Pray for baby "J"

Thank you for the prayers. Home Depot donated chain link fence so we can get the back yard fenced in to assist in care for their two dogs. This way it will take less help from others as the dogs can hang out in the yard some while they are gone for chemo or surgery. If you need any home supplies think Home Depot!!! Does anyone have any easy fundraising ideas??? They need a new ac and thought of trying to raise the money to help pay medical bills so they can afford the new unit.

So..no need to worry about the cost for a new ac unit as someone from their church anonymously offered to pay for the WHOLE thing!!! Yay and I got lowe's to sell us the rest of the fence supplies at cost so that project was completed for $275!! Blood counts needed to be at least 90,000 for surgery and his were 246,000...all I can say is prayer works. This child is like a super hero.

That is wonderful!!! The power of prayer is remarkable. I am so happy to read this great updates. He remains in my daily prayers.:hug:

Thank you once again for updating us. :grouphug:

We found out that it is neuroblastoma today and they will be deciding what route to take for treatment in the next few days. There is a good survival rate with this type of cancer in children of baby j's age, so we are hopeful. The fact that people all around are praying for him is such a blessing. I am sure the parents appreciate every single one!

Many, many prayers for the baby! No child or family should ever experience a situation like this.

I know that the family will hear from the doctor of how well children handle the treatments, and it is so true.

I have spent the last year going through this with my daughter, it was the toughest year of my life. But with strength and prayers, she made it through and is now in remission.

So glad to hear that your daughter is in remission and can not wait until the day I can say the same for our friends baby. I know it is just around the corner!!

Surgery has been scheduled for May 8th so they will be recovering for mother's day. Hoping that biopsy of 2nd adrenal gland comes back cancer free so he will not have to lose both. He is teething and has a cold on top of chemo so you can imagine that it is exhausting on their end right now. Thank you for your continued prayers and if you can pray for this upcoming event my family and theirs will really appreciate it.

As someone who's facing the possible loss of both adrenal glands due to another type of tumor, just know that it's possible to live a normal, active healthy life if he loses both. He can grow and be strong and participate in almost anything he would chose to do. I'm even contemplating a return to ice hockey if I have to have this done, so anything is possible.

Kids are resilient. They bounce back pretty fast.

Brain surgery is an interesting ride. I just had my own 5 weeks ago. I honestly had less pain with it than with all 3 of my shoulder surgeries and my ankle reconstruction. There are supposedly less nerve endings, which in turn causes less pain according to one of the neurosurgery fellows that took care of me. You'll be surprised how fast they get him up and moving too. Probably the very next day.

He'll come through it with flying colors. You'll see. Lots of hugs and good luck. :grouphug:

Thinking of you all as he prepares for surgery, I will keep him in my prayers, please do let us know how everything turns out..

Surgery will begin tomorrow morning at 7...it will take the best part of the day. I am going to have to remind myself to breathe all day. Not sure how his parents will be able to stand the wait. Please pray for his medical team and family.

Praying for Baby J today during his surgery and for a good recovery...
I told my DD11 about this special little guy and she said she would say a prayer intention for him today in school, where her whole class will pray for him! (Private school...)

Thank you so much for your prayers and as always they are working!!! Surgery went great and the aby lost less than two thimble fulls of blood. The doctor feels as though he got all the cancer and said this was pretty easy for him as most of it was dead from the chemo. Baby J is recovering in a nearby hospital's PICU. From all reports he is resting comfortably and looks great. They decided to wait on doing anuthing with the second adrenal gland and said that they think it is going to be fine. Thank you a gain for the continued prayers the family appreciates every single one!!!

Thank you so much for your prayers and as always they are working!!! Surgery went great and the aby lost less than two thimble fulls of blood. The doctor feels as though he got all the cancer and said this was pretty easy for him as most of it was dead from the chemo. Baby J is recovering in a nearby hospital's PICU. From all reports he is resting comfortably and looks great. They decided to wait on doing anuthing with the second adrenal gland and said that they think it is going to be fine. Thank you a gain for the continued prayers the family appreciates every single one!!!

Thankful to read this update...They remain in my prayers...:grouphug:

And :hug: to you to continue to keep us updated. :flower3:

What wonderful news! He is such a little trooper and fighter for sure.

Just wondering if he is at Columbia/Morgan Stanley Childrens now? My friends dd is there awaiting a heart transplant.

Continued prayers for Baby J and the family.

Super J strikes again!!!!! Surgery was last friday and today he is on his way home!!!!! They said he would be there at least 2 weeks but apparently super heroes do not follow doctors timelines. God is good and baby J is a super hero!!!! We can not believe the amazing resilience of this little guy.

Our friends said that he was at NY presbyterian for his SHORT picu stay. Prayers for your friends daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter