Pre-made meal suggestions for stores????

EllenMurphy

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We are staying at Club Bonnet Creek. I do not want to cook but going out to eat for every meal is way out of our budget. I was thinking of ordering some Costco meals that are pre-made to just reheat cook. For example, a whole chicken, lasagna, etc. Do you have suggestions on what meals or are there other stores I could order for delivery from? I am from Canada so only familiar with Costoc!

will you have an oven? if so, from costco-the chicken pot pie is great, the stuffed bell peppers are fantastic. something cold? the cold marinated shrimp makes for a phenomenal wrap. i'm not a fan of it but dh LOVES costco's korean beef bulgogi (we get a package of their fried rice packets to go with it). the street taco kits are FANTASTIC (and come with everything you need). the rotisserie chicken alfredo is tasty as well.

for grab and go-a sandwich or roll up tray tray can work well and they do sell boxes of multiple types of chips, flats with multiple types of yogurts.

will you have an oven? if so, from costco-the chicken pot pie is great, the stuffed bell peppers are fantastic. something cold? the cold marinated shrimp makes for a phenomenal wrap. i'm not a fan of it but dh LOVES costco's korean beef bulgogi (we get a package of their fried rice packets to go with it). the street taco kits are FANTASTIC (and come with everything you need). the rotisserie chicken alfredo is tasty as well.

for grab and go-a sandwich or roll up tray tray can work well and they do sell boxes of multiple types of chips, flats with multiple types of yogurts.
Yes we will have an oven!

Most grocery stores carry the heat and eat pulled pork/chicken. Pair that with some rolls and bagged salad and that would be an easy meal.

if you are not a member of costco then there's a couple of ways you can save yourself the cost of having to buy a membership you won't use again (unless you plan to use their mail order for the remainder of the year your membership is good for)-

1. buy a membership when you go to the store to shop but then turn around and cancel it before you leave the area (they let you cancel anytime-but it has to be in person or by phone)

OR

2. if you know someone with a membership ask them to buy you a costco gift card (or 2 or 3 if you will go multiple times on your vacation). they can get them for any denomination so keep them low, like $10 each BECAUSE you can use it to shop in costco WITHOUT a membership. you just have to pay for the purchase 1st with the balance on your gift card and then the remainder with cash, debit or a visa card (they only accept visa-and remember to watch out for those foreign transaction fees!).

if you are not a member of costco then there's a couple of ways you can save yourself the cost of having to buy a membership you won't use again (unless you plan to use their mail order for the remainder of the year your membership is good for)-

1. buy a membership when you go to the store to shop but then turn around and cancel it before you leave the area (they let you cancel anytime-but it has to be in person or by phone)

OR

2. if you know someone with a membership ask them to buy you a costco gift card (or 2 or 3 if you will go multiple times on your vacation). they can get them for any denomination so keep them low, like $10 each BECAUSE you can use it to shop in costco WITHOUT a membership. you just have to pay for the purchase 1st with the balance on your gift card and then the remainder with cash, debit or a visa card (they only accept visa-and remember to watch out for those foreign transaction fees!).
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I am a member of Costco but that is the only store I am familiar with in the area. I don't know US grocery stores, etc.

Many large US grocery stores now have a section of premade foods that you only need to heat in the oven. They might also have a selection of hot ready-to-go items as well.

Publix is near WDW, they have a large selection of pre-made meal items. They also sell meal kits, sort of like Blue Apron and the like, that would be simple to make, if you're interested. While Publix isn't the cheapest option, they have very good customer service, and their meat and produce are very fresh. In addition to their cold selections, they have a hot/deli section with subs, fried chicken, and so forth.

OR

I didn't realize Costco accepts credit cards from nonmembers (I am a member). I have always asked friends/family members to bring enough cash to cover anything over the Cash card amount.

LAX

I didn't realize Costco accepts credit cards from nonmembers (I am a member). I have always asked friends/family members to bring enough cash to cover anything over the Cash card amount.

LAX
They don't care about whose credit card it is at mine in the Houston area. I take my sister along and we just do two transactions but scan my membership card for each transaction. Her surname is different than mine so it isn't that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter