Pre Trip Report 702

I just finished reading your pre tr...so exciting for your family!!! I am really interested too because we just booked this cruise while we were onboard the fantasy december 1-8. It is still really up in the air if we actually take this trip or push it out to 2014...but it sure is fun to dream:)

So, I am in!

I just finished reading your pre tr...so exciting for your family!!! I am really interested too because we just booked this cruise while we were onboard the fantasy december 1-8. It is still really up in the air if we actually take this trip or push it out to 2014...but it sure is fun to dream:)

So, I am in!

Welcome aboard my PTR. Our cruise has a group forum on the meets forums. It isn't very active yet and we don't have a leader for the FE, but there are some nice people who have already joined in. :crowded:

And hereI bet you thought I disappeared again. Well I haven't so there.:crazy:
In fact we had a meeting last night and I have some updates for you about that and a few other things, but first let me tell you why I haven't been around much.
Well we decided to buy a new car. If you have ever bought a new car you will understand that it is a stressful process to research what kind and then try to get the best deal. We finally decided on the car we are buying..a Prius Alpha...also known as Prius V in the states. Although Japan has different options available. Then we have been in negotiation with Toyota. The problem is in Japan it's not just Toyota (1 company) It's actually 4 companies using the Toyota name. So anyway we thought we had the best deal and even started te process, but then another company that we had also met with us called us back and changed their original offer. That beat the company we had decided on. Now we are trying to decide to cancel with this company and go back to the original. It's all been stressful. Either way we will have a new car by the middle of March...ordered and delivered.
Now if you are worried that it wiil take away from the cruise money...don't worry...it shouldn't. things are going to be tight, but it should all still be fine.

Now to the meeting. Last night was about excursions and other general info. It seems everyone is still in. We kind of all decided we want to do the stingray excursion at Castaway Cay and a few are thinking of parasailing.
We were also excited about the New Years Eve party and the rumor of free Champagne.:woohoo:party:
Still contemplating how to get to the port...limo...van...bus.
We also talked about magnets for the door, but I said I had to contact my magnet maker.:rolleyes1 He is in the middle of a TR right now though and I don't want to stop his creative flow.:rotfl2: He would use it as an excuse.

Anyway things are going well.

Diet update. It's going well also...although not perfect. I'm under a 100 KGs now...about 225 pounds which means I lost 6 kilos are about 15 pounds. I have a goal to lose about 30 more pounds before the cruise, with the knowledge that I will put some of that back on.

Ok back to car research for now.:scared1:

I'm so enjoying this pre-trip report! I'm a planning geek and just love reading other peoples' pre-trip report threads! :coffee: It gives me ideas! :idea: So keep it coming!

By the way, congratulations on the weight loss! :thumbsup2 I need to drop a few kilos myself before our cruise in October and am procrastinating getting off the couch and actually working out! :sad2:

I'm so enjoying this pre-trip report! I'm a planning geek and just love reading other peoples' pre-trip report threads! :coffee: It gives me ideas! :idea: So keep it coming!

By the way, congratulations on the weight loss! :thumbsup2 I need to drop a few kilos myself before our cruise in October and am procrastinating getting off the couch and actually working out! :sad2:

Thanks for the nice words. Yep...I am pretty happy that after Valentines day I have not gone chocolate crazy and put back on weight. It's all about moderation....atleast until you board the ship.:rotfl2:

So two things are on my mind recently...well atleast two when it comes to the trip. One is which parks to see before and after the cruise. Because of limited time and money I am going to have to eliminate one. Now that wouldn't be so hard if it was just me and the wife, but with the group it's a little more complicated.
Animal Kingdom is for sure as it's my wife's favorite.:thumbsup2
Then with all the updates to the Magic Kingdom that seems like a no brainer.

Now to choose the third....hmm...I love EPCOT, but whatever park we choose for the third spot will be the one we go to the same day as we ge off the Dream....is that enough time for Epcot???Hmmm?? Hollywood Studios can be done with less time, but it's not so unique as TDR has Toy story Mania, Tot, a better little mermaid show, Star Tours ( soon to reopen as updated version) I love the RAR rollercoaster, but that's just one attraction. Epcot is more unique. The other thing is some of the group doesn't do thrill rides well so EPCOThas more to offer.
Second thing that's on my mind is my Dismeets group...so far we have a great group of people signed in, but unfortunately we haven't been that active and no one has taken full charge of the FE group...so how can I light a fire under my group.

Oh our new car is being delivered mid march...so excited. Also my mom is coming to Japan this summer for the first time ever. Both good things.

One bad is our washing machine is on it's last legs.....but hey we have had it for 21 years so that's ok, but if it quits the cruise budget may take a small hit.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter