• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prayers Please UPDATE

Your daughter and your family have my prayers. A friend of mine who is a cancer survivor says that keeping a fighting spirit is essential, so she has a huge leg up!

Prayers and the best of thoughts for your daughter and you and your whole family!

Sayhello

Adding my prayers and loads of pixie dust to your daughter and to your family.pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I'll keep her, and the others mentioned in this thread, in my prayers.

In the meantime, let me give you something concrete: a wonderful community of Breast Cancer survivors here on the Disboards. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2833381&highlight=gagwta

When I faced my mastectomy, reconstruction and radiation, I got lots of prayers and good wishes, flowers and even dinner for my family for a week.

But the women (and a few men) on that thread have walked in Jennifer's shoes, and yours too. They'll have the concrete advice on what to ask, where to look, and what to look out for. They know the nuts and bolts that only a survivor can know.

Whether or not Jennifer knows or cares about Disney, please point her to that thread.

Again, prayers for her and for your family as you get through this together.

(For what it's worth, my mastectomy was 5 1/2 years ago, and I'm now healthy as a horse!)

Thank you for this post....all the information we can get will help. At this point, we are all in a fog not knowing what is next.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. The not knowing is the rough part right now. She had the MRI today and will get the results from that on Wednesday. From there, we will know the treatment plan. They did assure her that this is fixable and that's what I keep telling myself. Jennifer is overall in good spirits (she has her moments) and is keeping a positive outlook. I will keep everyone posted as we go forward.

Again, thank you all so very much.

I just celebrated 15 years cancer free. I was also young, 35 when diagnosed and younger women were not surviving then as they are now. There are lots of new treatments out there every day. Big hugs.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. The not knowing is the rough part right now. She had the MRI today and will get the results from that on Wednesday. From there, we will know the treatment plan. They did assure her that this is fixable and that's what I keep telling myself. Jennifer is overall in good spirits (she has her moments) and is keeping a positive outlook. I will keep everyone posted as we go forward.

Again, thank you all so very much.

The waiting is so difficult. You will all feel so much better once you have a plan in place. Hang in there! Jennifer may find alot of people telling her to be strong and positive. It may be helpful to let her know she is entitled to have her moments and she should let herself have them and then move forward. It's much better than bottling it up inside.

Laurie

They did assure her that this is fixable and that's what I keep telling myself. Jennifer is overall in good spirits (she has her moments) and is keeping a positive outlook.

Remember.....Jennifer will not be fighting cancer. The cancer will be fighting her. And Jennifer will win! Prayers and pixie dust for your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter