip report!

I've only been to the Poly to eat at Ohana and Kona Café. It really is a beautiful resort.

Disney Springs just blows me away with how large it's become. I remember my first visit there in 1985 and it required no more than a couple hours.
It's definitely grown so much! I still call it Downtown Disney, and picture it as just the Marketplace, West side, and Pleasure Island.
How did you like Kona Cafe? We disn'y eat there this trip, but the restaurant looked beautiful!

All signed up!
I'm going to have to stop reading this at work because there are so many photos that it slowed my whole network down!!:) :-)
:blush: Oh jeesh, I'm so sorry!!! DH made fun of me for how many photos I took, but I love looking at photos in TR's. He'll laugh so much at me if i tell him I'm bogging down networks! Sorry about that! :lmao:

DAY 2: MAGIC KINGDOM
We woke up bright and early for Early Morning Magic. I was so excited to ride the monorail. I do like that the security is now at the resort, rather than MK's entrance. It makes for way less hassle at the park. The only time I wasn't crazy about it, was when going to Epcot. We had to go through security at the resort, and then again when we got to the park. Small price to pay though for feeling safer while at the parks I guess. So no complaints here.

nfSOUsH.jpg

WgUZjDn.jpg

pueVklt.jpg

d1awapc.jpg

We made our way over to the lobby, and headed to the 2nd floor where the monorail picks up.

N3VzJXG.jpg

6EDRETF.jpg

yWLPSd0.jpg

jwx2tqj.jpg

I snapped shome photos along the way

NI0LdJ0.jpg

6Yw4Sgm.jpg

zk6NpcX.jpg

dbNgWXe.jpg

EFyfCA5.jpg

And of course, a selfie

EuJaykM.jpg

As you can tell, we were excited!

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
:blush: Oh jeesh, I'm so sorry!!! DH made fun of me for how many photos I took, but I love looking at photos in TR's. He'll laugh so much at me if i tell him I'm bogging down networks! Sorry about that! :lmao:

It was so funny... I was trying to have a sneaky read, and my colleague (there are only two of us in the office) looked up and said "is your internet really slooooooooooow?"
I was like "erm... noooooo..." whilst sneakily turning the Dis off, then she went "ohh hang, on, its just picked right up again"!! Paha!! Oops!

We arrived at MK before we knew it. Staying at a monorail resort is just so convenient!

FtB8BBs.jpg

XXWmbkU.jpg

sXMyiKq.jpg

ZxIPvsH.jpg

ZZJifEc.jpg

We checked in for the event, and received paper bracelets. We were let in a few minutes early, and made our way down Main Street. I just love the feeling of walking down Main Street in the morning. It smells wonderful, I feel like I'm in a different era, and I'm just filled with excitement with the whole day ahead of me. :love:

0ijK1bq.jpg

v9dSfZz.jpg

wximQ49.jpg

mMVBaoz.jpg

kMEWKB8.jpg

vyCa7mN.jpg

zeie3fx.jpg

dXzNUfx.jpg

r7qzLxP.jpg

bAE1yEP.jpg

For some reason, the castle was roped off, and they directed us through Liberty Square to get to Fantasy Land

3VhsehS.jpg

9r2EB9F.jpg

RQtrqpx.jpg

vs3AnOA.jpg

jh2HO8Z.jpg

9nOchs9.jpg

l0snk8a.jpg

6pzI1Bi.jpg

HXsJG8L.jpg

I9yYHkL.jpg

Z8CZoLL.jpg

dHKhhN5.jpg

pliOK4G.jpg

FvFKPKZ.jpg

zJJm52F.jpg

PYiE78S.jpg

t4jdTEz.jpg

pPJcthZ.jpg

We rode 7DMT a few times, and Peter Pan. Then we headed over for Breakfast.

w7QiOUm.jpg

nl43sMJ.jpg

Just like last year, they have a wonderful set up. It's relaxed, cast members are so friendly, and the food is great. When I ask DH what his favorite meal of the trip was, he actually says this breakfast!

Jda7LTA.jpg

fpNHFu7.jpg

KCTDbFX.jpg

TMXNbLe.jpg

Lnom3T5.jpg

0lpcfIQ.jpg

OPLT8o0.jpg

FsXIRu2.jpg

DudDZRo.jpg

nm0vesC.jpg

uB9ZAEq.jpg

gOaqaaN.jpg

pOEJOdC.jpg

xDQGaqk.jpg

H4p8eCV.jpg

igKA2aH.jpg

AFejU10.jpg

How cute are these??
xU4B45T.jpg

UWYMhxx.jpg

CMH5fpX.jpg

Bm2rhdK.jpg

RRhQYnH.jpg

When we were done eating, we had some time to kill before park opening, so we rode Winnie the Pooh, then headed over to Tomorrowland to rope drop Space Mountain.

iuynjaZ.jpg

nnOPyRw.jpg

LcRWYse.jpg

U7N1sXr.jpg

zreI30m.jpg

2nWfcnR.jpg

O4oV7x8.jpg

bgdrhYD.jpg

4u14XK5.jpg

nSIjMMY.jpg

Uhpi4Zs.jpg

i47agX4.jpg

0G3YXwg.jpg

LLzEkLk.jpg

P8DxfNz.jpg

mMsIMaG.jpg

3nfya1n.jpg

zoaMrrP.jpg

3UW8BW0.jpg

gESQJxz.jpg

Pi7s0RD.jpg

eZhf10W.jpg

We were ahead of the crowds, and went stright to Space Mountain, and the line was already ridiculous.

5s1zDln.jpg

mNr7P71.jpg

FggBBss.jpg

h8tFft5.jpg

nEeeuLq.jpg

I do love the queue for this ride though, so it was all good!

F5zPDIX.jpg

3NhDDQU.jpg

A4A1PVs.jpg

Next, we rode Buzz Lightyear, and I got a red card!
UAvBJLb.jpg

thbaAJH.jpg

KeQ7yLH.jpg

pmwsnuY.jpg

iLgY15y.jpg

FRpBHUS.jpg

ibZ13V8.jpg

cKWhi2d.jpg

I am terrible at this game. Terrible.

dVUGW2S.jpg

We stopped at Cosmic Ray's for some water. Most QS restaurants now just have a water jug out with small cups, so you don't even have to ask.

GbmE6J6.jpg

gEE6XeH.jpg

I'm so obsessed with this light in the bathroom, I had to take pictures. I want one for my home sooo badly.

X1CPavK.jpg

i2EQz0r.jpg

We crossed through Fantasyland, and did Philharmagic

SylmrQL.jpg

LIJ7vDh.jpg

cqsMDDj.jpg

After that, we made our way back over to Liberty Square to do Haunted Mansion, and visit the Christmas shop. I was on the hunt for new Christmas ornaments. I was hoping they'd have a Moana figurine to add to my collection, but they didn't.

4YvqHZZ.jpg

20g0Z80.jpg

T2kqSpZ.jpg

nq9taSw.jpg

MnRALk7.jpg

0yeBGwj.jpg

mDvLCzH.jpg

lI74gos.jpg

Sy5nTX3.jpg

DvoCUqc.jpg

EdW5mst.jpg

hfoFhxM.jpg

6XjO4nB.jpg

2iJd5W1.jpg

9SGDObV.jpg

iOmVBgt.jpg

EFyqUmT.jpg

Y87rzEn.jpg

9SXkAnp.jpg

NFkIis7.jpg

I purchased these 2:

NNwJz47.jpg

And we caught some of the new Muppets show in Liberty Square. It was cute.

wUCqSnD.jpg

zzjwVUm.jpg

b832uxr.jpg

Last edited:
It was so funny... I was trying to have a sneaky read, and my colleague (there are only two of us in the office) looked up and said "is your internet really slooooooooooow?"
I was like "erm... noooooo..." whilst sneakily turning the Dis off, then she went "ohh hang, on, its just picked right up again"!! Paha!! Oops!
:rotfl2:How funny! That is definitely something I would do! In fact, I'm working right now while updating :rolleyes1 Luckily, I work from home though!

Following! Your Travel Day post had me rolling

It was here that I realized we're the same person :rotfl:
Love the pictures of the Poly! Its a bucket list item for us! Cant wait to see more!
Ha! I was definitely on cloud 9. Our bus driver was teasing me for bouncing in my seat.:hyper: I think they were about to take my coffee from me! I knew I couldn't be the only one who gets that excited! :cool1:

We headed to lunch at Columbia Harbour House, which was absolutely packed, due to poor planning on my part. We always try to do lunch at 11, before the crowds hit, and it works well for us. But we were behind schedule a bit, so hit lunch right at 12. :scared1: It was ok though, we made it through the line, and had a delicious (as usual) lunch there. DH got The Anchors Away (tuna) sandwich, and I got the platter that comes with chicken, fish, and shrimp. I couldn't decide which I wanted, and it's only a few dollars more to get all 3, so what the heck.

63IFjf5.jpg

AVZQfoc.jpg

SFKuSfq.jpg

aiWh0Rp.jpg

x7I48Uq.jpg

After lunch, we went to Adventureland and Frontierland and rode some more rides.

d9UNxUK.jpg

1evjO2U.jpg

pWYNAAH.jpg

Mk24GL2.jpg

yGPU11u.jpg

ISOfQkO.jpg

Oeq2lhB.jpg

FnjGWrE.jpg

wEBqc6u.jpg

Bz3Hbe0.jpg

When we were done, we headed back out to Main Street to hit The Emporium, and Starbucks

kL6J1yb.jpg

uIe8KWO.jpg

lsTdlnG.jpg

ymO0LOT.jpg

sAICuTl.jpg

VPFxmEp.jpg

zJQdwGk.jpg

I made a few purchases:

Kw7x3mq.jpg

Ew4qmUd.jpg

I was determined to collect all of the "You are here" collection from each park!

DwUBN8J.jpg

aggG5es.jpg

aggG5es.jpg

RJH1p0z.jpg

At the emporium, I purchased a puzzle, calendar, and really cool Stitch cup
Uy9Rg8S.jpg

NCFtIZO.jpg

4Lk7UQD.jpg

We had our purchase delivered to the resort (I'm not quite sure why, since we were headed back to the resort to take a break), and the cast member offered to send our Starbucks purchase as well, which was super sweet of her. So we had everything shipped to the resort.
Then, we made our way to the monorail, the head back to the resort.

y0JZMGQ.jpg

YD5zsTV.jpg

QhPRi61.jpg

DMnfyJh.jpg

EAUwLmX.jpg

oePsOAj.jpg

87hkYWM.jpg

We decided to stop by Tambu Lounge for a drink, and relax for a bit.

j4Xaq3G.jpg

NHI5IP4.jpg

JyfUOeR.jpg

kD0ewzW.jpg

JHPKs6R.jpg

YQv7Lvn.jpg

XpugasG.jpg

BFDw3IR.jpg

1jsSzV5.jpg

xhBT9qZ.jpg

IhOOKfy.jpg

rDLruKb.jpg

mElP4vf.jpg

I5swg2X.jpg

0pigmvK.jpg

gUxSAU5.jpg

FFlOw1Q.jpg

8HKtfaz.jpg

vFhvXyq.jpg

ECSdq84.jpg

DH ordered a Bloody Mary, I believe, and I got the Lapu Lapu. For those of you that like Lapu Lapus, try scraping the sides of the pineapple with the straw (downward) and then take a sip. You get little chunks of pineapple in your drink!

We headed back to the room to rest.

NwNH2w6.jpg

4qav8T5.jpg

pkMo2ld.jpg

hx2p5F9.jpg

WlBQteN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/r7x8olv.jpg[/img

DH took a quick nap, while I freshened up and watched some TV. I know I've said it already, but being on the monorail line really feels so convenience. I don't know how much quicker it is than the bus, but it really felt like we were just a moment away.

Up next: Dinner at Be Our Guest

Your photos are really good! They're such a pick me up on this long Tuesday after a holiday weekend!

That breakfast looked fantastic! They sure didn't skimp on the food, which is nice to see. Glad you were able to ride 7DMT several times.

I could just lose my mind in that Christmas store. I want it all!

Your photos are really good! They're such a pick me up on this long Tuesday after a holiday weekend!

That breakfast looked fantastic! They sure didn't skimp on the food, which is nice to see. Glad you were able to ride 7DMT several times.

I could just lose my mind in that Christmas store. I want it all!
The food is actually really great, which is surprising for an "included" breakfast buffet. They really put a lot of effort into it, and there's a lot of food options. And I am the same way with Christmas items! Especially Disney! I collect character ornaments, so I always have to buy a few.:goodvibes

Fantastic report. Thanks for taking the time to post it!
Thank you so much! I get to relive our trip so I enjoy writing it!

Wow! Those pictures of an empty MK are amazing :love::love::love:

Totally makes me want to look into EMM for when we go next April! I don't think I realized that breakfast was included (which looked really yummy!), but then, I never really thought about going. Thanks for putting this on my radar!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter