Prayer and Pixie Dust needed please.....

MommytoMJM

Disney is a lifestyle!
Hi Guys, MJ has been having bad autism days (as opposed to a bad seizure or CP day for instance) for a couple weeks now, but today is off the scale horrible...I woke up with a migraine and she has been crying non stop all day...I gave her her meltdown meds but they aren't working....I know that this isn't ususally the kind of thing that warrants prayer and pixie dust, but I really feel like I am about to lose it, I have been on the verge of tears for hours now.... Thanks for listneing.....

Lots of prayers and pixie dust to you! I have read many of your posts and I am so impressed with you . I have a granddaughter who is autistic and I am amazed at all of you mothers who are such great advocates for your children. Good luck to you and God bless you!

Sending prayers and Pixie Dust to you and MJ :hug:
It sounds as though you are having a hard time at the moment. I often read your posts and you sound such a loving mom. Will be thinking of you and hope you and MJ are both feeling better :grouphug: .

My DS has autism as well and some days are so much worse than others.

sending some pixie dust your way.....my daughter sounds similar to yours.....I feel your frustration!
Joan

HUGE BAGS OF PIXIE DUST are sprinkled your way...along w/ hugs and warm wishes!
My Vinny has had a bad autism day too. He's fighting off a cold that seems to be going around his school. Not feeling up to snuff he cried all morning at Pre-K so they asked me to come get him. I did and when he saw me he stopped fussing and became all smiles and hugs. So he got to spend the rest of the day with me. (Incidentally it's my b-day today. :rotfl: ) I let him " buy" me lunch. I gave him the money and (with prompting) he handed it to the waiter. LOL!

Anyways, we all have good and bad days w/ our kids. More Hugs and Dust fr you.

Sara

:grouphug: and prayers and pixie dust to you.
This is one of those days when dh comes home from work and takes over, I know when I've had those struggling and bad days, it's nice when dh gets home and then I say "I'm off duty!"

Rosemarie :flower:

roseprincess said:
:grouphug: and prayers and pixie dust to you.
This is one of those days when dh comes home from work and takes over, I know when I've had those struggling and bad days, it's nice when dh gets home and then I say "I'm off duty!"

Rosemarie :flower:

Waaahhhhh, he won't be home until 2 am....he works swing shifts.....and to top it off, my upstairs neighbor has taken up the bongo drums and is out on his patio banging away.....sigh!!!

:grouphug: for you and MJ. You should video tape the Tarzan show, maybe watching it sometimes, since she loves it so much, might help her?

By the way, PM me your addy and I will try to get that CD of Irish Dance music out to you. It can be a great distraction sometimes...maybe it will work once in a while for you.

Beth

I'll PM you, thanks! Sadly, we do have the Tarzan show and a few other things taped, even those didn't work, I ended up having to give her drugs which I hate cause now she'll be up all night ARGH!!!!!

BTW, I downloaded the pics of us together, if you sned me your email I will send them to you, it was so nice to meet you!

prayers and pixie dust headed your way!
Any idea what is bothering her? Could the neighbor be bothering her with the drumming? I wish I could help you! My ds has had some very bad days also! :guilty: It WILL get better.

I was only able to get on the boards sporatically today (have to work sometimes).
Anyway, I will send prayers and pixie dust to you right now. I hope that things improved since your last post though and that what I send isn't needed (that doesn't quite sound right, but I think you know what I meant).

:grouphug: :flower: :grouphug:

Just read this post and am hoping today is a better one. I think all Mom's can relate to having a bad/horrible day. I'll never forget one year having the flu when 5 out of my 6 children also had the chicken pox ( child #1 had it first and shared the magic!). My husband and I were "therapeutic foster parents" so we normally had two foster children at one time ( loved our big family!). Since these children were already special needs with both physical and emotional concerns, it wasn't easy when they were sick too. Now they all remember that time Mom had them all laying in the den on the floor on nap mats/blow-up beds slathered with Calamine lotion while Disney videos played continuously and Mom groaned on the sofa. I'm wondering if MJ was just having sympathy pains for you with your migraine and is just extra sensitive to knowing something in her world wasn't "right". Sending gallons of pixie dust to you for a better day today and throughout the week, both for you and MJ.
Kathy

Well, wish I could say that today was better....sigh. STILL have my migraine, MJ had severe issues at OT and is still melting down.....sigh. I feel like I am never going to get a handle on things.........

Maybe there is someone on this website that can help with migranes. It must be awful to have to deal with that on top of everything else. Good luck.

MommytoMJM said:
Well, wish I could say that today was better....sigh. STILL have my migraine, MJ had severe issues at OT and is still melting down.....sigh. I feel like I am never going to get a handle on things.........

I am so sorry you are having such a bad week. I will pray for peace and quite in your home, for the pain you are having to be removed and that God's loving hand touches MJ with peace and tranquility.

I have migraines and drugs, ice on the back of my neck and forehead and caffine is the only things I have found to work.

Sending you my best and prayer.

Angel

Big hugs, lots of prayers and pixie dust. I am praying that tonight brings peace and rest for everyone. I pray you wake up with your migraine gone and a peaceful day for MJ.

Hang in there...I'm off to work today but you'll still be in my prayers for a well deserved "good day". I can't imagine dealing with migraines- I've had one in my entire life and that was more than enough! Being a mom though I know you're more worried about MJ than you are for yourself- hopefully you'll find out why she's having the meltdowns. Kathy

I am so sorry to hear about your bad days with your child! The past 4 weeks have been real tough with my autistic ds as well. Thankfully, things are finally getting back to place. HAng in there..I will think of you often today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter